Shoutbox

MSN not delivering messages,second day =| - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN not delivering messages,second day =| (/showthread.php?tid=60402)

MSN not delivering messages,second day =| by onetouchspark on 06-10-2006 at 08:15 PM

Hi guys.I really need help :S
My MSN is acting weird.
I talk to somebody,then it sudenly stops delivering any messages to my contacts.it sends them back 'following msgs could not be delivered' ..
When I restart it,it helps sometimes,but in a few minutes it stops delivering msgs again.What helps is when the person starts talking first,then my messages go through just fine.
I thought it might be caused by Windows live mail beta,as I signed to it just a few days ago.I opted out of it,but MSN keeps acting weird.
I also tried reinstalling MSN.it didnt help either :(

I thought its a virus,but when I scanned with Kaspersky,it didnt find anything.
I also dont have firewalls....so I have no idea what it is at all.
help please!

RE: MSN not delivering messages,second day =| by Chris4 on 06-10-2006 at 09:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by onetouchspark
I thought it might be caused by Windows live mail beta,as I signed to it just a few days ago.I opted out of it,but MSN keeps acting weird.
Well I'm pretty sure it's not WLMail. It doesn't change WLM in any way (as far as I know) so there should be no problems.

Go to the Connections Troubleshooter (Options > Connections) and see if there are any errors.

I'm sure it's only temporary and will be fine soon.
RE: MSN not delivering messages,second day =| by Sunshine on 06-10-2006 at 09:18 PM

Things like these are most likely due to MSN serverproblems. Wait a bit longer and see if it improves.

Infact i can confirm servers acting up as i've been experiencing appearing offline to people (some of their messages were delivered to me as offlines even - i use WLM) whilst i really was online and the ocassional message not beeing delivered (closing and reopening the conversation screen sometimes helps too).

RE: MSN not delivering messages,second day =| by onetouchspark on 06-10-2006 at 09:22 PM

Thanks for your replies.yeah some of my friends were appearing offline to me as well even though they were online.

I hope it will get better soon its really just impossible to have a conversation atm.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Go to the Connections Troubleshooter (Options > Connections) and see if there are any errors.

Done that,there are no errors.:)
RE: MSN not delivering messages,second day =| by MattyRid on 06-11-2006 at 06:21 AM

If I'm not mistaken, I was told by a few at Microsoft that they are having a few server problems and one of them being this problem. Apparently it maybe a problem that could take months to fix :(

RE: MSN not delivering messages,second day =| by sufcste on 06-11-2006 at 09:59 AM

Have you got the most up-to-date version. If you are running MSN Messenger 7.5 then the latest build is 0324 (I think) and if you are running Windows Live Messenger Beta, then the latest build is 0689.00_Branches (definately). If you are running WLM, it is only a beta, and therefore has bugs in it. Try uninstalling it and downloading MSN Messenger 7.5.

RE: RE: MSN not delivering messages,second day =| by onetouchspark on 06-11-2006 at 12:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sufcste
Have you got the most up-to-date version. If you are running MSN Messenger 7.5 then the latest build is 0324 (I think) and if you are running Windows Live Messenger Beta, then the latest build is 0689.00_Branches (definately). If you are running WLM, it is only a beta, and therefore has bugs in it. Try uninstalling it and downloading MSN Messenger 7.5.

I've got latest MSN 7.5 and latest Plus!
RE: MSN not delivering messages,second day =| by hosey on 06-11-2006 at 12:55 PM

im using MSN/WLM 8.0.0689.00 beta and i am having them problems also!!

it is getting very annoying!! so im hoping MSN/WLM will come out of beta soon!!

RE: MSN not delivering messages,second day =| by MattyRid on 06-11-2006 at 12:57 PM

Does anybody even read my post?? I have direct contacts at Microsoft who say they are aware of the problem but it could take months to fix it. And it happens with just about anything from MSN Messenger 7.0 upwards.

RE: RE: MSN not delivering messages,second day =| by onetouchspark on 06-11-2006 at 08:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheItalianStallion
Does anybody even read my post?? I have direct contacts at Microsoft who say they are aware of the problem but it could take months to fix it. And it happens with just about anything from MSN Messenger 7.0 upwards.

yes we do! Thank you for info, it's sad that it may take months to fix it.
RE: MSN not delivering messages,second day =| by jegar on 06-12-2006 at 01:41 PM

quote:
My MSN is acting weird.
I talk to somebody,then it sudenly stops delivering any messages to my contacts.it sends them back 'following msgs could not be delivered' ..
When I restart it,it helps sometimes,but in a few minutes it stops delivering msgs again.What helps is when the person starts talking first,then my messages go through just fine.

help please!

It's a server connection problem, like most things in MSN Messenger or chat.  If the message doesnt go through right away, wait a few minutes and try again, it will.
RE: RE: MSN not delivering messages,second day =| by onetouchspark on 06-12-2006 at 04:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jegar
quote:
My MSN is acting weird.

help please!

It's a server connection problem, like most things in MSN Messenger or chat.  If the message doesnt go through right away, wait a few minutes and try again, it will.

Unfortunately it doesn't go through unless I restart MSN or if another person sends a msg first.
its a pain you-know-where (N)