Shoutbox

Messenger Plus Live - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus Live (/showthread.php?tid=60576)

Messenger Plus Live by theguy on 06-15-2006 at 09:30 AM

Hey guys,

MP!L sounds like it's coming along great. I got a quick question first.

Has anyone been testing it in Vista? I know it's getting tested in XP, and probably 2003. There would be no difference between the 2 anyway. But WLM also works on Vista.

I'm just curious, as to if any of the testers have gotten it installed on Vista Beta 2.

If this was posted elsewhere, please let me know and close the thread.

theguy

RE: Messenger Plus Live by Vilkku on 06-15-2006 at 10:09 AM

It should run fine on Vista, I know some testers have been using it on Vista (not me) and I don't know of any problems.

RE: Messenger Plus Live by absorbation on 06-15-2006 at 02:52 PM

If I remember correctly Patchou will design it to work on Vista, but he is awating on getting Vista himself on a new laptop, although I do not currently know if he was received it yet :P. I think two or three testers have reported use on Vista, but no serious issues have come up yet, hopefully in depth testing will reveal some small bugs that need fixing, but nothing seems wrong at a first glance :).

RE: Messenger Plus Live by jordanspringer on 06-15-2006 at 08:27 PM

works fine in vista for me(Y) (beta 2). However i'm noticing a WLM  bug in vista only. When a contact messages you, in the pop up toast, it only shows the message and not "Contact says"

RE: RE: Messenger Plus Live by alexp2_ad on 06-15-2006 at 08:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jordanspringer
works fine in vista for me(Y) (beta 2). However i'm noticing a WLM  bug in vista only. When a contact messages you, in the pop up toast, it only shows the message and not "Contact says"

Good few WLM bugs in vista... windows don't flash for about 2 minutes for me, no gleams in sharing folders...
RE: Messenger Plus Live by theguy on 06-21-2006 at 12:36 AM

thanks guys.

theguy

RE: RE: Messenger Plus Live by habs6091 on 06-21-2006 at 06:53 PM

quote:

Its a new WLM feature, heres an example:

habs6091 says: hi
                          you there?

jordanspringer says: ya
                                  hi
                                  whatsup

habs6091 says: nuthin much

if u want it to say their name after each message go to:

Tools -> Options -> Messages -> Show "contact says:" before every message
RE: Messenger Plus Live by jordanspringer on 06-21-2006 at 06:56 PM

thats not what i mean. in the toast popup it only shows their message and not the contacts name.

RE: Messenger Plus Live by vaccination on 06-21-2006 at 07:18 PM

quote:
thats not what i mean. in the toast popup it only shows their message and not the contacts name.

hmm interesting, wonder why thats different in vista?

@habs6091 jordan means a popup toast i.e. when someone sends you a message a little popup comes up in the bottom right corner of the screen saying "*contacts name* says; *message*" i'm sure you should know what he meens now! If not, he is saying that in vista the popup only says " *message* ". Hoope this helps you!
RE: Messenger Plus Live by habs6091 on 06-22-2006 at 06:23 PM

ok, sorry, i know what your talking about now, i didnt read your message clearly enough, i feel dumb now:$

im on my XP right now so when im on the Vista i will reply and tell u if mine works

habs6091

RE: Messenger Plus Live by Patchou on 06-23-2006 at 01:15 PM

jordan: I'm experiencing the same problem as you do in Vista so I guess it's really just a bug in Messenger :)

RE: Messenger Plus Live by RaceProUK on 06-23-2006 at 02:43 PM

I'm sure that when Vista gets released there'll be a bugfixed version of WLM to go with it :D

RE: Messenger Plus Live by colddove on 06-24-2006 at 01:57 PM

The toast message not having the name of the contact isn't a bug. They've done that on purpose. When it pops up the message, it pops up the message and their display pic. They figure that's all we need. When I see them, I know who they're from just from their pic.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus Live by alexp2_ad on 06-24-2006 at 02:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by colddove
The toast message not having the name of the contact isn't a bug. They've done that on purpose. When it pops up the message, it pops up the message and their display pic. They figure that's all we need. When I see them, I know who they're from just from their pic.

Surely if they'd done it on purpose it'd be in the XP version too... :S
RE: Messenger Plus Live by vaccination on 06-24-2006 at 03:02 PM

Thats what i was thinking :S

RE: Messenger Plus Live by Schockwave on 06-24-2006 at 03:09 PM

Not everyone has a picture by their name, and people change them too, I would find that annoying if I could not see the person's name as well. I am on Windows XP, but when I change to Vista, then that would be annoying not to see the person's name.;)

RE: Messenger Plus Live by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE- on 06-24-2006 at 05:12 PM

WLMessenger Works fine on vista for me :) Btw, Msgpluslive will work with vista right?

RE: Messenger Plus Live by Zahid™ on 06-24-2006 at 05:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE-
WLMessenger Works fine on vista for me :) Btw, Msgpluslive will work with vista right?
Yes -> http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=60...d=667815#pid667815
RE: Messenger Plus Live by colddove on 06-24-2006 at 05:21 PM

Vista is capable of running features that can't be run in XP, I'm not saying that's what's going on but that it's a possibility. I still don't see it as a bug. That's just me though.

Why would it be so bad? I know everyone on my list by their display pic.

RE: Messenger Plus Live by benjy on 06-24-2006 at 11:09 PM

Hi, everyone i am about to download the windows plus can't wait i've never had it before! I am in for somthing good? It better for this time of night argh!!

RE: Messenger Plus Live by RaceProUK on 06-25-2006 at 02:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by colddove
Vista is capable of running features that can't be run in XP, I'm not saying that's what's going on but that it's a possibility. I still don't see it as a bug. That's just me though.

Why would it be so bad? I know everyone on my list by their display pic.
It is a bug, as some people don't have display pictures, and they are subject to change. I know display names are as well, but nicknames aren't.