Shoutbox

Wireless connects, disconnects, connects - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Wireless connects, disconnects, connects (/showthread.php?tid=60479)

Wireless connects, disconnects, connects by Reaper on 06-12-2006 at 03:21 PM

For some weird reason, my wireless connection constantly disconnects and connects. It happens every few minutes. Ever since I setup the connection its never happened. Before you say the singal strength is the problem, its not, because its either Very Good or Excellent, it has never been lower. I have reset both computers (i'm using an Ad-hoc type connection) and repaired the connection many times.
Whats going on?

RE: Wireless connects, disconnects, connects by welshboy222 on 06-12-2006 at 04:23 PM

It is strange its happened with me before I use belkin modem it must be something to do with the signal.

RE: Wireless connects, disconnects, connects by xJ + on 06-12-2006 at 04:32 PM

This happens to me before. Then I switched to wired connection. It's quite strange for some reason.
It's because of your settings. It randomized the IP address every hour or after a few minutes. It's default for some. You can change it, just go to the address provided by your modem and change the wireless settings.

RE: Wireless connects, disconnects, connects by Voldemort on 06-12-2006 at 06:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xJ +
It's because of your settings. It randomized the IP address every hour or after a few minutes. It's default for some. You can change it, just go to the address provided by your modem and change the wireless settings.

Although i think this would be right, for a router, but he is using an ad-hoc connection... perhaps in your modem?

RE: Wireless connects, disconnects, connects by GiantSpider on 06-12-2006 at 06:47 PM

Should you not be using infrasructure mode?

RE: Wireless connects, disconnects, connects by YourNeibour on 06-12-2006 at 07:00 PM

Make sure your appliances like Wireless Phone, Microwaves aren't interfering with it.  Also check the channel you are on.  This happened to me a few times and I just changed channels and now I'm constantly conected.  But every other router setting should be the same.