Shoutbox

Help ;\ Msn wont let me sign in with gmail ;s - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Help ;\ Msn wont let me sign in with gmail ;s (/showthread.php?tid=60487)

Help ;\ Msn wont let me sign in with gmail ;s by Emmor on 06-12-2006 at 06:15 PM

I started having problems with msn since yesterday.
I was on my hotmail and i noticed it said signing in when i wasn't someone then said i was on web messenger, i managed to sort it out, it was just my msn being stupid or something.

But i use hotmail for email to my family and GMAIL for my msn and other emails etc.
Msn wont let me sign on on any of my gmail accounts it says ' wrong password or username ' or whatever it usually says if you've typed your user or pass in wrong.
The thing is i can sign onto my GMAIL email and the password and uesrname is fine, its just msn.

Its never done this before and i don't know what to do. I've reinstalled msn, wiped my computer && tried on 2 more computers and it still doesn't work : ( i really want to get onto my msn >_<
Any suggestions?

RE: Help ;\ Msn wont let me sign in with gmail ;s by GiantSpider on 06-12-2006 at 06:32 PM

You have created a passport account using that gmail address haven't you?

PS: Just Checking

RE: Help ;\ Msn wont let me sign in with gmail ;s by azur on 06-13-2006 at 12:53 PM

hmm, have you registered with @gmail.com or with @googlemail.com ?!   i have an msn account with googlemail.com and that works , but gmail doesn't work :s

RE: Help ;\ Msn wont let me sign in with gmail ;s by Val on 06-13-2006 at 01:01 PM

Go here and register the gmail/googlemail account. Then you should be able to sign into MSN/WLM. Be sure to verify the account so that you can change your nickname and get more features.

RE: Help ;\ Msn wont let me sign in with gmail ;s by RaceProUK on 06-14-2006 at 05:33 PM

Erm...
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=60489
Isn't that thread similar to this one?

RE: Help ;\ Msn wont let me sign in with gmail ;s by UnduTheGun on 06-14-2006 at 06:07 PM

keep in mind that gmail and MSN (passport.net) services have nothing to do with each other, you have to register a www.passport.net account using you gmail direction to be able to use it in MSN, remember that they DON'T HAVE to have the same password as they are completely independent.

If you already have registered a passport.net account using your gmail mail, please, check that the pasword is the correct one.

RE: Help ;\ Msn wont let me sign in with gmail ;s by SerGuMa on 06-14-2006 at 06:11 PM

passport and windows live id are the same thing with different names, aren't they?

If they aren't then perhaps that's the problem :lol:

RE: Help ;\ Msn wont let me sign in with gmail ;s by UnduTheGun on 06-14-2006 at 07:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SerGuMa
passport and windows live id are the same thing with different names, aren't they?
You need a passport.net account to sign up to the WLM beta, and you use your passport.net to sign in to MSN Messenger, so they are not exactly the same thing, but for you I'll do an exception and I'll say:

Yes, it's the same thing
RE: Help ;\ Msn wont let me sign in with gmail ;s by RaceProUK on 06-14-2006 at 08:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UnduTheGun
quote:
Originally posted by SerGuMa
You need a passport.net account to sign up to the WLM beta, and you use your passport.net to sign in to MSN Messenger, so they are not exactly the same thing, but for you I'll do an exception and I'll say:

Yes, it's the same thing
Actually, all Passports are valid Windows Live IDs: MS is moving from the .NET Passport Service to Windows Live IDs in keeping with the Windows Live services.
In summary, it's been Passport > .NET Passport > Microsoft Passport > Windows Live ID over time.