Shoutbox

Flags.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Flags.. (/showthread.php?tid=60661)

Flags.. by tigz on 06-18-2006 at 10:50 AM

Ive Seen people with flags in thier screen names
does anyone know how i could get flags?[font=Arial][color=red]

RE: Flags.. by MattyRid on 06-18-2006 at 10:52 AM

Are you using Windows Live Messenger? If you are then your friends have obtained a leaked copy of Messenger Plus! Live and are using it (which they really should remove and wait for the Public BETA).

RE: Flags.. by tigz on 06-18-2006 at 10:54 AM

no im just using normal msn messenger, they sed it was from a code i fink

RE: Flags.. by MattyRid on 06-18-2006 at 10:58 AM

well they are the codes that will be used in Messenger Plus! Live. So as I said they have obtained the leaked copy (which they really shouldn't have) and are using the new format codes. However, could you possibly post a screen shot to actually confirm this?

RE: Flags.. by Sunshine on 06-18-2006 at 10:59 AM

tigz: Ehm what do you mean by flags? These: ~ ? That one is just another key on your keyboard. If not that can you please post a screenshot as i really have no idea what you are on about.

RE: Flags.. by Eljay on 06-18-2006 at 11:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
tigz: Ehm what do you mean by flags? These: ~ ? That one is just another key on your keyboard. If not that can you please post a screenshot as i really have no idea what you are on about.

country flags i guess 8-)
RE: Flags.. by Matti on 06-18-2006 at 11:06 AM

You can make 'flags' by using the background color codes of Messenger Plus!. When you set both fore- and background colors to the same color and then type a character, (like _) it'll produce a colored box. This way, you can create flags.

Example:

quote:
The guy from Belgium! ·$1,1_·$8,8_·$4,4_·0
will produce:
quote:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=667288]

RE: Flags.. by tigz on 06-18-2006 at 11:06 AM

yer country flags and i cant post screen shot becoz they are not online and these flags only show up wen they post a message

RE: Flags.. by MattyRid on 06-18-2006 at 11:10 AM

Oh I think I know what he is saying.. have a look here and see if it solves it.  Similar to what Mattike said just in a tutorial form. Of course that will only work if you have Messenger Plus! 3.63.148

RE: Flags.. by andrewdodd13 on 06-18-2006 at 11:17 AM

Hehe, Scotland Flag: .$0,12>< :)

RE: RE: Flags.. by CookieRevised on 06-18-2006 at 11:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheItalianStallion
well they are the codes that will be used in Messenger Plus! Live. So as I said they have obtained the leaked copy (which they really shouldn't have) and are using the new format codes. However, could you possibly post a screen shot to actually confirm this?

Has got nothing todo with Windows Live Messenger, Messenger Plus! Live or any other version specific thing.

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
Example:
quote:
The guy from Belgium! ·$1,1_·$8,8_·$4,4_·0

Please don't suggest to use those literal special characters. Although they work (if you do type the correct ascii codes) it is not the recommended way of entering a color.

To make colors in text (and nicknames) you press <CTRL+K>.

I say this because many people have been thought to use these special ascii characters and don't know how to do it the proper way.

This results in people just copying what they see on a forum, and thus quite often copy the wrong characters (like in andrewdodd13's post which doesn't use the proper characters) and complaining it doesn't work or whatever. Also those code could change.

All in all, advise people to use the proper methods. eg CTRL+K, CTRL+U, CTRL+R, etc..., or the format toolbar menu...

PS: though, I know it could have been for the sake of giving an example (afterall, the squares you see in a text in a conversation when you press the shortcuts aren't easy to produce on a forum), but giving the proper explaination on how to get those characters should be included then. And if possible a link to the official tutorial about colors.

quote:
Originally posted by TheItalianStallion
Of course that will only work if you have Messenger Plus! 3.63.148
That works in any version of Messenger Plus! and with any version of Messenger.

Also, if you can do not provide a direct download link to the Plus! setup. Rather link to the official main page or to the download page instead (goes for every program you link to though).