Shoutbox

[Bug] Emotions in nickname dissappear - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: [Bug] Emotions in nickname dissappear (/showthread.php?tid=60377)

[Bug] Emotions in nickname dissappear by youssif25 on 06-10-2006 at 05:53 AM

Hi,
To start off the problem im facing is that i cant see emotions on the people in my nickname. I want to options and i see that i have ticked the show emotions option.

- Im using Msn Messenger 7.5.0322
-MsgPlus 3.63.148
- I see emotions on 3 nicknames or 4 only and the rest the emotions dont show. (normal emotions like :P :D (6) )
- The error occured after i renamed one of the nicknames on my list. I then changed the nickname back to its original state. Suddenly most of the emotions on peoples nicknames dissappeared.
- I uninistalled MSN and MsgPlus and reinstalled and couldnt fix the problem.

Now i have people on my msn list that use emotions like (k) but i cant see that emotions only Bracket the letter K and another braket.

Please help!

RE: [Bug] Emotions in nickname dissappear by NiteMare on 06-10-2006 at 05:56 AM

renameing the contacts automatiacly disables the emoticons (its part of the way plus is able to change the names), that was not an error, but a warning telling you what i have just told you

to re-enable emoticons:

contacts > View contacts by > display names

RE: [Bug] Emotions in nickname dissappear by Matti on 06-10-2006 at 06:32 AM

NiteMare is right. :)

Messenger Plus!' custom contact names works by changing the displayed e-mail address in the contact list. And since e-mail adresses can't contain emoticons, they won't be displayed. The reason that Patchou choosed to change the e-mail address instead of the display name is since a contact can easily change his/her nickname, but not his/her e-mail. ;)

RE: [Bug] Emotions in nickname dissappear by youssif25 on 06-10-2006 at 10:56 AM

Okay thanks i got it fixed,
however every 5 minutes it changes its self back into View contacts as Email Addresse

RE: [Bug] Emotions in nickname dissappear by RaceProUK on 06-10-2006 at 01:07 PM

Then also disable Plus!'s Custom Names.

RE: [Bug] Emotions in nickname dissappear by youssif25 on 06-10-2006 at 02:07 PM

I think i did that... the name i renamed is back to its orginal nick yet my msn keeps on changing it to View Contacts By Email Addresse

RE: [Bug] Emotions in nickname dissappear by Sunshine on 06-10-2006 at 02:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by youssif25
I think i did that... the name i renamed is back to its orginal nick yet my msn keeps on changing it to View Contacts By Email Addresse
To disable custom names:
Plus > preferences > contactlist> custom names..uncheck the box(es) infront of it.

MsgPlus! Tutorial - How do I remove Custom Names?