Shoutbox

"Live" Scripting Interface: Creating an instance of an ActiveX object - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: "Live" Scripting Interface: Creating an instance of an ActiveX object (/showthread.php?tid=60642)

"Live" Scripting Interface: Creating an instance of an ActiveX object by rh on 06-17-2006 at 05:22 PM

hi!

I have an old plugin I want to port to the new scripting interface as soon as Plus Live is out. In this old plugin, I use a Windows Media Player object to playback sound, midi, streams, videos, etc.pp.

Now I wonder: Will there be a way to get an instance of windows media player as an object into the scripting interface? of course, I could pack the activeX object into a DLL and call that DLL using Interop:Call, but that would be quite ugly...

Anyone have an advice for me? Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Rupert

RE: "Live" Scripting Interface: Creating an instance of an ActiveX object by deAd on 06-17-2006 at 05:28 PM

Use the MsgPlus.PlaySound() function...

RE: "Live" Scripting Interface: Creating an instance of an ActiveX object by ShawnZ on 06-17-2006 at 05:32 PM

jscript has an ActiveXObject class you know :p

RE: "Live" Scripting Interface: Creating an instance of an ActiveX object by rh on 06-17-2006 at 05:33 PM

errm, this only plays local sounds. but I want all the flexibility of Windows Media, like playing internet streams, sound files from LAN shares, etc. and all the formats like WMA, MIDI etc.

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
jscript has an ActiveXObject class you know :p

ah... err... nice :D
I have never realized this. probably because until now i have used jscript only in HTML files and there i got my activeX objects through <object>.

Well, thanks a lot, this should (if everything works well) make the port quite straightforward.

regards,
rh