Shoutbox

Powerpoint help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Powerpoint help (/showthread.php?tid=60483)

Powerpoint help by Rubber Stamp on 06-12-2006 at 04:43 PM

i need to make a good looking powerpoint presentation, the topic being 'My Country', ie India. i was thinking if you can give me some ideas as to how to go about it to make it look good, like some colour schemes, background, animation or stuff. i need about 15-20 slides. also, ill need to run it on a differnet computer in school, so i cant download some plugin or anything.
can u advice me on this?
thanks

(i dont know if this should be in tech-talk, sorry if its the wrong section).

RE: Powerpoint help by Plik on 06-12-2006 at 04:54 PM

if you're talking aswell, then don't have to much text on the actuall presentation, just bullet point the key info, and you can expand on it with what you say

RE: Powerpoint help by xJ + on 06-12-2006 at 04:55 PM

Yeah, I totally agree with what phillip've said.
Moreover, don't use picture background on every slides, it'll look bad, it better to have plain background with some design by the side. If you want animations on text, use the same one on the same slide, otherwise don't. That's what I'll do.  Need an example btw?
And..

quote:
Originally posted by Plik
if you're talking aswell, then don't have to much text on the actuall presentation, just bullet point the key info, and you can expand on it with what you say

RE: Powerpoint help by Rubber Stamp on 06-12-2006 at 05:00 PM

thanks for tips guys.
can someone find some kind of tutorial, or sample backgrounds? that would be real helpful
thanks again.

RE: Powerpoint help by xJ + on 06-12-2006 at 05:06 PM

Here's a site: http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/MS-PowerPoint/1

RE: Powerpoint help by Rubber Stamp on 06-12-2006 at 05:40 PM

helpful site.
thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
    Sorry i cant find them ):

no problems. thanks for trying
RE: Powerpoint help by Vazza on 06-12-2006 at 06:02 PM

I agree with backgrounds. Keep it similar and the same throughout for consistancy. As for picture backgrounds, sometimes you can get away with it as long as you make it a watermark.

Titles (excluding the opening slide) in my opinion should be on the slide before anything else i.e. it's there when you change the slide so that not only you, but thoses you are presenting to, know what you're going to talk about before you do. Also, it will keep you right too.

Re: animation of text. It too should be kept consistant throughout. As for the animation of pictures, I would recommend that it appears via dissolve or something along those lines. Try to avoid the fly in ones. And sometimes sounds go great with images as well (if it will allow it) :)

Really I guess it's whatever going to suit the topic that you choose, but I gladly help you if I can :)