Shoutbox

Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded (/showthread.php?tid=60511)

Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Sunshine on 06-13-2006 at 09:50 AM

Since my hope that the old thread would be restored has flown, let's start again (in GCC since the Disney one is too now :chrongue: ). Please folks repost your recordings...

(8) Infernal ft Sunshine - From Paris To Berlin (8)

Mirror

(8) Wendy Mathews/Sunshine - The Day You Went Away (8)

(yes i know, my site seems to be off...but that could be just me...let's just hope it'll be up again soon, included mirror site just in case)

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by user27089 on 06-13-2006 at 10:42 AM

nsfw.
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Vazza on 06-13-2006 at 12:26 PM

New recording that was done today (something I owed Chrono (a))

p.s Feel sorry for me. I sang it with a throat infection :)
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by user27089 on 06-13-2006 at 01:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
p.s Feel sorry for me. I sang it with a throat infection

For like 3 years?

* user27089 runs.
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Vazza on 06-13-2006 at 01:43 PM

Just because I get constant throat infections.......anyways,I have been singing on and off. I've been doing acoustics of songs for another site (I'd give the link out but I don't want you to find the rest of them since they're not that good) inbetween working, ebaying and writing a chord book.....

Just noticed that this is my 666th post (6)(6)

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by FrozenDaggers on 06-13-2006 at 04:18 PM

Rofl, traxor sounds nothing like I imagined. haha.

And.. that song... ew. :dodgy:

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by user27089 on 06-13-2006 at 05:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FrozenDaggers
Rofl, traxor sounds nothing like I imagined. haha.

And.. that song... ew. :dodgy:

What do you mean? :p.

I wasn't be serious while singing by the way. I hate it when people take singing etc. seriously :p.
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Vazza on 06-13-2006 at 06:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I hate it when people take singing etc. seriously :p.

So you hate me then :'(
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Chrono on 06-13-2006 at 09:20 PM

quote:
New recording that was done today (something I owed Chrono (a))

p.s Feel sorry for me. I sang it with a throat infection :)

Thanks Vazza :D <3

Edited: omg it rocks :O
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Stigmata on 06-13-2006 at 09:26 PM

quote:

nsfw.
hahahahaha

the best bit for me is that he is trying sooo hard :D

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Vazza on 06-13-2006 at 09:27 PM

Well, here's another. It's been three hours in the making (my voice and fingers hurt like hell.) No one will probably know the original but...bleh...

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Chrono on 06-13-2006 at 09:40 PM

quote:
Well, here's another. It's been three hours in the making (my voice and fingers hurt like hell.) No one will probably know the original but...bleh...

i love it :O

Vazza you're great :|
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Vazza on 06-13-2006 at 09:43 PM

:$ Aww shucks. Hope it makes up for all the delays on the original song :)

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by M73A on 06-13-2006 at 09:50 PM

Has Vazza done like singing lessons or something :|

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Vazza on 06-13-2006 at 09:51 PM

What makes you say that?

RE: RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by CookieRevised on 06-14-2006 at 12:28 AM

quote:
What makes you say that?
because you have already a very good singing voice... If you're not taking singing lessons, I'd suggest to take them, you'll never know...
Might also help reduce the constant throat infections.

You should really do something with that singing (and don't keep it for yourself only ;):p) (y)

* CookieRevised wants more
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Voldemort on 06-14-2006 at 04:05 AM

Make some opera in the theater Cookie is at :P

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by NiteMare on 06-14-2006 at 04:16 AM

* NiteMare votes vazza for Plus! Live Idol

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by RebelSean on 06-14-2006 at 05:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
* NiteMare votes vazza for Plus! Live Idol

* RebelSean votes too

I *might* sing, but it won't be pretty :p.
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by John Anderton on 06-14-2006 at 06:04 AM

Sunshine: That 12 second clip of 'Beatles - Good Day Sunshine' wont do will it :P

Hmmm ....
* John Anderton wonders which song he should sing if any ....
* John Anderton sucks at singing tho :p (and sunshine is proof to that :P)

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by user27089 on 06-14-2006 at 06:14 AM

quote:
quote:
I hate it when people take singing etc. seriously :p.

So you hate me then :'(

No, I hate it when you sing seriously :p.

I don't hate you.

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
the best bit for me is that he is trying sooo hard

Trying so hard to do what? :p
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Stigmata on 06-14-2006 at 06:24 AM

quote:
Trying so hard to do what? (Smilie)

to be a boootyful singer :D

A+ from me babeh :D
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by user27089 on 06-14-2006 at 06:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
quote:
Trying so hard to do what? (Smilie)

to be a boootyful singer :D

A+ from me babeh :D

I know I'm not a good singer :p.
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Vazza on 06-14-2006 at 08:35 AM

Re: singing. I had singing lessons for 6 months three years ago for my exams, but I don't know anywhere local that does singing lessons. Plus it damn expensive too....maybe it time I faced Simon Cowell :p

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Sunshine on 06-14-2006 at 09:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Sunshine: That 12 second clip of 'Beatles - Good Day Sunshine' wont do will it :P

Hmmm ....
* John Anderton wonders which song he should sing if any ....

* John Anderton sucks at singing tho :p (and sunshine is proof to that :P)
Try singing the whole song :chrongue:

Sucking at singing...really hmmm....what can i say...try use your own voice as much as possible, do not try to mimic the original singers one too much (no two voices are the same)...and formost: breathe! And no..i never had singing lessons :P

Vhazza: awesome!!! UK Idols time i'd say ;)

Edit: added new recording in first post.
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Vazza on 06-14-2006 at 12:53 PM

Well, this is you're lot from me. I probably murdered the second song. After all there is only one person who can really sing it :) Enjoy :)

Hmm...pancakes and maple syrup.....
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by user27089 on 06-14-2006 at 01:21 PM

I'm a bit embarassed right now, not for myself either. :(

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Vazza on 06-14-2006 at 01:27 PM

for me?

(yes it's all me,me,me,me,me)

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by user27089 on 06-14-2006 at 01:31 PM

Yes, actually...

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Vazza on 06-14-2006 at 01:32 PM

Okay, I'll shut up then :lipsrsealed::lipsrsealed:

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Voldemort on 06-14-2006 at 01:44 PM

They are good, really.... Traxor is jealous... :O :tongue: :dodgy:

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by user27089 on 06-14-2006 at 01:51 PM

Amazingly jealous!

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Vazza on 06-14-2006 at 02:05 PM

There was a sense of sarcasm there....right?

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by user27089 on 06-14-2006 at 02:06 PM

quote:
There was a sense of sarcasm there....right?

Here's proof that I'm a better singer than you will ever be!

http://skarz.co.uk/hosted/lukeftlukeawholenewworld.mp3 <=== FEATURING MULTIPLE LAYESR!!1
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by ayjay on 06-14-2006 at 02:08 PM

Vazza, do you have any of your songs playing la guitar? (I think you used to play the guitar :/)

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Vazza on 06-14-2006 at 02:16 PM

ajd: Girl From Tokyo and Over and Over have me playing the guitar :)

Traxor: were you original singing voice for Aladdin? :p

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by ayjay on 06-14-2006 at 02:19 PM

Ooo...

* ayjay listens

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by x2zen on 06-14-2006 at 04:34 PM

I did my best:

Me singing "We Are One" from "The Lion King 2":

http://download.x2zen.dk/msgplus/x2zen-we_are_one.mp3

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by user27089 on 06-14-2006 at 08:34 PM

http://skarz.co.uk/hosted/hahawoo.mp3

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Joa on 06-19-2006 at 03:28 AM

i know i'm restoring an old thread but... i sang a song, TWO actually :O
.. kinda :$

it's just queen.

here:
one song

and here's another slightly changed queen song
new plus! theme song? (A)

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by John Anderton on 06-19-2006 at 05:35 AM

I wonder if i should sing with my blocked nose and anyways sucky voice :P
Any song nominations (ones which hopefully arent too difficult)?

Also someone needs to show me how to record stuff. Simple voice recorder with the music playing on winamp to help you stay in cue or do you want karoke style singing or something?
Anyone up to it? Sunshine/Traxor?
(My pc crashes everytime i connect to the plus! irc server :S Efnet works fine :S)

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by user27089 on 06-19-2006 at 06:58 AM

quote:
I wonder if i should sing with my blocked nose and anyways sucky voice :P
Any song nominations (ones which hopefully arent too difficult)?

Also someone needs to show me how to record stuff. Simple voice recorder with the music playing on winamp to help you stay in cue or do you want karoke style singing or something?
Anyone up to it? Sunshine/Traxor?
(My pc crashes everytime i connect to the plus! irc server :S Efnet works fine :S)

Download Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net) and the lame encoders (for mp3, from the same place). Then start audacity, import the song you want to do, and start recording, you can then sing over the top of the other song (but on another layer) and it plays while you record.
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by gif83 on 06-19-2006 at 07:50 AM

quote:

catchy

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by user27089 on 06-19-2006 at 08:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gif83
quote:

catchy

You might like this then:

http://skarz.co.uk/hosted/lolwang.mp3
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by John Anderton on 06-19-2006 at 09:09 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gif83
quote:

catchy

You might like this then:

http://skarz.co.uk/hosted/lolwang.mp3
lolwangtops :p

quote:
Download Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net) and the lame encoders (for mp3, from the same place). Then start audacity, import the song you want to do, and start recording, you can then sing over the top of the other song (but on another layer) and it plays while you record.
Downloading ... thanks mate ;)
Song nominations?
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by ddunk on 06-19-2006 at 09:13 AM

quote:
Song nominations?
http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/downloads/music/kwikemart.mp3

Lyrics:
http://www.area51newmexico.com/simpsons/simpsons_kwik.html

<3
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by user27089 on 06-19-2006 at 09:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
quote:
Song nominations?
http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/downloads/music/kwikemart.mp3

Lyrics:
http://www.area51newmexico.com/simpsons/simpsons_kwik.html

<3

:lol:

How very racist, in a subtle way :p.
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by ddunk on 06-19-2006 at 09:21 AM

He sounds like Apu, we've discussed this on IRC before :P

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by John Anderton on 06-19-2006 at 10:06 AM

quote:
<3
* John Anderton rapeslaps ddunk :P

* John Anderton downloads and listens to the song
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by azn angel on 06-19-2006 at 10:42 AM

quote:

he doesnt sound like Apu :S:S.. you crazy non-asian folk :P
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Sunshine on 06-19-2006 at 11:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
i know i'm restoring an old thread but... i sang a song, TWO actually :O
.. kinda :$
Nah, this thread is made to place your recordings in..no matter how old this thread gets it's still ok to place new stuff in ;)
quote:
it's just queen.

here:
one song
Doesn't seem to download...no file comes up at all. Seems to want FireFox...anyways got it now :D
quote:
and here's another slightly changed queen song
new plus! theme song? (A)
:banana:

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by GiantSpider on 06-19-2006 at 12:30 PM

Right my turn, this is a drunken self penned little diddy we did in my friends studio. The rythm guitar, bass & vocals are mine, as are the words. The guitar solo & engineering is my friends. So without further ado...........

T'other things: I don't claim to be able to sing, just if I hadn't have recorded it I would have forgotten it. And cheers to Trax for hosting it.
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Sunshine on 06-19-2006 at 01:29 PM

GiantSpider your song is awesome..you sing awesome..i, i i'm impressed....wahoooo *applaudes*

Encore! Encore! Encore!

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Vazza on 06-19-2006 at 01:39 PM

Throats cleared agin. Personally I think I sounded better with the sore throat.

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by qgroessl on 06-19-2006 at 01:46 PM

Still have an amazing voice Vazza :p... You're recordings sound great!

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Discrate on 06-19-2006 at 02:51 PM

we should make this into a competition where you sign up and then there will be 8 people versing each other in a singing competition, then each week the whole forum votes for who they want to keep and who ever as the lowest amout of people who want to keep them in will be elimnated. and this will happen each week to we have one winner, the Messenger plus! Idol 2006!!!!

We should do this!

And the prize would be a t-shirt from patchou!

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Sunshine on 06-19-2006 at 03:07 PM

Sorry but i don't like competitions. This is to allow ppl to post whatever recording, not forcing them to be the best or record because they have to to get a round further.

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Discrate on 06-19-2006 at 03:09 PM

but if they are crap no one votes for them so they are out, also like we could make it only 10 people are allowed in the competition.

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by GiantSpider on 06-19-2006 at 03:16 PM

Bah, all competitions where mass people are allowed to vote are popularity contests, nothing to do with talent or abilty. I agree with Sunny, this is a nice little thread where no-one has to feel pressure to be better than anyone else.

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by user27089 on 06-19-2006 at 03:16 PM

Also, who says Patchou wants to give them a t-shirt, he has to pay for it?!

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Discrate on 06-19-2006 at 03:18 PM

lol its a suggestion ;)

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Sunshine on 06-19-2006 at 03:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
but if they are crap no one votes for them so they are out, also like we could make it only 10 people are allowed in the competition.
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
This is to allow ppl to post whatever recording, not forcing them to be the best or record because they have to to get a round further.
Wich part did you not get? This is for fun..to let us hear your voice...not a competition. Can't one simply be interested in other skills community members might have?
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Discrate on 06-19-2006 at 03:19 PM

the competition would be for fun. I might release a song soon:P what should i sing?

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by John Anderton on 06-19-2006 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Also, who says Patchou wants to give them a t-shirt, he has to pay for it?!
patchou giving away free tee's .... surfi is the only one i heard who got them so far and that was ages back :P
Not counting close family and friends of his (His family and frasie's family :P)
RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Vazza on 06-19-2006 at 05:47 PM

Nah, I agree. It's just for fun. I mean, it may sound like I take it seriously, but really it's just something that I do in my spare time and (l). And if you can share it with others, that's even better :)

RE: Can the Plus! Community sing? - Reloaded by Thor on 06-19-2006 at 05:51 PM

Agree, it's for fun, and it's fun, good to do something in the spare time! :)