Shoutbox

Install MSN without being admin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Install MSN without being admin (/showthread.php?tid=60500)

Install MSN without being admin by Reload2 on 06-13-2006 at 12:34 AM

Well
Actually, some of my friends aren't admin on their computer (XP) so has to use WebMessenger (parents don't want to install messenger) that sucks. Does someone know a MSN alternative that doesn't require install (Like just take the files and run) or a way to install the current MSN Messenger even you are not admin?

RE: Install MSN without being admin by Steven on 06-13-2006 at 10:16 AM

Reload, its not possible to "run" msn with out downloading it. So unfortantnlty, your friends are going to have to get permision from there parents (is it becuase there parents dont like msn, or just there kids download virus every time lol) or keep using e messenger. nvm, they should show there parents msn, that you can block someone if there bothering you. That its not like aim where anyone any where can add you. You can even block them from adding you.

RE: Install MSN without being admin by qgroessl on 06-13-2006 at 02:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steven5678
downloading

Installing :dodgy:.... Do you have one of them Flashdrives that plug into the USB ports... I believe there might be a way to do it with that... I'm not sure though.
RE: Install MSN without being admin by pollolibredegrasa on 06-13-2006 at 04:27 PM

In my hospital, they provide computers with limited user accounts. So last time I was in, because I couldn't install MSN Messsenger, one night while at home, I copied all the files from the Program Files\Msn Mesenger directory onto my USB drive and then put them onto the hospital computer.

It was a partial success - although I could sign in and chat etc, it was NOT a full solution, as some features caused Messenger to crash (Voice clips for example...).

It could be worth a try :P

RE: Install MSN without being admin by somelauw on 06-13-2006 at 04:40 PM

On internet there are a couple of fake messengers like:
www.e-messenger.net

RE: Install MSN without being admin by Nathan on 06-13-2006 at 05:12 PM

WTF :S
E-Messenger is not fake, it is simply a online messenger where you can use almost anywere.
I use it all of the time.
Please explain what your on about :/

RE: Install MSN without being admin by Voldemort on 06-13-2006 at 05:23 PM

and  btw, he knows of that already, hes using the oficial one

quote:
Originally posted by Reload2
has to use WebMessenger
:dodgy:
RE: Install MSN without being admin by somelauw on 06-13-2006 at 06:03 PM

I now what e-messenger is. I didn't mean fake the way you interpreted it. I meant usable without installing with fake.

RE: Install MSN without being admin by Voldemort on 06-13-2006 at 06:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by somelauw
I didn't mean fake the way you interpreted it. I meant usable without installing with fake.

What do you mean by fake?
RE: Install MSN without being admin by somelauw on 06-13-2006 at 06:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by somelauw
I meant usable without installing with fake.

RE: Install MSN without being admin by Voldemort on 06-13-2006 at 06:06 PM

but what fake, i dont really get you..

RE: Install MSN without being admin by somelauw on 06-13-2006 at 06:09 PM

It can do the same as messenger but actually it isn't messenger. So I used fake.

RE: Install MSN without being admin by Voldemort on 06-13-2006 at 06:19 PM

but fake = not real so :P

RE: Install MSN without being admin by somelauw on 06-13-2006 at 06:28 PM

e-messenger isn't the real messenger

RE: Install MSN without being admin by sufcste on 06-13-2006 at 06:47 PM

It is A real online messenger just not THE Micro$oft official online alternative to MSN Messenger/WLM. It's not fake.

RE: Install MSN without being admin by qgroessl on 06-13-2006 at 07:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fatfreechicken
In my hospital, they provide computers with limited user accounts. So last time I was in, because I couldn't install MSN Messsenger, one night while at home, I copied all the files from the Program Files\Msn Mesenger directory onto my USB drive and then put them onto the hospital computer.

It was a partial success - although I could sign in and chat etc, it was NOT a full solution, as some features caused Messenger to crash (Voice clips for example...).

It could be worth a try :P
:p that's what I was on about in mine... just wasn't sure if it was possible really.