Shoutbox

Msg Plus! Live - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Msg Plus! Live (/showthread.php?tid=60712)

Msg Plus! Live by Ingiliz_cezahsi on 06-19-2006 at 04:33 PM

Ok, i know there are thousands of threads about the issue of WLM and msg plus, and i know there is a version of plus in the works.
Well my question is this, as various news sites have reported, (mess.be, liveside & Neowin) the new version of WLM is very near. (perhaps within the next 24 hours) Will plus! be an iminent release, or will we still have to wait. Coz i know the add-on is pretty much stable and ready now (thanks testers btw).
So yea, will plus be released straight after WLM being released, or will there be a slight delay?
Thnxs

RE: Msg Live Plus by alexp2_ad on 06-19-2006 at 04:33 PM

Patchou is going to announce a release date today.

RE: Msg Plus! Live by Voldemort on 06-19-2006 at 04:36 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=60...d=667814#pid667814

you shouldnt use the leaked version btw :P

too slow searching for the link....

RE: Msg Plus! Live by Ingiliz_cezahsi on 06-19-2006 at 04:41 PM

Who said anything about using the leaked version. Ive just heard that its pretty stable and bug free now.

RE: Msg Plus! Live by Phillip on 06-19-2006 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I should make an announcement about this tomorrow :)

He could annouce that it might take another month..? Who knows
RE: RE: Msg Plus! Live by alexp2_ad on 06-19-2006 at 05:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I should make an announcement about this tomorrow :)

He could annouce that it might take another month..? Who knows

Well yes, it could... but he was asking when it's coming out, and I told him all we know.
RE: Msg Plus! Live by Phillip on 06-19-2006 at 06:06 PM

[Rant]

Hmm Patchou might not even release the beta now. He might say another few days or weeks. I dont see why he would I mean the Final of Windows Live Messenger is meant to be out later today and well he said he was only releasing the beta because there was no news about WLM and the release date.

Wasnt MP!L meant to be released a little while after WLM, what if they have changed something in this version and Patchou needs to change a few things. So I think Patchou should release it then, when its out of its beta. Patchou might be able to give it that finishing touch to make it perfect for all of us (: I wouldnt mind waiting and im sure the rest of you can live without it for now. But who knows maybe it is finished or he is going to release the beta today. Im just saying don't expect it to be able to download it today.

Just my thoughts on the subject so no "I know that jeez" (:

[/Rant]

Thanx MenthiX and absorbation. Now I think this thread should be locked b4 more :spam:

RE: Msg Plus! Live by absorbation on 06-19-2006 at 06:08 PM

I think Patchou knows more than he can say. Hint hint, he recently went to Raymond :P.

RE: Msg Plus! Live by Menthix on 06-19-2006 at 06:21 PM

I can assure you Patchou won't be releasing Plus! today or tomorrow. All he will do is announce the final releasedate. MP!L is simply not yet fully ready to be released within 48 hours.

RE: Msg Plus! Live by MattyRid on 06-19-2006 at 09:40 PM

Lets just get one thing clear. Patchou I'm sure already has enough on his plate as it is with new Messenger builds and stuff. Now that the Final has been released, let Patchou finish Messenger Plus! Live and let him make the announcements rather than making blind assumptions on things that most of us probably don't even know. Because most of us are just making blind assumptions without having any facts about Messenger Plus! Live.

RE: Msg Plus! Live by MX-G on 06-19-2006 at 09:42 PM

the new version is now avalible blackbox ;)

RE: Msg Plus! Live by CookieRevised on 06-19-2006 at 11:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MX-G
the new version is now avalible blackbox ;)
Dunno to whom you replied that, but maybe make it more clear:
- Messenger Plus! Live is NOT available yet (which is what this thread is about)
- Windows Live Messenger IS officially released.
RE: Msg Plus! Live by Stef on 06-19-2006 at 11:19 PM

i don't see a reason, why patchou release yet a beta of plus and 1week later the final.

better is the final in 1 week without a public beta yet.

RE: RE: Msg Plus! Live by riahc4 on 06-20-2006 at 12:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
I can assure you Patchou won't be releasing Plus! today or tomorrow. All he will do is announce the final releasedate. MP!L is simply not yet fully ready to be released within 48 hours.

I beg to differ.

Patchou will problably release Messenger Plus! Live within 48/72 hours. I currently use the leaked version (sue me) and it works great with few little bugs which has problably been fixed from that point on.
RE: RE: RE: Msg Plus! Live by CookieRevised on 06-20-2006 at 12:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX

I beg to differ.

Patchou will problably release Messenger Plus! Live within 48/72 hours. I currently use the leaked version (sue me) and it works great with few little bugs which has problably been fixed from that point on.

How do you know what bugs exist or what things need to be worked upon in updates you do not have which came long after that leaked version?

(PS: and the leaked version did contained many many bugs though)
RE: Msg Plus! Live by riahc4 on 06-20-2006 at 12:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
How do you know what bugs exist or what things need to be worked upon in updates you do not have which came long after that leaked version?

(PS: and the leaked version did contained many many bugs though)

The latest leaked version didnt as much as the first. The bugs the latest one had accually get overviewed quickly and you just love Plus! for what it is (or at least for my needs)
RE: Msg Plus! Live by ~*McoreD*~ on 06-20-2006 at 02:15 AM

Yeah riahc4, the obvious bug in build 0226 I have found was sometimes Plus! > Display Event Viewer comes up with empty window with no events, and Events don't get recorded for that session. Otherthan that no showstopper bugs.

I have also tested it both Vista and XP SP2.

RE: Msg Plus! Live by :No-Frost: on 06-20-2006 at 05:18 AM

CAN'T WHAIT FOR MSG PLUS! LIVE!!!!

Damn, I'm ansious

RE: Msg Plus! Live by Patchou on 06-20-2006 at 07:10 AM

too damn tired to do anything else today: release date will be announced tomorrow :)