Shoutbox

Where do you work? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Where do you work? (/showthread.php?tid=60331)

Where do you work? by M73A on 06-08-2006 at 07:29 PM

im looking into saturday jobs and just wondered where people on the forum worked....(doesnt have to be saturday job)

don't need to know where, and your shifts etc.... im not trying to find information to stalker plussers:P lol

RE: Where do you work? by Plik on 06-08-2006 at 07:38 PM

Watersports centre - aka beach bum :P
(Although it is quite hard work)

But if you don't have any experiance then its not a good job :p

RE: Where do you work? by vaccination on 06-08-2006 at 07:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
im looking into saturday jobs and just wondered where people on the forum worked....(doesnt have to be saturday job)

don't need to know where, and your shifts etc.... im not trying to find information to stalker plussers:P lol

Your not very good at the whole lieing thing are you:dodgy:

j/k:P

Well i don't work as i'm still in school ( :( ) but my brother used to work in a resturant/bar (he was into cooking and stuff back then) and now he works in construction for a company called base. (but these are all fulltime jobs so not much help i doubt)
RE: Where do you work? by Reaper on 06-08-2006 at 07:39 PM

Once I hit 18 (not literally), gonna apply to work at GAME :D

RE: Where do you work? by ddunk on 06-08-2006 at 07:41 PM

Most of my friends work at retail shops (things you'd find in the mall). I'm currently unemployed but trying to get a job at the local sports arena doing marketing for the pro sports teams there.

RE: Where do you work? by M73A on 06-08-2006 at 07:44 PM

i'm gonna apply to local computer shop... its not just cmputers thought, cameras, psps etc that sort of thing.... also at the local large pet shop:P

don't think id be allowed to wor in anne summers 8-)

RE: Where do you work? by qgroessl on 06-08-2006 at 07:45 PM

I work at a resturant... it's fairly easy.... not much to it... haha... pretty much a "saturday" job too.

RE: Where do you work? by stoshrocket on 06-08-2006 at 07:46 PM

in a restaurant, well, i did, i quit because of my exams. I don't really know what im gonna do after the exams for a small job tbh....

RE: RE: Where do you work? by vaccination on 06-08-2006 at 07:49 PM

quote:

don't think id be allowed to wor in anne summers 8-)

:rofl:

We all wana work in anne summers :banana:
RE: Where do you work? by albert on 06-08-2006 at 07:52 PM

Value Village..

not the best job ever but at least it does community service

RE: RE: Where do you work? by CookieRevised on 06-08-2006 at 07:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
(...) my brother used to work in a resturant/bar (he was into cooking and stuff back then) and now he works in construction for a company called base. (but these are all fulltime jobs so not much help i doubt)
Many of my friends also worked part-time (or as a student) in the restaurant/bar business. It is quite common for students to do this kind of jobs (in fact, a big percentage of this bussiness runs on student-jobs etc). Another common job is to work at local supermarkets and stuff. Or at big factories (although these are often not so pleasant jobs)...

Personally I work fulltime in a theater, being a theater technician, I'm my own boss (well I have a boss above me, but I basicly can do whatever I want when I want, as long a the job gets done), the hours are extremely inregular and you have to do a lot of overtime. But the job is also very extremely versatile.
RE: Where do you work? by DJKAL on 06-08-2006 at 07:53 PM

i did a paper round and have worked in 2 restaurants (1st for 3 years - i was 11 when i started :D) and i DJ - but thats not easy work and expensive to start.
i might quit my job now at the 2nd restaurant because i hate the manager's and the pay is crap
but i might be starting up my own business if i can get the money of my dad (A) (on loan :()

RE: Where do you work? by Chris4 on 06-08-2006 at 08:00 PM

If you can be bothered to do a paper round, then it's worth the money. If you can be bothered to do the morning paper round every day, then you'll have alot of money for a little job.

I do a weekly paper round, which I get £10 for. It's easy, and the money adds up once you've been doing it for a while :P

But, I would prefer to have a job in say, a restraunt, computer store, etc.

I don't really like my job, and I can't really be bothered to do it most weeks, but I just do it for the money :P So if you can find a better job with good pay, good on ya :P

RE: Where do you work? by DJKAL on 06-08-2006 at 08:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
If you can be bothered to do a paper round, then it's worth the money.

no it really isn't

i used to do a round myself, £20 for 7 days

works out at about 1.70 ish i think  per day. BAD PAY. and £10 is worse :O

RE: Where do you work? by stoshrocket on 06-08-2006 at 08:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
If you can be bothered to do a paper round, then it's worth the money.

no it really isn't

i used to do a round myself, £20 for 7 days

works out at about 1.70 ish i think  per day. BAD PAY. and £10 is worse :O

ive done a paper round, got paid the same, i could do my round in about an hour, and i got faster as i went, thats good pay my friend, 1.70 for an hours work, compared to my restaurant pay that isnt even min wage... i get paid £15 for 8 hours work.... now THAT's bad pay :zippy:
RE: Where do you work? by DJKAL on 06-08-2006 at 08:45 PM

yer i did a round for 2 years. and did it in an hour or 40 mins ish
even at the age of 11 i was on £3.25 per hour and now im on £3  :( but it isnt great pay - but when you think a 6 hour shift is £18 it seems ok - but realistically its crap pay. £3 an hour isnt that good either - but fo £1.70ish per hour (or slightly less) at 6 AM (5 some times i did it) in thunderstorms....nah thanks id rather not do it again

RE: Where do you work? by qgroessl on 06-08-2006 at 08:45 PM

quote:
but i might be starting up my own business if i can get the money of my dad  (on loan )
quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL's Profile

Good luck :zippy:
RE: Where do you work? by JadeRovo on 06-08-2006 at 08:47 PM

I work at a Florists at the weekend. After school I used to work at a carwash until i realised they used white t shirts as uniforms for a reason whilst washing cars :(

RE: RE: Where do you work? by DJKAL on 06-08-2006 at 08:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
quote:
but i might be starting up my own business if i can get the money of my dad  (on loan )
quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL's Profile

Good luck :zippy:

i dont need luck, my dad hasd been a carpet and bed trader for 2o years, ad has may contacts he has gained since he worked with carpets since 16 (he's 50 this year!)
so with the use of his wharehouse and £5000 capital loaned to me by him i should do fine. 2 staff members (me and a mate) to roll, stack/store carpets (6m each - 12 m rolls (wide) and varying m's in length.) and then selling them. i should be fine. dad will help me has he has been self employed for over 20 years
RE: Where do you work? by M73A on 06-08-2006 at 09:43 PM

i'd hate to work in a restaurant.... just cause i got a feeling i'd always drop stuff :|.... meh, people think you spit in their food... i can spit in someones laptop or whatever. lol

RE: Where do you work? by wj on 06-08-2006 at 09:54 PM

I work as an IT Manager for Timbercon (http://www.timbercon.com/)

Goto the site, I love seeing our web guy freak out because we get more traffic then usuall.

RE: Where do you work? by prashker on 06-08-2006 at 10:38 PM

I don't work :refuck:

RE: Where do you work? by Voldemort on 06-08-2006 at 10:40 PM

I want to work... but i have not been able to find a job :(

RE: Where do you work? by dylan! on 06-09-2006 at 12:18 AM

I work in school:(

RE: Where do you work? by RebelSean on 06-09-2006 at 01:33 AM

I don't work currently, but in about 14 days when I turn 16, get my drivers license, and purchase a car I'm going to apply at a few fast food places.

RE: Where do you work? by Felu on 06-09-2006 at 02:26 AM

I go to school :'(:(. I save my pocket money :P.

RE: Where do you work? by Pinchichuv on 06-09-2006 at 03:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
I want to work... but i have not been able to find a job :(

RE: Where do you work? by Rubber Stamp on 06-09-2006 at 04:00 AM

i am in school, i dont work for an earning, but i work in school

RE: Where do you work? by Purity on 06-09-2006 at 06:03 AM

I work at Co-Op Gasbar, unionized.  I get payed 7:55$ an hour, my pay cheques land at 400-500$ every two weeks.  I like my job alot, i started a month and a half ago.

I work as a Pump Attendant right now, trying to become a clerk as soon as possible.

[Image: msn_happy.gif]

Once I have my license, and get off probation, I'm going to goto the Co-op grocery store that's in Saskatoon, the city outside of my town.

Make alot more money hopefully. :)

RE: Where do you work? by -Bogan- on 06-09-2006 at 10:20 AM

McDonalds Y'all qualified burger technician

RE: Where do you work? by ins4ne on 06-09-2006 at 03:46 PM

i work for CTi Systems S.A i started work 3 days ago :P i love it

RE: Where do you work? by Vazza on 06-09-2006 at 04:03 PM

Have two jobs on the go:

First is my weekend job at the local garage. 60 GBP a week for basically making sure everything runs smoothly and I keep my boss in line too! The basic jobs I do is take the money for the petrol, handling credit card transactions and handling the payment of bills i.e. MOTs, Services etc. I'm als responsible for doing the sheet where we work out how much petrol has been sold and how much money has to be "banked".God only know how he'll cope if I have to leave after the summer. I seem to be the only one who can manage on my own without calling on him to help (or if I do, I just tell him to tell me what to do to sort it).

The second is working in the local hospital wards as a Clinical Support Worker (CSW) or Healthcare assisant as they're known in England. I roughly earn 5 GBP an hour, meaning a normal shift for me is approx. 25 GBP though you earn more if you work nightshift, weekends and public holidays. I will admit though that being a CSW isn't for everyone and whould be consider as a last option or if you want to go into Nursing (hence the reason why I am doing it). Here you put in your availability and then you are phoned when a shift comes up. You can also cancel your availablity at any time if something else comes up.

RE: Where do you work? by haydos on 06-10-2006 at 05:26 AM

I work in a little deli on the weekends (been there for 2 and a bit years) and go to uni during the week. I'm looking for a new job though.

RE: Where do you work? by Mentality on 06-10-2006 at 10:01 AM

Care Home - Caring for disabled people - Night shifts :(

RE: Where do you work? by x2zen on 06-10-2006 at 12:50 PM

I work in Fakta (a store just like Tesco) as the cashier

RE: Where do you work? by mwe99 on 06-10-2006 at 01:50 PM

Hospital :P

You'd like it there.. lots of fit nurses lmao

RE: Where do you work? by M73A on 06-10-2006 at 01:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99

lol, mikey enjoys lookin at ppl in nurses uniforms all day:P you sure you don't work in like ann summers or something? and its just people trying outfits on...
RE: Where do you work? by mwe99 on 06-10-2006 at 02:00 PM

quote:
quote:

lol, mikey enjoys lookin at ppl in nurses uniforms all day:P you sure you don't work in like ann summers or something? and its just people trying outfits on...

lol if i worked in Ann Summers i'd probably have to wear one myself

not that ive said no before ;) lmao omg :|

RE: Where do you work? by M73A on 06-10-2006 at 02:02 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

YOU would choose to wear one:P 8-)

argh got sunburnt walking around with cvs the other day, handed some in at game, whs smiths, argos, local petshop, big chain petshop place (with chincillas :D), local computer shop, currys, next, another next and ermmmm sumwhere else maybe*-)
RE: Where do you work? by mwe99 on 06-10-2006 at 02:03 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

argh got sunburnt walking around with cvs the other day, handed some in at game, whs smiths, argos, local petshop, big chain petshop place (with chincillas :D), local computer shop, currys, next, another next and ermmmm sumwhere else maybe*-)

Oh btw may I booked your fitting for 14.30 you still after that spandex piece?
RE: Where do you work? by M73A on 06-10-2006 at 02:06 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh btw may I booked your fitting for 14.30 you still after that spandex piece?

lmfao, 1 you live at the other end of the country... why would you commute to near me, 2, i dont need a fitting... why buy two!