Shoutbox

Display pic? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Display pic? (/showthread.php?tid=60462)

Display pic? by Jaddo on 06-12-2006 at 01:40 AM

can you make your msn support animated display pics? if not, you think there will be any chance that you guys will make it on the next version?

RE: Display pic? by albert on 06-12-2006 at 01:41 AM

If by "animated display pictures" you mean .gif, then sadly, it is not possible to make it. You'd have to suggest that to the MSN Team, now called the Windows Live Messenger team.

RE: Display pic? by Reload2 on 06-12-2006 at 02:11 AM

It isn't possible, and it will probably never be, because Blue Mountain and stuffs won't make money anymore. So, the only way to have animated display pics is to use Blue Mountains

RE: Display pic? by NiteMare on 06-12-2006 at 02:21 AM

i asked that in one of the beta chats, and they said no because of the paid winks and stuff

RE: Display pic? by Jaddo on 06-13-2006 at 11:37 AM

i thought maybe that Messenger Plus could find way...... maybe not.....

RE: Display pic? by RaceProUK on 06-14-2006 at 05:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jaddo
i thought maybe that Messenger Plus could find way...... maybe not.....
If you can find a way of creating a PNG that is also animated, then that would work. Unfortunately, PNG only supports single images, and is the only format Messenger uses for display pictures.

NB: I know you can use any file type - Messenger converts it to a PNG before actually making it your DP.
RE: Display pic? by ins4ne on 06-14-2006 at 05:27 PM

animated png? what about this one? [Image: 704ll.png]

RE: Display pic? by RaceProUK on 06-14-2006 at 05:47 PM

One GIF feature that PNG does not try to reproduce is multiple-image support, especially animations; PNG was and is intended to be a single-image format only.
Source: www.libpng.org

Edit: An animated PNG is therefore a non-standard extension to PNG, and as such cannot be guaranteed to be supported by any program, now or in the future.
There is a PNG-based animation standard called MNG, and that's the format that is being pushed.

RE: Display pic? by Thor on 06-14-2006 at 05:56 PM

yeah, but it's still possible to have animated .png, I have a few. :)

RE: Display pic? by ins4ne on 06-14-2006 at 05:57 PM

yeah me too... those who i backed up... all saved as .png and animated...