Shoutbox

DMI issues - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: DMI issues (/showthread.php?tid=60455)

DMI issues by Hybrid on 06-11-2006 at 11:04 PM

When I start my computer it says "Building DMI pool..." and I end up waiting for about 4 minutes. Can anyone explain to me how to fix this?

RE: DMI issues by Chris4 on 06-11-2006 at 11:46 PM

Searching Google, I found this. Do you have a new video card?

quote:
I figured out what the problem is...

I guess the new video card was drawing a little too much power, and was causing the splitter to not get enough to properly power both drives, although they were being detected. So I found my original converter I had when I only had one SATA drive (a single 4-pin molex to a single SATA power) and hooked that to one of the drives, and then hooked the dual one to the other (just leaving the other connection loose), and now all works beautifully. So it was a power issue, but created by an odd setup.

Luckily, one of the PSU's in my 2nd computer went recently, so I decided to upgrade my main PSU to a 470W Enermax and throw this PSU in the 2nd (a 350W quality Antec which will be powering a much less power demanding issue)
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13952093?hilite=dmi
RE: DMI issues by CookieRevised on 06-12-2006 at 12:57 AM

DMI pool data errors are caused by hardware and other system peripherals.

Possebilly some settings are wrong in your BIOS (you could try to reset all the settings, but of course you will loose the settings which you have now -note them down before you try to reset the BIOS-).

Unplug every PCI card and system peripherals (thus this includes hard disks too). Only leave your graphics card. Start up your PC and check if the DMI pool gets verified. After that, plug each device or card back in, one by one and each time reboot your PC and check if the DMI pool data gets verified.

------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Searching Google, I found this. Do you have a new video card?
DMI pool data stuff isn't only linked to graphic cards.

The error can be caused by any device on the system, it could be the graphics card, but there is as much chance that it isn't the cause. DMI pool data errors are caused by faulty devices, wrong BIOS settings (for those devices) or IRQ settings and stuff.