Shoutbox

PSP. Its worth it. :) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: PSP. Its worth it. :) (/showthread.php?tid=60244)

PSP. Its worth it. :) by Steven on 06-06-2006 at 10:45 AM

Hey, i've wondered, if anyone has a psp on theese forums, and if they have socom as a game. Its like cs only better 10 times. If you do have a psp, make sure your not to the highest update, and that you have internet on it and able to download demos. (probably gonna be moved to trashing and testing ) So reply back on either A: I dont have a psp, i have something else, Ipod, w.e) post anything else you have that you picked over a psp and say why. And if you do have a psp, tell me your specs, like what version.

RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by rav0 on 06-06-2006 at 11:03 AM

I don't have a PSP, but I think it'd be cool to have one. I have/had a digital mp3 player, but i broke it :(.

WTF update to the latest version? Why? Why? WHY?

RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Supersonicdarky on 06-06-2006 at 11:03 AM

maybe make a poll?

i got a palm cuz it can do more things than a psp, touchscreen, bluetooth, good for school and i can play or watch movies too :)

RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Mentality on 06-06-2006 at 11:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by steven5678
Hey, i've wondered, if anyone has a psp on theese forums, and if they have socom as a game. Its like cs only better 10 times. If you do have a psp, make sure your updated to the highest update, and that you have internet on it and able to download demos. (probably gonna be moved to trashing and testing ) So reply back on either A: I dont have a psp, i have something else, Ipod, w.e) post anything else you have that you picked over a psp and say why. And if you do have a psp, tell me your specs, like what version.

so you are recommending people upgrade - to play DEMOS? ha! they wont upgrade because they can play full games ISO's on download and run homebrew applications. I was one of the stupid ones that upgraded.

There have been rumours though of a MOD chip for psps which lets your swap between firmwares 1.5 and "latest" which sounds quiet cool, but I don't want mine ever taking apart and risk breaking it, so I hope they find something to downgrade from 2.6 or allow you to run ISO's

And yes I have a psp its worth it - a palm device although it can do alot I still would say tht psp is more powerful - my phones an XDA Exec - or JASJAR and the psp walks all over it.

RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Reaper on 06-06-2006 at 11:11 AM

I would say yes. So many things you can do with it.

RE: RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Steven on 06-06-2006 at 11:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
quote:
Hey, i've wondered, if anyone has a psp on theese forums, and if they have socom as a game. Its like cs only better 10 times. If you do have a psp, make sure your updated to the highest update, and that you have internet on it and able to download demos. (probably gonna be moved to trashing and testing ) So reply back on either A: I dont have a psp, i have something else, Ipod, w.e) post anything else you have that you picked over a psp and say why. And if you do have a psp, tell me your specs, like what version.

so you are recommending people upgrade - to play DEMOS? ha! they wont upgrade because they can play full games ISO's on download and run homebrew applications. I was one of the stupid ones that upgraded.

There have been rumours though of a MOD chip for psps which lets your swap between firmwares 1.5 and "latest" which sounds quiet cool, but I don't want mine ever taking apart and risk breaking it, so I hope they find something to downgrade from 2.6 or allow you to run ISO's

And yes I have a psp its worth it - a palm device although it can do alot I still would say tht psp is more powerful - my phones an XDA Exec - or JASJAR and the psp walks all over it.

I have 2 psps, one with homebrew one with 2.71. I wasnt sure if i was allowed to post about hacks so thats why i didnt mention.

And what i mean by update is, everytime sony has an idea, they make a new version on the psp, and you can do a network update, giving you new features. [edit] How can i add a poll straight to this thread?
RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Mentality on 06-06-2006 at 11:26 AM

quote:
I have 2 psps, one with homebrew one with 2.71. I wasnt sure if i was allowed to post about hacks so thats why i didnt mention.

And what i mean by update is, everytime sony has an idea, they make a new version on the psp, and you can do a network update, giving you new features.

Well its ok to talk about the homebrew afaik but not the UMD runners.

I went to get another psp after I made the boo-boo of upgrading, I cnt get a 1.5 or 2.0 anywhere, my girlfriends brother has one and knows nothing of the homebrew apps and how to use them, but won;t swap me :( - - - oh well

RE: RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Steven on 06-06-2006 at 11:33 AM

quote:
quote:

And what i mean by update is, everytime sony has an idea, they make a new version on the psp, and you can do a network update, giving you new features.

Well its ok to talk about the homebrew afaik but not the UMD runners.

I went to get another psp after I made the boo-boo of upgrading, I cnt get a 1.5 or 2.0 anywhere, my girlfriends brother has one and knows nothing of the homebrew apps and how to use them, but won;t swap me :( - - - oh well

what version do you currently have?
RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Mentality on 06-06-2006 at 11:36 AM

quote:

2.6 I can run the E-Loader and certain homebrew games and apps through the GTA exploit but thats about it at the moment
RE: RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Steven on 06-06-2006 at 11:37 AM

quote:
quote:

2.6 I can run the E-Loader and certain homebrew games through the GTA exploit but thats about it at the moment

The best you can do is wait for a downgrader..
RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Mentality on 06-06-2006 at 11:42 AM

That's my plan which is why I aint upgrading to 2.7+ yet - although rumours also predict if anything does come out to downgrade or exploit or w.e it will be in the 2.7+ or 3.0 because Sony have put so much into each of them (even though 3.0 isnt out yet and probs wont be out till the ps3 is released we know they are putting alot into it - so more room for exploits)

RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Reaper on 06-06-2006 at 12:22 PM

The Mod-Chip will allow you to use ISO backups of your UMDs regardless what firmware you have.

RE: RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Mentality on 06-06-2006 at 12:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
I have two PSP's both 1.5 Why 2 you may ask, well i bought one myself and a month later I won one..

Something Mentality might like to know. A psp mod-chip has been made and in the next few months im guessing there going to be everywhere. With this mod-chip you can run Homebrew applications with ease. As easy as it was back when PSP's where 1.0.   

thanks but..

quote:

I already knew there was gonna be something :P - I just don't wanna have my psp opened up, and I would obviously never attempt this shit myself

[update] btw the chip is called undiluted platinum - http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=7459 - If you want info on the chip
RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Reaper on 06-06-2006 at 12:31 PM

You know its unlikely a downgrader for 2.01+ will come out because of the GTA: SA exploit. All you can do is wait for an ISO loader to be released.

RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Mentality on 06-06-2006 at 12:40 PM

I'm sure something less drastic than chipping/modding will come out real soon, it's just a case of being patiant.

RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Mentality on 06-06-2006 at 12:58 PM

has it got its own on board (built in) memory - that would be ace - iI havn't really read up on it yet

RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Steven on 06-07-2006 at 01:09 AM

What homebrew apps do you guys have?

RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by zach on 06-07-2006 at 05:27 AM

I have a PSP.
Don't upgrade to the latest firmware! If you want to play socom online with v1.5, you need to check out the psp news for a new loader called Devhook .4. It fully emulates v2.5!

I am planning on getting a wireless router so I can play online.

RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Mentality on 06-07-2006 at 09:40 AM

PSP Radio and some homebrew games thats it - I can;t run UMD loaders because it's 2.6 :(

RE: RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Steven on 06-07-2006 at 10:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zach
I have a PSP.
Don't upgrade to the latest firmware! If you want to play socom online with v1.5, you need to check out the psp news for a new loader called Devhook .4. It fully emulates v2.5!

I am planning on getting a wireless router so I can play online.

Do you have socom? I really want to play someone that does. What about that shockwave player thing. how is it workoing out for you guys with 2.71
? [edit Njotify me when you do get a router. So what other games do you have guys?
RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by zach on 06-07-2006 at 10:23 AM

Right now I have:
-iR Shell Must try if you have 1.5. I am a tester for it also.
-FileAssistant++ -Manage PSP contents.
-DevHook 0.41 -Load the latest games on 1.5 and emulate firmware 2.5
-PMP Mod -Play .PMP videos (480x272 nice format)
-PSPlayerMT -Plays several video & audio formats
-PSPMediaPlayer 0.06 -Media player also with smoother playback.
-Lua Player -Lua app. runner.
-DAX zISO -Runs compressed ISOs (backed up games)
-Bookr -Reads PDFs and TXT documents.
-PSPXTI -TI calculator emulator.

Check pspupdates.com for the latest news and the downloads of these files.

I usually have alot more but I just cleaned up my list and made the eboots look nice (A) PMP for more info...

PSP UPDATES by Steven on 06-07-2006 at 10:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zach
Right now I have:
-iR Shell Must try if you have 1.5. I am a tester for it also.
-FileAssistant++ -Manage PSP contents.
-DevHook 0.41 -Load the latest games on 1.5 and emulate firmware 2.5
-PMP Mod -Play .PMP videos (480x272 nice format)
-PSPlayerMT -Plays several video & audio formats
-PSPMediaPlayer 0.06 -Media player also with smoother playback.
-Lua Player -Lua app. runner.
-DAX zISO -Runs compressed ISOs (backed up games)
-Bookr -Reads PDFs and TXT documents.
-PSPXTI -TI calculator emulator.

Check pspupdates.com for the latest news and the downloads of these files.

I usually have alot more but I just cleaned up my list and made the eboots look nice (A) PMP for more info...

Wow thats quite a show you have there :O. Psp updates updates to much.
RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Reaper on 06-07-2006 at 11:00 AM

Seeing as I have 2.6, i've only got the SNES emulator and VNC

RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Mentality on 06-07-2006 at 11:29 AM

quote:
Do you have socom? I really want to play someone that does. What about that shockwave player thing. how is it workoing out for you guys with 2.71
? [edit Njotify me when you do get a router. So what other games do you have guys?

Nah I don't - sorry :P

RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by vaccination on 06-07-2006 at 03:33 PM

I have a wireless router :D

But no Socom:(

I have 2.7 (why did i upgrade:() and the shockwave player is only for online flash content within webpages (i believe) and is not a stand alone player that you play your own .swf' on.

Also what apps can i get for 2.7??

RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Reaper on 06-07-2006 at 03:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
I have a wireless router :D

But no Socom:(

I have 2.7 (why did i upgrade:() and the shockwave player is only for online flash content within webpages (i believe) and is not a stand alone player that you play your own .swf' on.

Also what apps can i get for 2.7??
There is no eLoader for 2.7. You are gonna have to wait before one comes out.
RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by vaccination on 06-07-2006 at 03:41 PM

Thats what i figured :(

Oh well, i can wait!

RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by welshboy222 on 06-07-2006 at 03:50 PM

I have a PSP but I don't have socom I love the PSP because its handy for everything!

RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by vaccination on 06-07-2006 at 03:55 PM

A quick question...

To watch movies on the PSP they have to be mpg4 yeah???

And can anyone possibly point me to a website where i can download a converter?

Thanks (Y)

RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Reaper on 06-07-2006 at 03:56 PM

.MP4*

If you want to convert them, use PSP Video 9. Great program, and tells you how to place them on your PSP so they are watchable. Its free aswell.

RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by vaccination on 06-07-2006 at 03:57 PM

Okay thanks reaper:D

RE: PSP. Its worth it. :) by Steven on 06-08-2006 at 11:49 AM

Please post in this thread, if you got a new game, or need help with a game, or anything related to psp. like if your wondering to buy it.