Shoutbox

the messenger phone - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: the messenger phone (/showthread.php?tid=60237)

the messenger phone by black widow on 06-06-2006 at 05:41 AM

I'm not sure if the messenger phone is the wlm phone, but i can enjoy it within two days from now.

What can you do with the messenger phone (for the ones who doesn't know it yet)

calling via wlm and the regular phoneline from one computer to another

you can see who is online in your contactlist by simply pressing the messenger button, even if your computer is offline

coulor display, time and date(if it is importend)

hands free phone

no difficulty installation, just plug and play with xp

philips has the release on 06-08-2006. Availeble in holland, maybe also in other countrys. In holland, you can find it at dixons.

and maybe your'e already know this.  for me, this phone is enough, i do not have to sms via wlm or something.

RE: the messenger phone by user27089 on 06-06-2006 at 05:53 AM

http://www.messenger.philips.com/phone/gb/en/

It tells you everythinthere. It's basically a VoIP phone, so you can ring people over the internet using a specific type of modem (the black cuboid thing that comes with the phone).

The Messenger Phone is basically the Windows Live Messenger phone and it is more than enough, with the modem you can set up phone lines in certain areas. I know that with Mippos VoIP phone he has a phone line in England and he lives in the Netherlands. So it is cheaper for him to use that line to phone English people etc.

RE: the messenger phone by M73A on 06-06-2006 at 06:32 AM

bah... just use the landline :)

if you need Voip for whatever reason... use Metroid Prime on the Nintendo DS :D

RE: the messenger phone by Mentality on 06-06-2006 at 10:22 AM

I dont like the look of it, but what it can do is pretty impressive - it needs a much bigger display tbh as well, it looks tiny.

RE: the messenger phone by saralk on 06-06-2006 at 01:28 PM

I've got the regular version of that phone, i.e. no colour screen and no VoIP. The size of the screen is pretty good, you can use my phone to send SMS, and the screen is big enough to read and type messages, so I think that screen would be fine, since it's colour, it'll probably have a much higher resolution screen than my phone, and so the text will be easier to read.

RE: the messenger phone by JadeRovo on 06-06-2006 at 05:18 PM

So it is a special type of phone. I would rather stick to my PC :D

RE: the messenger phone by black widow on 06-06-2006 at 05:42 PM

I made a reservation of that phone, it will be deliverd to dixons by philips the day after tomorrow. It's 100 euro. I can't wait to have it. One plug for the regular line and one plug for the computer and you have a go.

RE: the messenger phone by JadeRovo on 06-06-2006 at 05:53 PM

100 euro Thats not much at all is it. Is that for the phone or delivery though?

RE: the messenger phone by black widow on 06-07-2006 at 10:52 AM

100 euro For the phone. 2 euro delivery.