Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released (/showthread.php?tid=60551)

Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by Matti on 06-14-2006 at 01:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mess.be
With a public release of Messenger Plus! Live for Windows Live Messenger around the corner, it's time to reveal more info about the new extensibility options of the popular add-on. And what could be a better way than to share with you the complete scripting documentation written by Mr. Patchou himself. Whether you still have to write your first script or you are an advanced (plugin) developer, this file will help you get the most out of Messenger Plus! Live (and indirectly, Windows Live Messenger).

Patchou told me he's already seen some excellent scripts from the beta testers, and he can't wait to see what the rest of the world will come up with!

>> Be our guest, download the complete Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Docs.

>> View some Messenger Plus! Live screenshots.
That means that you can already see what developers will be able to do with MP!L's scripting feature! The ZIP-file contains the MPLScripting.chm file, where everything gets explained: all functions and properties available in the scripting environment with the possible problems and returned parameters, the way scripts should be packaged for distribution and lots more! :)

Try the download, you won't be dissapointed! ;)

Mattike's opinion:
I've downloaded it, and I'm surprised how easy things are with the scripting functions! The scripts are JavaScript-like and the windows and information files are XML... can it be more simple than that? :D
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by rajvora on 06-14-2006 at 01:56 PM

i was just wondering with this out.. will a few scripts be ready by the time msg plus live releases ?

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by Vilkku on 06-14-2006 at 01:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rajvora
i was just wondering with this out.. will a few scripts be ready by the time msg plus live releases ?

Yep, some amazing scripts have been made by beta testers and I'm sure you will like them aswell.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by Ezra on 06-14-2006 at 02:25 PM

Looks great, can't wait to start scripting :d

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by qgroessl on 06-14-2006 at 02:33 PM

:zippy: looks pretty neat... I was looking through just about everything and now my head feels like it's spinning :p lol... Maybe I'll leave  scripting to other people, it seems way confusing for me.

:p oh, and what are some of the scripts the testers made? like... function wise... I wanna know what to expect out of the whole scripting engine.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by absorbation on 06-14-2006 at 02:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
oh, and what are some of the scripts the testers made? like... function wise... I wanna know what to expect out of the whole scripting engine.

There have been alot. But alot of bugs with scripting, testers really helped alot with getting this feature perfect. ;) the dt, has some very cool stuff lined up.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by Voldemort on 06-14-2006 at 02:42 PM

Lets keep it as a secret :P

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by rajvora on 06-14-2006 at 02:43 PM

could u guve an example of the cool stuff lined up

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by Reload2 on 06-14-2006 at 02:54 PM

Hey, why was this scripting documentation out on Mess.be before here? 8-)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by vaccination on 06-14-2006 at 03:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rajvora
could u guve an example of the cool stuff lined up

Yes please:P

And the scripting seems realy easy to use...although i doubt i will be making any soon! lol

Good work everyone testing it and making it beter(Y):P
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by qgroessl on 06-14-2006 at 04:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
Lets keep it as a secret :P
Secrets don't make friends :refuck:....

eh... Suprises are nice though :zippy:
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by Patchou on 06-14-2006 at 11:41 PM

just so it's clear for everybody, I dont mind if testers talki about their scripts, take screenshots or even start helping people to understand things.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by aNILEator on 06-14-2006 at 11:53 PM

ok me and leo made an auto corrector script tp automatically replace mispelled words liek thsi for instance, it got translated into Portuguese [and French was in the works] but patchou built it into mp!l for you lot (its under quick texts when you get the public beta to play with) so i don't think we will be releasing it publically :( those of you with itunes will be pleased soon i've had great pleasure testing the script myself and hope it goes public bug free!)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by qgroessl on 06-15-2006 at 04:45 AM

:p... I kinda wanna see what scripts look like... anybody know where I can find a script about anything that I'll be able to understand... Just to see if it's as confusing as it sounds :s

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by Patchou on 06-15-2006 at 05:08 AM

aNILeator: the quick text feature is no subsitute for what you're describing I would think. First, it is not optimised for hundreds of words to quickly replace, in different languages. Secondly, your kind of plugin could do automatic instant replaces in the edit window, quick texts cant... so there's a lot of different reason why an automatic corrector would be great as a plugin and I would be the first to use it given the number of typos I make in my messages :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by Chestah on 06-15-2006 at 06:29 AM

For all those people who would prefer to search Google than other search providers i have coded up what i like to call "Google Utilities". It's best explained with a screenshot :):

[Image: Google%20Utilities%202.PNG]
[Image: Google%20Utilities%201.PNG]

:P

Note that these screenshots were taken on an older build of Plus! and the GUI etc could be subject to changes before release.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by -dt- on 06-15-2006 at 07:01 AM

One of my main scripts is a feedreader screenshots below
Screenshots of main window , a toast and the add feed window
[Image: rssreaderscreenshots.jpg]

Update psm window
[Image: rssreaderpsm.jpg]

Update window
[Image: rssreaderupdate.jpg]

Feed viewer
[Image: rssfeedviewer.jpg]

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by Reload2 on 06-15-2006 at 12:42 PM

Wow, there are already great scripts! (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by matty on 06-15-2006 at 01:22 PM

Here is a preview for Screenshot Sender 4. Unfortunately there is going to be one DLL based part because its going to take too much to code for now so we will release the next version purly scripting but for now here is a teaser.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=665909]

As well please note that Areas will not be included in this version.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by sufcste on 06-15-2006 at 02:22 PM

So are other people's scripts going to be put up for people to download (if the author wants to)? If so, where?

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by qgroessl on 06-15-2006 at 02:24 PM

As far as I know the Beta testers are making a couple places where they're going to release some of theirs, and I think Patchou is going to make an official place.

Found where I heard that :p...http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=60559

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
Good luck with that, 3 databases are going to be set up anyway, 2 by testers and 1 other by Patchou himself

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by Felu on 06-15-2006 at 02:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sufcste
So are other people's scripts going to be put up for people to download (if the author wants to)? If so, where?
Obviously on the official site - http://www.msgpluslive.net.

Edit: A bit late :(. But i didnt say what UTI did, something along the line but not the same.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by matty on 06-15-2006 at 05:06 PM

The Unoffical Script Database developed by Dempsey is located here http://mpscripts.net/.

Developers will post their script packs on the forum. Hopfully Screenshot Sender 4 will be available by the release of Messenger Plus! Live.

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by Lou on 06-16-2006 at 01:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Reload2
Hey, why was this scripting documentation out on Mess.be and on here? 8-)
These are the official forums8-)
quote:
Originally posted by UTI
:p... I kinda wanna see what scripts look like... anybody know where I can find a script about anything that I'll be able to understand... Just to see if it's as confusing as it sounds :s
It really isn't that hard to make simple scripts. I haven't made a very advance one, but It's still pretty easy to make the most basic of scripts:)
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by Reload2 on 06-16-2006 at 02:16 AM

Sorry, I mean why it was on Mess.be before it was here?

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by CookieRevised on 06-16-2006 at 08:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Reload2
Sorry, I mean why it was on Mess.be before it was here?
Because mess.be has the unique position to get some news as first from time to time. This has happened in the past on a regular basis and will happen in the futur from time to time.

However, normally, such news is also released on the Plus! forums too (a few hours later or a day later at the most). I dunno why Patchou didn't posted this here also (let's just hope the news on mess.be is official and not the leaked script docu).
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by Sunshine on 06-16-2006 at 10:04 AM

* Sunshine confirms the news on mess.be to be genuine ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by Matti on 06-16-2006 at 02:25 PM

Oh my god those scripts already look amazing! :o

It's wonderful to see that MP!L will parse the XML windows in Live! style. I thought they would just look like stupid Windows-style boxes, but I was totally wrong. I guess I'll better come up with a good idea to take part in the scripting world! :P

* Matti starts thinking of a great script... :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by R4000 on 06-16-2006 at 08:35 PM

Is it just me... or is it impossible to think of a decent idea that uses the new scripts? xD

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by alexp2_ad on 06-16-2006 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by R4000
Is it just me... or is it impossible to think of a decent idea that uses the new scripts? xD

It's definetly just you, I've come up with a script that does lots with iTunes, a World Cup live scores script, I'm thinking about doing a UK TV Guide where you could mark programs and receive a toast before they come on, and another script that's secret...

You can do as much (and more) with the new system as you could with the old one.  And easier.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by R4000 on 06-16-2006 at 10:16 PM

Yea just me... shouldnt have been drinking :P

Made my first script though!

[Image: hopper2gn.png]

Made a simple hopper script.
http://drewmoo.googlepages.com/Hopper.plsc

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by Chestah on 06-16-2006 at 11:02 PM

quote:
Yea just me... shouldnt have been drinking :P

Made my first script though!

[Image: hopper2gn.png]

Made a simple hopper script.
http://drewmoo.googlepages.com/Hopper.plsc

It's good to see the community is learning the programming techniques... despite the fact that no one other than testers should have msgplus live :P.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by R4000 on 06-16-2006 at 11:36 PM

i dont have it ;) i am using this new thing call 'imagination' ;) the script might not even work for all i know :P i did a bit of photoshopping and read the docus :P (if u belive that ull belive anything, and patchou knows i have the beta, he failed to reply to my email telling him about certain methods of using the beta... so u cnt blame me)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by MattyRid on 06-17-2006 at 12:03 AM

R4000, exactly what is your script suppose to do??? :S

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by ShawnZ on 06-17-2006 at 12:17 AM

the same thing that hopper did?

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by MattyRid on 06-17-2006 at 12:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
the same thing that hopper did?

Having only used the old hopper a few times (that as of which I got annoyed with it) just made me ask exactly what it does as the screenshot really does give alot doesn't it??
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by ShawnZ on 06-17-2006 at 01:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheItalianStallion
Having only used the old hopper a few times (that as of which I got annoyed with it) just made me ask exactly what it does as the screenshot really does give alot doesn't it??

The screenshot does indeed give a lot of information if you've used hopper before. If hopper is a tool to show toasts on other people's computer, what exactly do you think that script does? and what "Hops" refers to?
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by MattyRid on 06-17-2006 at 01:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:
Originally posted by TheItalianStallion

The screenshot does indeed give a lot of information if you've used hopper before. If hopper is a tool to show toasts on other people's computer, what exactly do you think that script does? and what "Hops" refers to?

Thank you ShawnZ for that explaination. As i said I ended up getting frustrated with the old hopper which resulted in me revomving it after the 1 or 2 uses. Maybe this time it won't annoy the heck out of me. That is of course when the Messenger Plus! Live Public BETA is released and I begin using some of these scripts.
RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by animus on 06-17-2006 at 03:08 AM

Does anyone know another link to download a copy of the documentation.... the mess.be one is down, thanks =)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by Matti on 06-17-2006 at 06:19 AM

[ Mirror by Mattike ]
Enjoy! ;)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by Eddie on 06-17-2006 at 10:13 AM

Kool thanks for the mirror mattike :) I hope to make a script sometime :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by Mnjul on 06-17-2006 at 11:49 AM

TheItalianStallion, would you like to share your experiences with the "old" Hopper with me in What function(s) of Hopper have you NEVER used?? :)

RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by R4000 on 06-21-2006 at 03:49 PM

btw, i forgot to mention. parts of my hopper code are borrowed from the world cup script.
any part of the code that isnt mine is copyright the respective authors.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live Scripting Documentation v1.0 released by alexp2_ad on 06-21-2006 at 03:55 PM

quote:
btw, i forgot to mention. parts of my hopper code are borrowed from the world cup script.
any part of the code that isnt mine is copyright the respective authors.

Lol, you didn't have to post about it, I'm not bothered, I just thought it was funny when I saw "All rights reserved to me" at the top of your script. :P

There's no copyright, people can take code from any of my scripts as much as they like, that's the point of plus scripts to me, an open arrangement that's easy to get into and easy to learn from others. :)