Shoutbox

Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? (/showthread.php?tid=60748)

Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by dagsaag on 06-20-2006 at 12:38 PM

Hi

Does anyone if Stuffplug 2.2.397 will be compatible with msgplus!Live?

Reason i ask this is because  i love  the window open notifier function, and the next release of Stuffplug will no longer support this feature.

RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by Matti on 06-20-2006 at 12:46 PM

No, StuffPlug 2 doesn't work with Messenger Plus! Live. This is because the next version of StuffPlug (v3) will not be a Plus! addon, but a stand-alone application which runs independent of Plus!. ;)

For more information, please check the official StuffPlug website. :)

And I guess the open notifier will not be implented, since of the unprecise work of the feature. If you want to know if someone opened a conversation, just ask him/her! :P

RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by dagsaag on 06-20-2006 at 12:49 PM

Thanks for quick reply:).

RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by Sunshine on 06-20-2006 at 12:51 PM

Most important reason why this won't work with plus!Live is: plugins support is dropped in Plus!Live...scripts came to replace this. Now this doesn't mean a plugin can't work anymore but for it to work again the plugin developer needs to write a script wich calls on the plugin dll(s).

So to be short: no plugin will work with Plus!Live unless a script is made for it.

RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by dagsaag on 06-20-2006 at 01:21 PM

Sunshine: Thanks for the info:). Cant wait for the plus!Live to be release

Phillip:Thank you,  I will take a closer look at MDL. MDL Might be my next big thing:P

RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by GiantSpider on 06-20-2006 at 01:29 PM

The window open notifier does not work in the sense it is ment to because of several factors.

See: Cookie's Reply To "Has Opened A Convosation"

RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by The_Joker on 06-20-2006 at 05:38 PM

LOL, you just keep telling it isn't reliable...
I think people understand that but want this feature anyway (like me :P).

Just make a nice small Window Opened/Closed script :)
You can add a big warning/msg that it isn't reliable so people won't complain about false alerts.
It will save a lot of posts about "Bring back the WON!".

RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by linx05 on 06-20-2006 at 05:54 PM

Judging from a post made by TB it definately won't be coming back.

RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by MX-G on 06-20-2006 at 06:02 PM

when StuffPlug going to be released?

RE: RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by Vilkku on 06-20-2006 at 06:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MX-G

StuffPlug will no longer be a Plus! plug-in or script, so I think it's best to ask at the official site.
RE: RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by The_Joker on 06-20-2006 at 07:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
quote:
Originally posted by MX-G

StuffPlug will no longer be a Plus! plug-in or script, so I think it's best to ask at the official site.

when it will be ready, i.e. there is no release date. :S

I (reluctantly) understand it won't come back, so can someone ELSE make the WON/WCN then?
(It will be better if SP will have it back but it seems like not matter how many (or should I say much *-)^o)) will ask it won't come back, so can anyone make an alternative?)
RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by qgroessl on 06-20-2006 at 07:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku

Even though it's won't be a Plug-in/script... it's still a common add-on for WLM/MSN and I'm sure we'll still get many questions about it here...
RE: RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by emeed on 06-21-2006 at 07:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The_Joker
LOL, you just keep telling it isn't reliable...
I think people understand that but want this feature anyway (like me :P).

Just make a nice small Window Opened/Closed script :)
You can add a big warning/msg that it isn't reliable so people won't complain about false alerts.
It will save a lot of posts about "Bring back the WON!".

Indeed, I use it alot and it's unbelievable that it's denied to us because of some noobs. Now I have to install 2 addons. (atleast the first stuffplug integrated into plus)

Edit: Yeah k, apparently it's scrapped in stuffplug now to. I guess I should send my thanks to all morrons that just couldn't gasp the concept and all the anti-window notifier ppl.
RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by linx05 on 06-22-2006 at 08:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by emeed
Indeed, I use it alot and it's unbelievable that it's denied to us because of some noobs. Now I have to install 2 addons. (atleast the first stuffplug integrated into plus)

Edit: Yeah k, apparently it's scrapped in stuffplug now to. I guess I should send my thanks to all morrons that just couldn't gasp the concept and all the anti-window notifier ppl.
Maybe you should read up on the reasons why it was removed. Seeing as though you aren't a "noob" nor a "moron" and all.
RE: RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by emeed on 06-22-2006 at 10:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
quote:

Maybe you should read up on the reasns why it was removed. Seeing as though you aren't a "noob" nor a "moron" and all.

It gives a msg everytime someone makes a connection. (for whatever reason) Tell me, what is there to not work about?
The reason it was removed is because ppl don't understand it isn't a window open notifier anymore. It's bigger. If you don't want ppl to constantly ask why their window open notifier doesn't work then don't call it a window open notifier.
It's the only reason I have stuffplug. That's one addon less to install. I guess that's a positive thing.
RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by GiantSpider on 06-22-2006 at 11:47 AM

quote:
It gives a msg everytime someone makes a connection. (for whatever reason) Tell me, what is there to not work about?
You just answered your own question, it happens everytime someone (or something) makes a connection. Perhaps the wording should be changed to:

"There is a possibility that someone (more likely something) has made a deliberate (but its more likely to be routine) connection with you."
RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by linx05 on 06-22-2006 at 11:51 AM

quote:
The reason it was removed is because ppl don't understand it isn't a window open notifier anymore. It's bigger. If you don't want ppl to constantly ask why their window open notifier doesn't work then don't call it a window open notifier.
It's the only reason I have stuffplug. That's one addon less to install. I guess that's a positive thing.
Install MessengerDiscovery Live if you are so intent on getting it back.
RE: RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by emeed on 06-22-2006 at 01:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
quote:
You just answered your own question, it happens everytime someone (or something) makes a connection. Perhaps the wording should be changed to:

"There is a possibility that someone (more likely something) has made a deliberate (but its more likely to be routine) connection with you."

Just "connection" is enough. I don't care how ppl call it or use it. I only want the feature. Regardles of what triggerd it.
It's not broken, it's mislabeld.

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
quote:
Install MessengerDiscovery Live if you are so intent on getting it back.

Msg+ is great, discovery is inferior. It would be alot of trouble for only that. I hope someone can script it in later.
RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by GiantSpider on 06-22-2006 at 01:49 PM

quote:

Just "connection" is enough. I don't care how ppl call it or use it. I only want the feature. Regardles of what triggerd it.
If you don't mind my asking then, what do you use it for if you know it doesn't work properly?
RE: RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by The_Joker on 06-22-2006 at 03:06 PM

quote:
If you don't mind my asking then, what do you use it for if you know it doesn't work properly?

1. Some people still use 6.2, so it's reliable (I can point some contacts that I never had a false alert from them).
2. For does who don't have a DP it's reliable too (not me :P).
3. It can be used as a block/offline checker.

[offtopic]
PS: speaking of versions (6.2), will MP!L show contacts' MSNM/WLM version like MDX/MDL does?
Or should I suggest that?
(EDIT: Too damn much abbreviations)
[/offtopic]
RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by Felu on 06-22-2006 at 03:09 PM

quote:
PS: speaking of versions (6.2), will MP!L show contacts' MSNM/WLM version like MDX/MDL does?
MP!L wont work with MSN Messenger only WLM. So itll be the same as before cuz MP! will only work with it ;).
RE: RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by The_Joker on 06-22-2006 at 03:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
quote:
MP!L wont work with MSN Messenger only WLM. So itll be the same as before cuz MP! will only work with it ;).

"contacts' MSNM/WLM version."
MDL shows what YOUR contacts have, so it can be MSNM.
If I want to see my WLM version I can simply press About :P
RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by Mad_Griffith on 06-22-2006 at 04:33 PM

I'm looking forward to getting the new StuffPlug so that I can edit the default ugly emoticons.

RE: RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by emeed on 06-22-2006 at 05:09 PM

quote:
quote:

I know my contacts. With that and the feature it's easy to know when someone is online or trying to say something.
Then again, the results of won apparently are not as life treatening to me as to others . (it's really fun)

RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by dagsaag on 06-22-2006 at 05:50 PM

I know this feature dont works 100%, but its a fun feature to have. As  emeed, I also know all contacts I have on msnm, so its easy to guess when that contact opens a conversation or not when the notifier pops up;) 

And for the MDL. There is a lot of nasty bugs on it, and many of its features doesnt work at all:(. Hope they wll fix it soon:).

but it would be great if someone could make a simple window open notifier addon, ill sure use it:)

RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by DeLaVega on 06-23-2006 at 09:48 AM

I've been thinking about making this, only I have limited experience with VB and non with Plus Plugins.
Maybe this can be my first plugin :P

RE: RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by The_Joker on 06-24-2006 at 09:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DeLaVega
I've been thinking about making this, only I have limited experience with VB and non with Plus Plugins.
Maybe this can be my first plugin :P

Good luck.
Just a little question: the script engine is in JS, right?
or u r making it as a plug-in, and not as a script?
RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by Vexor on 06-24-2006 at 10:45 AM

Yes the script engine is in JS.

RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by DeLaVega on 06-24-2006 at 04:08 PM

Well, I don't know anything about Javascript so probably a plug-in if that ain't much harder to do.
But it would have to be a plug-in working seperatly from Plus! Live?

RE: RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by The_Joker on 06-24-2006 at 04:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DeLaVega
But it would have to be a plug-in working seperatly from Plus! Live?

It doesn't have to be a saperate plug-in, u'll need a shell script to load the plug-in or something like that, I don't know exactly how it works.
RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by DeLaVega on 06-24-2006 at 04:25 PM

So use a script to load my plug-in :p
Why aren't plug-ins supported anymore in Plus! Live?
Seems much simpeler

RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by Sypher on 06-24-2006 at 04:31 PM

These scripts are a lot more powerfull and giving you a lot more functions to play with!

RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by DeLaVega on 06-24-2006 at 04:57 PM

Ah :D But I've been looking for some documentation about these scripts. I had it but don't remember where I got it from

RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by J-Thread on 06-24-2006 at 05:57 PM

http://www.mess.be;)

RE: Stuffplug NG 2.2.397 compatible with msgplus!Live? by DeLaVega on 06-24-2006 at 06:03 PM

Thats it, thx :banana:

hi by Sibel on 06-25-2006 at 10:04 AM

thank you;)