Shoutbox

Release: +Speech - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Release: +Speech (/showthread.php?tid=60592)

Release: +Speech by Yousef on 06-15-2006 at 11:52 PM

+Speech
A script which enables you to control Messenge using your voice. You can also receive various spoken event notifications.

• Speech recognition (italic = example of what you can say
    • Change status (change status to: busy)
    • Change nickname (change nickname to: hello there)
    • Change PSM (change personal (status) message to: watching soccer world cup)
    • Show contact list (show messenger/contacts/etc..)
    • Open convo window (open a conversation window with John) - name recognized by nickname & email address from buddy list
    • Type text (first open convo ^^, then say 'type: how are you doing')
    • Send text (first open convo ^^, then say 'send message')
    • Clear edittext (first open convo ^^, then say 'clear/remove/empty text')
  • Text2Speech
    • Spoken incoming messages
    • Spoken events (see screenshot for event overview)

There are various ways to speak commands, you don't need to say everything exactly as stated above.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=666181]

I actually think it works pretty cool myself. When I've got some time I might make a little video to show how it works :)

For the speech runtime stuff; big chance have it installed already.. but check (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306537)
RE: Release: +Speech by Yousef on 06-15-2006 at 11:53 PM

Download:

RE: Release: +Speech by prashker on 06-15-2006 at 11:56 PM

Awsome Finally Got It To Work and have not had problems yet (y)

RE: Release: +Speech by Supersonicdarky on 06-16-2006 at 12:03 AM

yay! works unlike the other one posted [Image: msn_grin.gif]

one thing, if u have reading incoming messages on, and someone sends u a message, even if u close a window with them it still continues reading it... and maybe also make it stop reading when you switch tabs :)

RE: Release: +Speech by Lou on 06-16-2006 at 12:52 AM

Bug! Saying "Change nickname to dot lou testing" changes the nickname to "die" :dodgy:
and "change nickname to period L o u" changes it to "a gun found you" :dodgy:

NEEDED!!!

Add options to activate or not:
-Typing
-Messages while appear offline
-messages while away
-Messages while In a call
-Messages when etc...

RE: Release: +Speech by Neo Hacker on 06-16-2006 at 01:03 AM

Woa I'm impressed ! Nice work dude !

I wonder if it's possible to get French recognition (and speech) with the MS voice thing^o)

RE: Release: +Speech by Lou on 06-16-2006 at 01:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Neo Hacker

I wonder if it's possible to get French recognition (and speech) with the MS voice thing
I think so:S
RE: Release: +Speech by Supersonicdarky on 06-16-2006 at 02:00 AM

also i have some suggestions
-i dunno what lou meant by typing, type by talking or reading as typing but u shud add both
-not read when something is playing
-search for contacts in main window and be able to start convos with voice

RE: Release: +Speech by Val on 06-16-2006 at 02:49 AM

Wow I really like this, it has some bugs but voice to text technology is not 100% accurate anyways. Hopefully you can add new features like "next conversation" where it opens the next tab.

RE: Release: +Speech by Yousef on 06-16-2006 at 09:29 AM

Thanks for your tips! About the multi-lingual stuff, I'll first polish the English version, and then I might look into Dutch/German/French/Spanish. However, I didn't look for any speech recognition modules in these languages yet. Text2Speech shouldn't be a problem.

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
one thing, if u have reading incoming messages on, and someone sends u a message, even if u close a window with them it still continues reading it... and maybe also make it stop reading when you switch tabs (Smilie)
I reckon a 'shut up' command might be useful.
quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
Bug! Saying "Change nickname to dot lou testing" changes the nickname to "die" (Smilie)
and "change nickname to period L o u" changes it to "a gun found you"
This is not a bug. The commands 'type', 'change nickname/PSM', can accept any (english) word you like. Therefor it will not be that accurate. You can train the speech recognition via 'speech' in the windows control panel.
quote:
Add options to activate or not:
(...)
Ok, Ill do that.
quote:
type by talking or reading as typing but u shud add both
You can type by talking already, for example say 'type: how are you doing?'
quote:
search for contacts in main window and be able to start convos with voice
Good idea, I'll definitely see what I can do. Remember you're already able to open convo's with your friends.

RE: Release: +Speech by Lou on 06-16-2006 at 10:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Juzzi
Ok, Ill do that.
It would also be good if we can activate the "type" command, that way it won't just type/erase/clear the window when it misenterprets my typing for words..For Now I manually disabled it (commented out that code) though.
RE: Release: +Speech by Yousef on 06-17-2006 at 02:44 PM

Ok, I'll make it possible to enable/disable more options!

RE: Release: +Speech by Lou on 06-17-2006 at 03:19 PM

As well, I have noticed that disabling the option where it says who signs in, and pressing close..and then closing messenger, coming back in and stuff, makes it come back as enabled.

RE: Release: +Speech by Sypher on 06-18-2006 at 02:28 PM

It doesnt really work very well with multiple (polygamy) WLM sessions..

The best thing is the status / open & closing of windows.. It works 9 out of 10 times... Chatting is very hard using this.. Sometimes he even types stuff without me saying "type" :P

Ah well.. The idea is very cool... Maybe you can add functions like "lock my messenger"

RE: Release: +Speech by Lou on 06-18-2006 at 04:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
The best thing is the status / open & closing of windows.. It works 9 out of 10 times... Chatting is very hard using this.. Sometimes he even types stuff without me saying "type" (Smilie)
That's why I manually removed the entire type and clear thing from the code, because when I typed it took in my typing as words and it wrote/erased randomly
RE: Release: +Speech by Patchou on 06-21-2006 at 07:22 AM

very cool and funny, we had a good laugh with wtbw testing it.

it works surprisingly well in some occasions and not so well in others. Could you add an option to disable speech reconigition completely and add another one that requires a key to be pressed before sending a command?

Thanks for the script! :)

RE: Release: +Speech by Yousef on 06-21-2006 at 08:34 AM

You're welcome, good to hear you enjoyed it.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
it works surprisingly well in some occasions and not so well in others. Could you add an option to disable speech reconigition completely and add another one that requires a key to be pressed before sending a command?
I'll add these features asap :).
The dictational commands (change nick/psm to..., type....) obviously don't work as well as the others. Remember you can train Speech Recognition via your control panel (if you've got some spare time, that is).
RE: Release: +Speech by Lou on 06-21-2006 at 03:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Juzzi
The dictational commands (change nick/psm to..., type....) obviously don't work as well as the others. Remember you can train Speech Recognition via your control panel (if you've got some spare time, that is).

We should have the option to enable or disable those though, and we don't. I had to comment the entire code out manually.
RE: Release: +Speech by Yousef on 06-21-2006 at 04:33 PM

@Lou: as said a few times before: options will be built in to enable/disable everyting... Just be a little patient ;)

UPDATE:
- added enable/disable speech recognition checkbox
- added enable/disable 'Type' speech command checkbox

RE: Release: +Speech by Jimcando on 06-25-2006 at 12:28 AM

quote:
Bug! Saying "Change nickname to dot lou testing" changes the nickname to "die" (Smilie)
:lol: best thing I've ever heard

This sounds like an awesome script. (Y)
I don't have a mic just now, but as soon as I get one, I'm trying this out :P
RE: Release: +Speech by Chop on 06-25-2006 at 01:33 AM

it seems that it was installed, but says that i dont have msn speech installed, or something like that :-/

RE: Release: +Speech by rhys100 on 06-25-2006 at 06:03 AM

This Is FANTASTIC!!!!!
The only problem i have is that the Microsoft's voice engine can't pronounce for shit. Does microsfot have an update which is much better? I have winxp service pack 2. If is there other voice engines out there that are much better? I'll have a look on google to see what i can find as well. If there is and it's much better would the developer mind adding the option to chnage to this new voice engine?

Thanks so much for this script!!

Rhys

Hey i'm back. Here i found a list of voice engines..

http://www.bytecool.com/voices.htm

This site seems to have the best one. It pronouning is excellant. this site below has demo software that works forever, but every now and then it reminds you to buy it through it's voice.
https://www.cepstral.com/

Someone have a look into this and see what you think.

Rhys
RE: Release: +Speech by giac jr on 06-25-2006 at 07:21 AM

Rhys, how do you install those voices?

RE: Release: +Speech by rhys100 on 06-25-2006 at 07:24 AM

thats a good question. Haven't had the time to check them out yet. hoping someone with plenty of time to waste would do that for me :D

RE: Release: +Speech by giac jr on 06-25-2006 at 07:26 AM

lol. can you try and find out for us? thx

RE: Release: +Speech by R.J on 06-25-2006 at 07:26 AM

il do it

RE: Release: +Speech by giac jr on 06-25-2006 at 07:27 AM

ok. PM me your msn so i can ask you on msn :P

RE: Release: +Speech by markee on 06-25-2006 at 08:09 AM

suggesions:

-talk when chat window is opened so it doesnt annoy me when I'm doing something else
-add an update feature like iTunes+
-user by first and last names would be nice too
-be able to change between the male and female voices depending on the gender of my contact

just my 2 cents, but everything else seems geat

RE: Release: +Speech by Jiggs on 06-25-2006 at 01:25 PM

hi, im so happy to see this script. i used the speech plugin for Plus! before. I cant get the speech recognition to work, i have office 2007 Beta. and cant find how to enable speech recognition.
But i dont really mind, what i really want, is for Microsoft Sam to read what my contacts say, AND what i say. Just like the old Plugin for Plus!.

for it, i used "/xspeakit this is said out loud" for Sam to read that, and my contact did the same. I prefer it now without having to use /xspeakit, but maybe a quick on/off button in contact windows as well as the ability to read not only what i receive, but also what i say myself.

RE: Release: +Speech by LsmanPlus on 06-25-2006 at 07:47 PM

I have downloaded it and have tried it but it is far to complicated for me and besides i don't use voice recognition.

If you do create a video manual or a written one please let me know.

Thanks,     LSMAN

RE: Release: +Speech by Jiggs on 06-26-2006 at 12:06 PM

hmm. i got speech recognition to work, but its hearing me all the time.and sending jibberish to people :). could you add the option to turn recognition on and off?

RE: Release: +Speech by rhys100 on 06-26-2006 at 03:47 PM

any reason why the settings i choose reset every time msn closes? I haev to chnage them every time o log on!!!

rhys

RE: Release: +Speech by Jiggs on 06-26-2006 at 04:23 PM

same thing for me. the setting reset. i have to put my own ones in each time i log on.

also, id love to see lots more options. like, chosing which commands are on and off. id like to be able to change my status with voice, but prevent it from typing jibberish to my contacts. and be able to hear what i send aswell as what they send. its a great script tho, i hope it keeps getting better :)

thanks

RE: Release: +Speech by Kendjin on 06-26-2006 at 09:33 PM

OK that might sound like a stupid question.. But how do I bring up the configuration screen?

I have read through the script, checked everywhere, but no mention of a trigger to bring it up.

RE: Release: +Speech by Jiggs on 06-27-2006 at 11:32 AM

hope its fixed to save setting soon, and many more options would be cool.

any updates to this soon? can anyone take a look at it and make it save options across sessions?

RE: Release: +Speech by Yousef on 06-28-2006 at 11:20 AM

Yes I'll keep on updating the script.

People who's settings don't get saved: could you tell me what anti-virus system you're using? Maybe it blocks some of the scripting commands.

Edit: could you check whether the settings will be saved with your security systems turned off?

RE: Release: +Speech by Jiggs on 06-28-2006 at 01:03 PM

i think it only loses the setting after a restart of the pc.
i dont think i can disable my norton AV for restarts.
It seems to be saving the setting when i restart WLM, and when i log out and in.

i restarted with AV off. settings did not save. could it be that the firewall stops scripts? that was still running for restart.

RE: Release: +Speech by Three6Mafia on 06-28-2006 at 03:16 PM

First off i would like to thank you for such a great script

i personally run norton internet security 2006, the problem here lies within the script, i disabled the FIREWALL (not AV) and found that after a sign-out and restart of WLM that the options would then stay "same"... i then continued to disable the start up of norton, in both given options and in "Start>>Run>>msconfig" sorry to say that the problem of options still not saving still arose..just intergrate a save function within the close button, and be done with it....

PS. i cant get the type command to work. (and here i am using my keyboard like a Sucker) :(
Do i have to sound like an arrogant american to get it to work?? :P

RE: Release: +Speech by Jiggs on 07-02-2006 at 08:09 PM

any updates soon? more options and a fix for settings not being saved would be great :)

RE: Release: +Speech by OnlineAlways on 07-31-2006 at 11:45 PM

Great script! I have one question, and im sorry if this sounds stupid. How do I get the voice recognition to work? Do I just speak? Because if so, it's not really working. If it helps, my mic is built into my webcam.
Thanks for help.
Josh

RE: Release: +Speech by nothingbetter2do on 08-02-2006 at 10:52 AM

can the creator of this script add a save settings option because while this is a great script it is annoying  that i have to reset it everytime i log onto WLM...

Cheers

RE: Release: +Speech by Zeh on 09-11-2006 at 01:19 AM

You have to download the speech recognition software from microsoft. Follow this link to learn how to install and train the speech recognition software. Microsoft Speech recognition tuturial

RE: RE: Release: +Speech by damianz on 01-23-2007 at 05:08 AM

quote:
i wanna know how to change the leanguage of the speech in this scritp cuz i got the spanish speech that i use in smartbutler but the script seems better so, i ask if some one (the maker) can put the spanish speech into it... i got one made for L&H