Shoutbox

banning - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: banning (/showthread.php?tid=60472)

banning by olive6 on 06-12-2006 at 11:01 AM

Hi, everyone!
I'd like to know whether there is any way to identify if someone has banned me or hides when connecting.
Thx

RE: banning by lordy on 06-12-2006 at 11:04 AM

no there isn't any way to know if someone blocks you or is connected to msn as appear offline, the msn protocol doesn't allow it

RE: banning by jegar on 06-12-2006 at 01:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by olive6
Hi, everyone!
I'd like to know whether there is any way to identify if someone has banned me or hides when connecting.
Thx

Don't be fooled by programs promising you that they can get around this restriction....they don't work and are full of adware, spyware and even worse things.  Question however.  If they have you blocked they obviously don't want to talk to you, are you stalking someone?
RE: banning by olive6 on 06-12-2006 at 02:51 PM

Well, I wouldn't like to do anything bad. :) I just asked someone not to talk to me on MSN anymore but I had my reasons. :( And now I cannot see him online, so I was just wondering if he blocked me or simply doesn't log in anymore. That's all, and he probably blocked me, still I was surprised. Anyways, thx for your replies. :)

RE: banning by lrac522 on 06-12-2006 at 02:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by olive6
Hi, everyone!
Thx

The only way i suggest you could find out is asking a contact on your list who is also on you friend's list if that person is signed in. Too bad if that contact is also blocked... Other methods doesn't really work.(Y)
RE: banning by olive6 on 06-12-2006 at 02:59 PM

Unfortunately, we have no common contacts, otherwise I would've surely asked them by now. ;) But thx anyway! :)

RE: banning by NiteMare on 06-12-2006 at 03:29 PM

e-mail them asking them if and why your blocked

RE: banning by alltalk on 06-12-2006 at 06:30 PM

too bad we can't find out if we are block or not...  what u can do is make a new account and add that person.. see if they will come online..

RE: banning by GiantSpider on 06-12-2006 at 06:35 PM

To do that you would have to assume they randomly accept everyone who asks to be on their access list, and why would you bother.