Shoutbox

MsgPlus! for Linux - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: MsgPlus! for Linux (/showthread.php?tid=60315)

MsgPlus! for Linux by Bamboocha on 06-08-2006 at 09:45 AM

there is a version for linux?

other compatible with same goodies? ;)

thx
;)

RE: MsgPlus! for Linux by MattyRid on 06-08-2006 at 09:50 AM

I don't think a version will ever be made for Linux as the developer doesn't have it.

P.S I will be corrected only if what I have said is wrong ;)

RE: MsgPlus! for Linux by linx05 on 06-08-2006 at 10:00 AM

Similar to this answer:

http://www.msgplus.net/help_faq.php?expand=1#mac

RE: MsgPlus! for Linux by UnduTheGun on 06-08-2006 at 10:46 AM

The main reason is that there's no MSN messenger for any linux distribution, and I don't think Patchou has enough knowledge to make a plugin for an IM program in linux.

quote:
Originally posted by TheItalianStallion

I don't think a version will ever be made for Linux as the developer doesn't have it.
I don't think that's the reason, there are a lot of free distros and can be installed on any PC, unlike Mac OS X.

RE: MsgPlus! for Linux by Hank on 06-08-2006 at 10:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Bamboocha
there is a version for linux?

other compatible with same goodies? ;)

thx
;)
download Amsn an you'll see in Plugins there is a plugin called Plus, download that

http://amsn.sourceforge.net/plugins.php its called AMsn Plus
RE: RE: MsgPlus! for Linux by Matti on 06-08-2006 at 03:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
download Amsn an you'll see in Plugins there is a plugin called Plus, download that

http://amsn.sourceforge.net/plugins.php its called AMsn Plus

That looks like a quite good alternative for the color tags, besides it is for another instant messenger client. :)
I'll guess that's the best choice if you want a MSN Messenger lookalike version for Linux. ;)
RE: MsgPlus! for Linux by Patchou on 06-08-2006 at 08:34 PM

quote:
Title: "MsgPlus! for Linux"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
....... don't take it the wrong way Bamboocha but those who know me well enough could probably tell you why this title will make me smile for the rest of the day :).

So no, sorry, no Linux version of Messenger Plus! will be released, ever (at least not by me). Even if I wanted, it would probably be impossible to do considering that Messenger Plus! is a plugin for the Microsoft client of Messenger and that it's not available as is in Linux.
RE: MsgPlus! for Linux by ShawnZ on 06-08-2006 at 08:36 PM

Linux is an operating system for communists and poor people, not trustworthy and secure like Windows. Do you think patchou is a communist?!

RE: MsgPlus! for Linux by Svip on 06-08-2006 at 08:37 PM

Besides, Gaim kicks ass.

After all, you get more than one protocol in one client, and all the features of the other clients plus more.

EDIT: Shawnz: Communists are not evil enough to make plugins for Microsoft applications.  NOW THAT IS EVIL.  Don't get this software IT IS EVIL I TELL THEE!

RE: MsgPlus! for Linux by ShawnZ on 06-08-2006 at 08:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Even if I wanted, it would probably be impossible to do considering that Messenger Plus! is a plugin for the Microsoft client of Messenger and that it's not available as is in Linux.

Maybe as an experiment one day, you could try implementing a feature or two from msgplus into a Gaim extension?
RE: RE: MsgPlus! for Linux by Bamboocha on 06-08-2006 at 11:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
Linux is an operating system for communists and poor people, not trustworthy and secure like Windows. Do you think patchou is a communist?!

8o|wrong answer!!!:@

if you think, linux have many goodies, someone...:

1.  Is a lite S.O. (so, it's the best S.O. if you want the goodies of winXP and you have a slow Computer):D

2. programming well and you have absolutly control up your system!!!;)

3. virus free and you don't have bugs!!!:o)

4. Your system is fully stable (don't crash anymore!!!+o()

last but... important at the same:

you have a license free S.O. so you don't pay anymore a software that crash and that is very expensive and unsecure!!!

P.S.: never asked to you "why most servers and administration program are made in linux?"   ^o) *-)  there is many answers, firsts of all you can find al 3 - 4 amd last goodies i have explain over (Y) (H)
RE: MsgPlus! for Linux by Patchou on 06-08-2006 at 11:40 PM

Let's not start a thread about why Linux is so great here, feel free to do so in the Tech section of this forum :).