Shoutbox

WLM Start-up Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: WLM Start-up Problem (/showthread.php?tid=60336)

WLM Start-up Problem by LoochTheMan on 06-08-2006 at 09:53 PM

Whenever i start WLM 8.0 Beta and press Sign In, a Windows error message prompts saying, "Windows Live Messenger 8.0 BETA has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.", with the options Send and Dont Send.
Either option i choose, WLM closes.

I had just installed it, and i was running on:
Msn Messenger 7.5.0324
Plus! 3.63.148
StuffPlug-NG 2.2.397
Phoenix 2.0
ColorNick V2
Patched with MessPatch

If anyone has solutions as to fixing my problem, i would appreciate their help.

Thanks.

RE: WLM Start-up Problem by Hank on 06-08-2006 at 11:50 PM

your not using Plus 3.63 in WLM8 are you?  if so remove it, it wasnt designed for WLM , but it seems that the MSN Servers are down at the moment

WLM/MSN Messenger should be back up now

RE: WLM Start-up Problem by Chris4 on 06-08-2006 at 11:53 PM

As Animal said, remove Messenger Plus! 3.63.

Messenger Plus! Live for WLM will be here soon :)

RE: WLM Start-up Problem by mwe99 on 06-09-2006 at 12:02 AM

I get a similar problem where my WLM just crashes instantly and I can't sign in :( sometimes works.. sometimes doesnt

RE: WLM Start-up Problem by LoochTheMan on 06-09-2006 at 12:58 AM

I have uninstalled Plus! and it still has the same problem. I tried installing my old 7.5.0324 back and it just crashes just the same. When both WLM and Msn Messenger crash, they leave no error code. Its becoming an annoyance to me.

Thanks.

RE: WLM Start-up Problem by Hank on 06-09-2006 at 01:09 AM

try uninstalling it again an before reinstalling, reboot the PC an reinstall.

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
I get a similar problem where my WLM just crashes instantly and I can't sign in (Smilie) sometimes works.. sometimes doesnt
have you made a Clean install of WLM8 dude?
RE: WLM Start-up Problem by LoochTheMan on 06-09-2006 at 01:39 AM

After restarting between installs, the WLM worked for a while.

However, once it did work, i had this problem:

Upon signing in, my contact list is empty. It says, "Your contact list doesn't have anyone on it. Click the Add button to start creating your list."

Above this under the "Find Contact Or Number.." bar, there is a message that reads, "Due to a connection problem, changes you make might not be applied to other computers you use."

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this, i would appreciate it.

Thanks.

RE: WLM Start-up Problem by Stef on 06-09-2006 at 09:35 AM

i have it too
i think it's a server problem from MSN.

yesterday or better this night, germany time 2AM
all contacts was offline and nobody online O_o

I attache a pic :p

Perhaps MSN works on their server or so :p

RE: WLM Start-up Problem by LoochTheMan on 06-09-2006 at 11:16 PM

I dont think its a server problem, but a problem with the program itself. I have attatched an image of the error message I receive everytime I sign in.

Thanks.

RE: WLM Start-up Problem by sufcste on 06-10-2006 at 09:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by LoochTheMan
Msn Messenger 7.5.0324
Plus! 3.63.148
StuffPlug-NG 2.2.397
Phoenix 2.0
ColorNick V2
Patched with MessPatch
It seems you have a lot of patches and modifications running at the same time. Maybe try running a clean version of WLM, or make sure you have all your patches updated to the most recent version. If that doesn't work, you could go back to MSN Messenger 7.5, with the advantage of MP! 3.63. WLM 8 final is hopefully being released within a week, so hopefully they will have fixed all the bugs. Also, the patches will have to be updated to be compatible with a new version of WLM. This may solve any conflicts.
EDIT: There is a newer version of WLM available. Try that.
RE: RE: WLM Start-up Problem by CookieRevised on 06-10-2006 at 10:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:
Originally posted by Animal
your not using Plus 3.63 in WLM8 are you?  if so remove it, it wasnt designed for WLM
As Animal said, remove Messenger Plus! 3.63.

Messenger Plus! Live for WLM will be here soon :)
You don't need to remove 3.63.148 at all. In fact it was especially designed for it to run along side WLM (and/or with Plus! Live) and MSN Messenger 7.5.

The only true fact is that 3.63.148 will not hook into WLM; it will only hook into MSN Messenger 7.5 or lower. It does not interfear with WLM at all, in fact it reconizes it (but thus, it doesn't hook).

quote:
Originally posted by LoochTheMan
After restarting between installs, the WLM worked for a while.

However, once it did work, i had this problem:

Upon signing in, my contact list is empty. It says, "Your contact list doesn't have anyone on it. Click the Add button to start creating your list."

Above this under the "Find Contact Or Number.." bar, there is a message that reads, "Due to a connection problem, changes you make might not be applied to other computers you use."

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this, i would appreciate it.

Thanks.

That's quite normal and how WLM now works if there are problems with getting your contactlist from the servers.

WLM uses a locally cached contactlist whenever it can't connect to the servers to get your contactlist.

Since, apparently, you didn't have a locally cached contactlist (yet), nothing is shown. If contacts would have been shown, any change to the contactlist will only be stored locally on your computer. It will only be send once WLM can connect back to the servers. Hence why it says that any change will not be applied to other computers as long as there is no connection.
RE: WLM Start-up Problem by LoochTheMan on 06-10-2006 at 02:31 PM

With regards to my contact list; i was only able to sign in once and it was unable to load my contact list. It is still not letting my sign in at all as i get that error report message when i try.

As well, i am running a clean version of WLM. Those were the patches that i was running before i installed it. Prior to doing so, i uninstalled everything that was installed to modify my Msn. The WLM is running clean with no patches/add-ons to interfere, yet i still have the problem.

Thanks.

(I have been without MSN for 4 days and would appreciate some feedback to help me fix my problem)