Shoutbox

Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com (/showthread.php?tid=60569)

Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by jordanspringer on 06-15-2006 at 01:35 AM

As some of you may already know, on June 20th you will beable to get an @live.com or @windowslive.com domain, which would be used just like the current @hotmail.com or @msn.com domains used today. They will be used to access all of the Windows Live ID services, including Windows Live Mail and Windows Live Messenger and more. Now is everyones chance to get the email address they always wanted, and not user_324823@hotmail.com lol. I guess Microsoft is also working on a utility to copy all user preferences from your existing @hotmail.com account to be copied over to a @live.com account. JUNE 20TH, dont forget!:P

RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by MX-G on 06-15-2006 at 01:38 AM

great news :D

RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by Hank on 06-15-2006 at 01:47 AM

few days old aint it? why reporting it now?

RE: RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by jordanspringer on 06-15-2006 at 01:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
few days old aint it? why reporting it now?

becuz to the best of my knowledge noone has reported it on these forums yet. and i believe everyone should know, especially the people in this forum in case they were looking to get the name they always wanted!
RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by Hank on 06-15-2006 at 02:21 AM

in the wrong Group also, nothing to do with windows Messenger

RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by tony on 06-15-2006 at 03:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jordanspringer
I guess Microsoft is also working on a utility to copy all user preferences from your existing @hotmail.com account to be copied over to a @live.com account. JUNE 20TH, dont forget!(Smilie)

i dont think they will do that :P
RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by xJ + on 06-15-2006 at 03:40 AM

Where did u read this news from?
It's a great news.

RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by tony on 06-15-2006 at 03:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mess.be
Want your own @live.com or @windowslive.com account?
Want your own @live.com or @windowslive.com account?
dwergs says:

Seems like Apothix was indeed an early bird when he suddenly got presented with a windowslive.com account. You see, the Windows Live Mail support blog yesterday announced that starting June 20th, people who sign up for a new Windows Live ID will have two new domains to chose from: @live.com and @windowslive.com.

Needless to say, your current account(s) will remain unchanged and will continue to work with all Windows Live services.

http://mess.be xJ
RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by Felu on 06-15-2006 at 03:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tony
I saw this here - http://forum.msgstuff.com/showthread.php?tid=404
RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by xJ + on 06-15-2006 at 03:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
quote:
Originally posted by tony
I saw this here - http://forum.msgstuff.com/showthread.php?tid=404
now I see... Thanks! I dun really visit msgstuff and mess.be

RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by dylan! on 06-15-2006 at 04:16 AM

:O wow... I never knew about this before now... thanks :D

RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by sufcste on 06-15-2006 at 02:29 PM

I'm glad they're not forcing you to change because I think it's a bit of hassle I don't see that it matters what comes after the @ if the features don't change. Anyway I use gmail/googlemail :D

RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by Reload2 on 06-15-2006 at 02:51 PM

It was originaly posted on the Mail-Support Space But now, that entry is deleted...

RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by Nagamasa on 06-22-2006 at 02:02 AM

Well the point proven to be incorrect. Neowin has this too, but its way dosent work, nor does it still say that on the WLM Blog anymore...

Neowin's way of getting a non-Hotmail/MSN doesnt work lol....made a whole new account just for something that doesnt work.

RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by albert on 06-22-2006 at 03:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NagamasaAzai
Well the point proven to be incorrect. Neowin has this too, but its way dosent work, nor does it still say that on the WLM Blog anymore...

Neowin's way of getting a non-Hotmail/MSN doesnt work lol....made a whole new account just for something that doesnt work.

I can't really give the sources, since I can't remember them, so don't quote me on this, but if I remember right I read somewhere that this was going to be delayed.
RE: RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by Nagamasa on 06-22-2006 at 07:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alby
quote:

I can't really give the sources, since I can't remember them, so don't quote me on this, but if I remember right I read somewhere that this was going to be delayed.

I think it was at Neowin too. Its too bad that now my new account has to wait before I can make it @windowslive.com or @live.xx.
RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by gabazurda on 06-22-2006 at 07:32 PM

Cannot register.

RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by RaptorX on 06-23-2006 at 10:08 PM

Can't Wait to get a new e-mail address!

Tired of adding UK & numbers into my old e-mail addresses |-)

RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by Nagamasa on 06-24-2006 at 12:35 AM

So then does anybody know whats going on with this behind the scenes or any other things about this that hasnt been said yet??? Sooo eager for a @live.ca account!

RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by RebelSean on 06-24-2006 at 05:15 AM

quote:
So then does anybody know whats going on with this behind the scenes or any other things about this that hasnt been said yet??? Sooo eager for a @live.ca account!

All we've been told is that because of M6 problems, the release has been pushed back. We don't know when it'll be ready, all we know is "soon".
RE: RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by imsoparanoid on 06-24-2006 at 03:22 PM

quote:
All we've been told is that because of M6 problems, the release has been pushed back. We don't know when it'll be ready, all we know is "soon".

LoL ... "soon" in Microsoft time could mean like 6 months ... :@
RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by Nagamasa on 06-24-2006 at 03:29 PM

Well lets hope 'soon' is not 25 years...

RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by Mentality on 06-24-2006 at 03:49 PM

The msn site is probably gonna be phased out as well soon then - no doubt

Then instead of msn search its gonna be Live Search

gotst a ring to it hasnt it.

I want a Live account, then I can be better than everyone else and have a big penis :D

RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by vaccination on 06-24-2006 at 03:56 PM

Already in the making!:P

http://www.live.com/

its quite cool got the same graphic bit at the top as the WLM window, when its done i wonder how it will compare to google?

EDIT: ooo 200 posts :D

RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by Mentality on 06-24-2006 at 04:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

its quite cool got the same graphic bit at the top as the WLM window, when its done i wonder how it will compare to google?

See I'm clever me :D

[update] Please.........It will never compare to google.
RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by Poska on 06-24-2006 at 04:26 PM

Since 8 days I have got my @live.com accounts but I don't understand why  Microsoft not gives any informations :S.

RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by vaccination on 06-24-2006 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

See I'm clever me :D

[update] Please.........It will never compare to google.

lol yeah, i ment how badly :P

RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by albert on 06-24-2006 at 05:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Poska
Since 8 days I have got my @live.com accounts but I don't understand why  Microsoft not gives any informations :S.

May I ask for a link on where you went to sign up? I couldn't find any.
RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by Reload2 on 06-24-2006 at 05:10 PM

He used the Neowin trick

RE: RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by Nagamasa on 06-24-2006 at 08:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reload2
He used the Neowin trick

which doesnt work anymore....

EDIT: This post is my 50th post, which marks my entrance to the full member world!
RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by shajiby on 06-28-2006 at 10:24 AM

any chance of next month?:P

RE: Coming soon: @live.com and @windowslive.com by Nagamasa on 06-28-2006 at 11:29 AM

It can be released from anytime from the next second to googolplex milleniums later. 'Soon' was the word used by Microsoft when they prosponed it.