Shoutbox

New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. (/showthread.php?tid=60488)

New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by ddunk on 06-12-2006 at 06:48 PM

A Ring Tone Meant to Fall on Deaf Ears
mp3 download

I tried it out, it's set as my current ringtone.  I can hear it fine, but my mom can't hear it but can feel it in her sinuses. Both traxor and ajd reported getting headaches while listening to it. :P

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Plik on 06-12-2006 at 06:51 PM

I can't hear it O.o

Guess i've lost the high end of my hearing ranger early :p

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by prashker on 06-12-2006 at 06:55 PM

I hear a long beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

but no headaches for me or sickness :P

and I have listened it to it around 20 times now :P

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by kotjze on 06-12-2006 at 06:57 PM

I read about this, and I would have assumed it was a higher pitch though.

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by GiantSpider on 06-12-2006 at 06:58 PM

Heard about this, there going to start using it against teenagers around the streets.

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Zahid™ on 06-12-2006 at 07:00 PM

Yeh i can hear a beep but it doesn't annoy me that much.

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by ddunk on 06-12-2006 at 07:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
Heard about this, there going to start using it against teenagers around the streets.

quote:
Originally posted by article
British newspapers described the first use of the high-frequency ring tone last month in some schools in Wales, where Compound Security's Mosquito device was introduced as a "yob-buster," a reference to the hooligans it was meant to disperse.

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by hmaster on 06-12-2006 at 07:06 PM

I hear i high pitched beep. That would annoy me if it was a ringtone.

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Chris4 on 06-12-2006 at 07:09 PM

Everyone in my school was playing it on their phones a few weeks back, called 'annoying-noise.mp3'. Everyone was going "Stoppp ittt, ittt hurts my earrss!!!" :P

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Voldemort on 06-12-2006 at 07:10 PM

* Voldemort downloads...
i have hear of this but thought it was a lie

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by prashker on 06-12-2006 at 07:20 PM

My dad couldn't hear it :P

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Steven on 06-12-2006 at 07:45 PM

It annoys me. I would not want to have a ringtone like that, and my mom cannot hear it. Are there any proven facts that it can damage your hearing at all?

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Voldemort on 06-12-2006 at 07:53 PM

downloading on my cell phone.... they cannot record it but they can play it lol..... for those downloading on a cell phone but dont want to write the big url, type this http://tinyurl.com/gwfr4

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Supersonicdarky on 06-12-2006 at 07:55 PM

i cudnt hear that until i put speakers to full volume, and yes it does hurt me ears...

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by vaccination on 06-12-2006 at 08:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Everyone in my school was playing it on their phones a few weeks back, called 'annoying-noise.mp3'. Everyone was going "Stoppp ittt, ittt hurts my earrss!!!" :P

Thats like at my school only everyone is still playing it and complaining, i just get used to it and its doesnt annoy me at all.

I got on my phone allready:P
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Steven on 06-12-2006 at 08:06 PM

I have a question, how do you set it to your ring tone? Everyone or i mean noone knows how, so what do you do to put it on your cell?

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by ins4ne on 06-12-2006 at 08:06 PM

annoying... how can people use such a crap as ringtone??? i prefer nokia standards like trance :P

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by YourNeibour on 06-12-2006 at 08:09 PM

are your parents deff that they can't hear it?

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Mike on 06-12-2006 at 08:10 PM

I can hear it fine :P

Have you heard the longer version?

It starts from the same pitch, but then it begins to lower, so you should be able to hear it fine.
Here it is: http://mike.thedt.net/temp/piep.mp3

Also, check this: http://www.wcrl.ars.usda.gov/cec/download/hearing.zip

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.wcrl.ars.usda.gov/cec/gensoft.htm
HEARING.EXE tests your hearing for higher frequencies from 18000 Hz down to 40 Hz (hope you can hear something before you get to 40 Hz). A program that is fun for everyone, and can be helpful to know when you are not hearing so well due to clogged ears, age (unfortunately), or some other reason (like damage from music). Program requires only the pc's speaker.

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Voldemort on 06-12-2006 at 08:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Plik
I can't hear it O.o

that your parents can't hear it doesnt mean that you can without turning on your speakers :dodgy:

My dad hears it only if the speaker is on his ear as if he was listening to someone on the phone..
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by John Anderton on 06-12-2006 at 08:35 PM

Heh thats the same sound that tele's make .... i can tell when the tele in the other room is on using that \o/
My parents cant hear that sound so :P
Nice ringtone ...
* John Anderton saves

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Voldemort on 06-12-2006 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Heh thats the same sound that tele's make .... i can tell when the tele in the other room is on using that \o/

heh, i thought i was imagining that sound :P

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by ins4ne on 06-12-2006 at 08:48 PM

i always "use" that piep of the tele to know if my father is watching or not when i want to "borrow" some alcohol from the bar :P:P:P

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by M73A on 06-12-2006 at 08:53 PM

we had it in lessons.... teachers thought it was projectors/computers mucking up....

the one in my shcool was progressive though, getting higher and higher...

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Chrono on 06-12-2006 at 08:55 PM

i can hear it, it's so annoying >.<!

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by NiteMare on 06-12-2006 at 08:57 PM

i can hear it, i hear voices, they tell me to poke chrono

* NiteMare pokes chrono

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Max on 06-12-2006 at 09:09 PM

My cat heard it, he just had a fit. :refuck:

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Vilkku on 06-12-2006 at 09:09 PM

Umm, is it supposed to be a melody or something? I only hear this one high-pitch tone and I get a major headache from it.

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Voldemort on 06-12-2006 at 09:15 PM

Nope, just a 17 hz tone that most adults cant hear.

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by qgroessl on 06-12-2006 at 09:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Umm, is it supposed to be a melody or something? I only hear this one high-pitch tone and I get a major headache from it.

That's exactly it ;)
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by ins4ne on 06-12-2006 at 09:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
Nope, just a 17 hz tone that most adults cant hear.
its very annoying but ill try tomorrow if my mom can hear it or not... that interests me...
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Plik on 06-12-2006 at 09:35 PM

quote:
quote:
I can't hear it O.o

that your parents can't hear it doesnt mean that you can without turning on your speakers :dodgy:

What?
I did have my headphones on, and it was playing etc..
I just can't hear it, but my hearing has been dodgy for the last week or so :-/
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by kotjze on 06-12-2006 at 10:01 PM

quote:
quote:

Yes it does remind me of it, but it's a lot quiter of course :p

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by UnduTheGun on 06-12-2006 at 10:02 PM

I can hear it, and it's annoying...

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by ShawnZ on 06-12-2006 at 10:54 PM

....what the hell is a piep?

RE: RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by CookieRevised on 06-12-2006 at 10:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kotjze
quote:
quote:

Yes it does remind me of it, but it's a lot quiter of course :p
and way higher in frequency. If you can hear that, you still have very excellent ears (Y) (even not all young people can hear those high pitched beeps)....

If you can't hear it, stop listening to loud music (with or without headphones!) and don't visit that discotheque that frequently anymore, or don't stand in front of the loudspeaker on a party. (as you do damage your ears permanantly with all of those, wheiter you notice it or not!!) ;)
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Voldemort on 06-12-2006 at 11:32 PM

quote:
What?
I did have my headphones on, and it was playing etc..
I just can't hear it, but my hearing has been dodgy for the last week or so

just a joke pliky :P

hehe, some cars make a high frequency sound.... i usually hear my mom about 15 seconds before she arrives...
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by ShawnZ on 06-13-2006 at 12:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
If you can't hear it, stop listening to loud music (with or without headphones!) and don't visit that discotheque that frequently anymore, or don't stand in front of the loudspeaker on a party. (as you do damage your ears permanantly with all of those, wheiter you notice it or not!!)

That would only degrade the lower part of the spectrum evenly, not the ends of the spectrum. The only thing that can cause the either end of the spectrum to get weaker would be age.
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by CookieRevised on 06-13-2006 at 12:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
That would only degrade the lower part of the spectrum evenly, not the ends of the spectrum. The only thing that can cause the either end of the spectrum to get weaker would be age.
totally wrong
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by qgroessl on 06-13-2006 at 12:31 AM

explain?

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by ShawnZ on 06-13-2006 at 01:12 AM

quote:
quote:
totally wrong

There aren't typically too many 15khz+ frequencies in loud music, so that part of the cochlea isn't even stimulated. Only the frequencies that you would play loudly in music get stimulated and worn out.
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Curtis on 06-13-2006 at 04:43 AM

Lies.  My mom and my dad could both hear it and they are both 35.

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by albert on 06-13-2006 at 04:50 AM

I just hear a iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii............... hurts the ears really!

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by welshboy222 on 06-13-2006 at 05:16 AM

Yer I can hear it its really high pitched ya know its great old people can't hear it!

RE: RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by rav0 on 06-13-2006 at 06:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
I can hear it fine :P

Have you heard the longer version?

It starts from the same pitch, but then it begins to lower, so you should be able to hear it fine.
Here it is: http://mike.thedt.net/temp/piep.mp3

Also, check this: http://www.wcrl.ars.usda.gov/cec/download/hearing.zip

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.wcrl.ars.usda.gov/cec/gensoft.htm
HEARING.EXE tests your hearing for higher frequencies from 18000 Hz down to 40 Hz (hope you can hear something before you get to 40 Hz). A program that is fun for everyone, and can be helpful to know when you are not hearing so well due to clogged ears, age (unfortunately), or some other reason (like damage from music). Program requires only the pc's speaker.

It doesn't work for me. I can hear tones above 18500 Hz, but I can't hear the first 18000 Hz tone from the program because my PC speaker can't play it. I can only hear the tone from the program once it reaches 15300 Hz (I can hear some clicking before that).

Apparently (according to an old teacher), they play old music outside Westfield, to annoy younger people. I've never seen/heard it.
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by CookieRevised on 06-13-2006 at 09:41 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
totally wrong
There aren't typically too many 15khz+ frequencies in loud music, so that part of the cochlea isn't even stimulated. Only the frequencies that you would play loudly in music get stimulated and worn out.
Again a nice example of how you don't read posts in the proper way, try to pwn me and failing in the process; you simply repeated what I stated before and while doing so contradicted your own reply that only age is a factor...

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
explain?
I'm not wasting any more energy in explaining something to Shawnz.
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by xJ + on 06-13-2006 at 02:51 PM

best ringtone ever. installed it onto my phone. Both my parents can't hear it on my PC. Only my sister can.

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Vilkku on 06-13-2006 at 02:54 PM

What's wrong with setting the phone to vibrate without a tone?

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Voldemort on 06-13-2006 at 03:02 PM

hm... that if you have it in the jacket pocket you can't feel it...

RE: RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Vilkku on 06-13-2006 at 03:08 PM

quote:
hm... that if you have it in the jacket pocket you can't feel it...

In what situations do you have the phone in the jacket pocket and being somewhere where you want to hear the phone but not adults?
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Voldemort on 06-13-2006 at 03:11 PM

school?

RE: RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Vilkku on 06-13-2006 at 03:17 PM

quote:
school?

You have jackets on you in school?
Unless you mean the school uniform jackets, but I would imagine that I could feel the phone from the inner pocket in one. I guess it has it's uses.
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Voldemort on 06-13-2006 at 03:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
school uniform jackets

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by ShawnZ on 06-13-2006 at 09:03 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
totally wrong
Again a nice example of how you don't read posts in the proper way, try to pwn me and failing in the process; you simply repeated what I stated before and while doing so contradicted your own reply that only age is a factor...

Again a nice example of how you deny being wrong. You never said anything to the effect of my post anywhere in this thread.

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by tomfletcherman on 06-13-2006 at 09:12 PM

I could hear this for a few seconds after I stopped playing it and got a bit of a headache:P It's an interesting read and goes further to prove all technology can be used and abused.

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Stigmata on 06-13-2006 at 09:19 PM

my dad can hear it..

RE: RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by CookieRevised on 06-13-2006 at 10:06 PM

[OFF TOPIC RANT]

quote:
quote:
Again a nice example of how you deny being wrong. You never said anything to the effect of my post anywhere in this thread.
1) repeating what I've said:
quote:
Originally posted by Cookierevised
(...) stop listening to loud music (...) as you do damage your ears permanantly with all of those (...)
quote:
Originally posted by Shawnz
Only the frequencies that you would play loudly in music get stimulated and worn out.

2) Contradicting yourself:
quote:
The only thing that can cause the either end of the spectrum to get weaker would be age.
quote:

3)
quote:
ShawnZ (44) - Last updated Today at 22:38
Negative: doesn't know everything, isn't always right, etc, whatever was in my old comment
LOL
a) Of course I don't know everything. I never thought I did, I never said I did, and I never will think it or say it.
b) Your old comment said even less senseable things and was made right after I reported one of your spam posts. Retaliation?
c) Typical for you to do such thing and I expected nothing less... so again, thank you for confirming my expectations...

4) Now stop wasting my time replying to you (again and again). I ignore you if you ignore me... Oh, and because I'm not that frequent on IRC anymore, be my guest to act like the leet dude on your precious channel and go laugh some newbies in the face.... you're good at it. The more years I know you, the deeper and deeper you fall (and you came from pretty high), but I know you'll say you wouldn't care less.

[/OFF TOPIC RANT]
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by ShawnZ on 06-13-2006 at 11:33 PM

quote:

indeed, but we're not talking about wear down of those frequencies, we're talking about the 15khz+ range.

quote:
2) Contradicting yourself:

Its funny, because the part you made small in that second quote completely turns it around. 15khz+ is the end of the spectrum that people can hear. Loud music doesn't hit 15khz+ or 2khz-. So, those frequencies aren't worn out by it.

quote:
b) Your old comment said even less senseable things and was made right after I reported one of your spam posts. Retaliation?

It was deleted, so I re-added it, typing my reasons instead of just thinking them.
RE: RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by CookieRevised on 06-13-2006 at 11:47 PM

[OFF TOPIC RANT CONT.]

quote:
quote:
indeed, but we're not talking about wear down of those frequencies, we're talking about the 15khz+ range.
"We" are argumenting. And "I" was talking about loud music in general, which can include all frequencies.
quote:
Its funny, because the part you made small in that second quote completely turns it around. 15khz+ is the end of the spectrum that people can hear. Loud music doesn't hit 15khz+ or 2khz-. So, those frequencies aren't worn out by it.
Sure... maybe you should come to do my dialy job then and tweak +10 track mixer panels when a group is doing their act live on stage, tuning equalizers, keeping an eye on frequency limiters and installing sound pressure meters....

PS: Oh and a healthy human can hear up to 20kHz or even more, not 15kHz...
And music sure does "hit" 2000Hz or below. Hell, even speech is ranged between 500 and 5000Hz.

[/OFF TOPIC RANT CONT.]
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by ShawnZ on 06-13-2006 at 11:56 PM

quote:
And "I" was talking about load music in general, which can include all frequencies.

Yes, but the frequencies don't usually extend into that range, nor are they very loud in that range when they do. That'd be some pretty fucked up trance techno or something.

quote:
Sure... maybe you should come to do my dialy job then and tweak +10 track mixer panels when a group is doing there act live on stage, tuning equalizers, keeping an eye on frequency limiters and installing sound pressure meters....

Yeah, and I had to walk 10 miles in the snow with no shoes in my pjs to live acts. go figure 8-)
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by John Anderton on 06-14-2006 at 08:00 AM

Heh ... this one's been in the newspapers here for 2 days now :P

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by crank on 06-14-2006 at 10:05 AM

perfect for use in class :p
no headaches or anything like that

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Felu on 06-15-2006 at 11:36 AM

My dad and mom cant hear it :o. Its amazing.(y)

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Pyroteq on 06-15-2006 at 11:50 AM

I heard about this ages ago.. months ago i read about it on the net, but fucking hell i have a massive headache after listening to it..

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by somelauw on 06-16-2006 at 10:27 AM

Now we are all happy we can use this against our parents and in the future when we become parents the new generation will use this against us.

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Felu on 06-16-2006 at 10:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by somelauw
Now we are all happy we can use this against our parents and in the future when we become parents the new generation will use this against us.
Adults about 20 years or more, and not parents.

There are a lot of years left and by that time maybe there'll be a tone that children can hear :O
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by somelauw on 06-16-2006 at 10:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
quote:
Adults about 20 years or more, and not parents.
(pleonasmn :P)
Parents usually are older than 20 years.

quote:
There are a lot of years left and by that time maybe there'll be a tone that children can't hear :O
Probably not, because the reason parents don't hear it is because when people get older there hearing capabilities will deteriorate.

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Felu on 06-16-2006 at 11:04 AM

quote:
Parents usually are older than 20 years.
Adults(20 year olds) aren't parent usually.
quote:
quote:
There are a lot of years left and by that time maybe there'll be a tone that children can hear :O
Probably not, because the reason parents don't hear it is because when people get older there hearing capabilities will interiorate.
Could be possible as adults have a different brain wave pattern
as compared to children so sounds having patterns that adults sense and children cant.
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by John Anderton on 06-16-2006 at 11:37 AM

Felu: You get the times of india dont you?
Open the paper to the day after the day this came in the news paper Wait ... you dont get Mumbai Mirror (A supplement only for my city)
Those guys did the test on people ... there was this one 51 year old guy who actually heard the ringtone !!!

Other 30 year olds heard it too (while some didnt)

After knowing this ... best of luck in class :refuck: I still prefer to use the silent vibrating mode. kthx :p

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Felu on 06-16-2006 at 11:41 AM

quote:
Open the paper to the day after the day this came in the news paper Wait ... you dont get Mumbai Mirror (A supplement only for my city)
Those guys did the test on people ... there was this one 51 year old guy who actually heard the ringtone !!!

After knowing this ... best of luck in class :refuck: I still prefer to use the silent vibrating mode. kthx :p
So that concludes that this is due to our brain wave patterns. Different types of brainwaves can sense different type of sound waves. Right?
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by John Anderton on 06-16-2006 at 11:43 AM

quote:
quote:

So that concludes that this is due to our brain wave patterns. Different types of brainwaves can sense different type of sound waves. Right?
I concluded that this is due to different rates of detoriation of hearing. I could hear it if my neighbours turned their tv's on when i was a kid my parents couldnt do is with their eyes closed sitting in the same room. The sound i hear from tv's is the same one as this one.
I can no longer hear whats going on in the neighbours house but i can sometimes tell (when its quiet enough) if the tv is in the room)

Rate of detoriation is what counts imo ;)
RE: RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by CookieRevised on 06-16-2006 at 10:55 PM

quote:
No. Has got nothing todo with "brain wave patterns".

But it has everything todo with the receptors in our ears getting damaged (by too long exposure to too loud sound or by age, etc...). If the receptors don't get anything you can have all the same or all the alternative "brain wave patterns" in the world, you wont hear a thing.

The receptors in our ears are like microphones (in fact they work almost exactly the same too). If those get damaged you can have the worlds most advanced sound system, no signal will be recieved by your amplifier.
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by lrac522 on 06-17-2006 at 01:57 AM

OMG! I downloaded it, tried playing it on my system. My cat ran across the room and the dogs next door started barking. Is it really the sound effect?8-):^)

RE: RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by rav0 on 06-17-2006 at 02:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lrac522
OMG! I downloaded it, tried playing it on my system. My cat ran across the room and the dogs next door started barking. Is it really the sound effect?8-):^)
It might be, but either way, turn down your sound so that next door can't hear it, or you won't be able to hear anything at all soon.
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by John Anderton on 06-17-2006 at 04:13 AM

quote:
:lol:
Wasnt the whistle that irritated dogs thingy also a high frequency one ? or was it a low frequency sound?
RE: RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by rav0 on 06-17-2006 at 04:18 AM

quote:
quote:
:lol:
Wasnt the whistle that irritated dogs thingy also a high frequency one ? or was it a low frequency sound?
Dog whistles are higher frequency that humans can hear.
RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by somelauw on 06-17-2006 at 09:19 AM

about 7 times

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Matti on 06-17-2006 at 10:03 AM

Well, I've listened to it and heard a long 'beep'. Not very loud, but noticable. It's not so high that a human can't hear it, but high enough that older people whose ears are already older, just don't hear it. :)

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Mentality on 06-17-2006 at 01:26 PM

I used it on my psp, my sisters could hear it, my 27 year old friend could hear it, but my mum couldnt.

The PIEP one doesn't, she told me to FUCK OFF in no uncertain terms :$

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by linx05 on 06-18-2006 at 06:48 AM

Fark. Don't listen to it when you're hungover.

RE: New ringtone that parents supposedly can't hear. by Mentality on 06-20-2006 at 12:10 AM

LMFAO - Bad idea aye? :lol: