Shoutbox

HTML: Music behind a page - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: HTML: Music behind a page (/showthread.php?tid=60672)

HTML: Music behind a page by Eddie on 06-18-2006 at 02:15 PM

Hello i know ive asked before but cant remember and i need it urgently, how do i put music behind a page with HTML, as soon as i get my answer that works i will delete the thread, thanks (Y)

RE: HTML: Music behind a page by Felu on 06-18-2006 at 02:19 PM

code:
<EMBED  SRC="sourceofmusic"
AUTOSTART="false-true" LOOP="1-unlimited" HIDDEN="false-true" VOLUME="0-100">

I hope thats waht you need ;).

nah. no need to delete this thread
RE: HTML: Music behind a page by Eddie on 06-18-2006 at 02:27 PM

ok thanks, ok i wont ;)

RE: HTML: Music behind a page by Plik on 06-18-2006 at 02:35 PM

Remeber to make it easy for your visitors to stop the music if they want. Because unstopable background music is the most annoying thing in the whole of the internet :dodgy:

RE: HTML: Music behind a page by absorbation on 06-18-2006 at 02:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Plik
Remeber to make it easy for your visitors to stop the music if they want. Because unstopable background music is the most annoying thing in the whole of the internet

So true. Browsers just should not render it, and if your listening to music, gah, the noise.
RE: HTML: Music behind a page by ayjay on 06-18-2006 at 03:23 PM

Personally, I wouldn't have it automatically starting when you load the page. I tend to go straight away from sites that do that :P

RE: HTML: Music behind a page by xJ + on 06-18-2006 at 04:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Plik
Remeber to make it easy for your visitors to stop the music if they want. Because unstopable background music is the most annoying thing in the whole of the internet :dodgy:
some music format (forgotten which) can be stopped by simply clicking on the stop button on the explorer even when it's loaded. Some formats however, no matter how u click it, it won't stop. :S

RE: HTML: Music behind a page by Felu on 06-18-2006 at 04:58 PM

When you put the Embed tag it give someting like [Image: attachment.php?pid=667532]. So 1 can stop the music :).

RE: HTML: Music behind a page by Plik on 06-18-2006 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
When you put the Embed tag it give someting like [Image: attachment.php?pid=667532]. So 1 can stop the music :).
Only if the hidden attribute is set to false.
Many people chose to hide it, and those people should be banned from the internet :P
RE: HTML: Music behind a page by Reaper on 06-18-2006 at 07:23 PM

http://www.wimpyplayer.com/