Shoutbox

How To Have Video Files To Show Up Playing On Msn Messenger Just As Audio Does. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: How To Have Video Files To Show Up Playing On Msn Messenger Just As Audio Does. (/showthread.php?tid=60595)

How To Have Video Files To Show Up Playing On Msn Messenger Just As Audio Does. by lethalman on 06-16-2006 at 02:23 AM

AS WELL OF AUDIO.HOW TO HAVE VIDEO FILES TO SHOW UP PLAYING ON MSN MESSENGER JUST AS AUDIO DOES.MY BUDDY WHEN HE PLAY films he gets video files showing up under his msn messenger nick name just like audio does. how do i please get video to show up , just like audio does on msn messenger ,under are nicknames. thanks all.

sorry for caps , ppl.

RE: How To Have Video Files To Show Up Playing On Msn Messenger Just As Audio Does. by Vilkku on 06-16-2006 at 06:22 AM

Under the nicknames? You mean in the conversation window? In that case it's a animated emoticon, just add a .gif file as a emoticon and send it.

RE: How To Have Video Files To Show Up Playing On Msn Messenger Just As Audio Does. by xJ + on 06-16-2006 at 06:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Under the nicknames? You mean in the conversation window? In that case it's a animated emoticon, just add a .gif file as a emoticon and send it.
i think what he meant is that the video file name showing on his personal message just like audio.

RE: RE: How To Have Video Files To Show Up Playing On Msn Messenger Just As Audio Doe by Vilkku on 06-16-2006 at 07:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xJ +
quote:
i think what he meant is that the video file name showing on his personal message just like audio.

Oh, well doesn't it also show if you are playing a video in WMP?
RE: How To Have Video Files To Show Up Playing On Msn Messenger Just As Audio Does. by RaPLeX on 06-16-2006 at 07:56 AM

Try with winamp :)

RE: RE: RE: How To Have Video Files To Show Up Playing On Msn Messenger Just As Audio by sufcste on 06-16-2006 at 01:56 PM

quote:
Oh, well doesn't it also show if you are playing a video in WMP?
No it only shows audio files for some reason. To get a message with Winamp, you need either a plugin for it, or something like Apatch, which has the plugin in it. I don't know if that shows videos aswell though.
RE: How To Have Video Files To Show Up Playing On Msn Messenger Just As Audio Does. by lethalman on 06-16-2006 at 10:02 PM

thank you all for you awesome help.

RE: How To Have Video Files To Show Up Playing On Msn Messenger Just As Audio Does. by Chancer on 06-17-2006 at 01:06 AM

there is a plugin for WMP, but I dont remeber the name =/

RE: How To Have Video Files To Show Up Playing On Msn Messenger Just As Audio Does. by mltz2plz on 06-17-2006 at 05:21 AM

iTunes shows it..

RE: How To Have Video Files To Show Up Playing On Msn Messenger Just As Audio Does. by Matti on 06-17-2006 at 06:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
there is a plugin for WMP, but I dont remeber the name =/
Yes, I remember such plugin too... I'll see if it's stored in my Downloads 'database'. :P

Ok, I've found it! :D
[ Download MSN Messenger Video Plugin for WMP ]
It works exactly the same way as the Music plugin:
  1. Extract the ZIP-package and execute the installer.
  2. Follow the instructions and then finish the setup.
  3. Open Windows Media Player and go in the main menu to
    quote:
    Tools > Plugins > MSN Messenger Video Plugin
    and make sure it is checked.
  4. If you didn't so already, enable the "What I'm listening" feature in MSN Messenger itself.
  5. Play a video and the title will be displayed as your PM, just like it would act with music files! :D
    [/list]

RE: How To Have Video Files To Show Up Playing On Msn Messenger Just As Audio Does. by Lizard on 06-23-2006 at 07:37 PM

If you use Media Player Classic by Gabest there's an option in View -> Options -> Tweaks for it.

RE: How To Have Video Files To Show Up Playing On Msn Messenger Just As Audio Does. by Satsumomo on 06-23-2006 at 11:29 PM

Toaster for Winamp is the plugin I guess.

I can see it all now, "Hey Bob! You're watching Pr0n!".

RE: How To Have Video Files To Show Up Playing On Msn Messenger Just As Audio Does. by Chris4 on 06-23-2006 at 11:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Satsumomo

Remember to turn it off :P:P
RE: How To Have Video Files To Show Up Playing On Msn Messenger Just As Audio Does. by Idium on 06-24-2006 at 11:39 AM

LoL true my m8 got busted by his dad because of that plugin, they were IM'ing and he fogot 2 turn the toster plugin off.

RE: How To Have Video Files To Show Up Playing On Msn Messenger Just As Audio Does. by qgroessl on 07-18-2006 at 08:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:
Originally posted by Satsumomo

Remember to turn it off :P:P

That's not even funny :p happened to me on here.