Shoutbox

Transport Tycoon, who's in for a game? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Transport Tycoon, who's in for a game? (/showthread.php?tid=60751)

Transport Tycoon, who's in for a game? by TheBlasphemer on 06-20-2006 at 02:07 PM

Wednesday 21th of June: We're starting another game around 1PM GMT+1ish! be there is be... square!
SERVER IS RUNNING

Alright, Who doesn't know Transport Tycoon? It rocks! :P
If you don't read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Tycoon !

Anyway, Me (TB) and Yousef (msgweb.nl guy) are playing and we're hoping people will play with us :)
We're using OpenTTD 4.7, you can get a copy at openttd.org. You'll need the original Transport Tycoon Deluxe too, which you should purchase or (as it's that old) find it somewhere else. (abandonware)

For server info:
Host: thuis.hardijzer.nl
Name: TBs Game
Password: wlm

How to join?
In the main menu pick Multiplayer,
click Add Server, enter "thuis.hardijzer.nl"
Find "TBs Game" in the list.
Click it
Click Join Game.
Click New Company (or alternatively join another company if you've talked to the original owner)
Enter password ("wlm")
Start playing

See you there!

For help: http://wiki.openttd.org/index.php/Manual:Main_Page
The goal of the game is to transport goods from one industry to another, e.g. transport Coal from a Coal Mine to a Power Station. Stations/Airports/Docks should be placed next to or near to the industry you want to reach.

Some screenshots to encourage people that only take a quick peek to actually read the post:
[Image: dbset_small.png][Image: 1_small.png][Image: dbset2_small.png]
(More over here )

RE: Transport Tycoon, who's in for a game? by Jhrono on 06-20-2006 at 02:11 PM

Ah I only have tycoon New York, and I don't know if you can play online with it :(

Have fun anyway, I'll try to get it asap :P

RE: Transport Tycoon, who's in for a game? by Mike on 06-20-2006 at 02:16 PM

Found the game :P
Do I also need the original game to play Deluxe?

RE: Transport Tycoon, who's in for a game? by TheBlasphemer on 06-20-2006 at 02:25 PM

You need Transport Tycoon Deluxe (for the data files), and OpenTTD (the actual game + networking)

RE: Transport Tycoon, who's in for a game? by Stigmata on 06-20-2006 at 02:30 PM

I'm comming :)

fuck, dont know what im doing.........

RE: Transport Tycoon, who's in for a game? by Mike on 06-20-2006 at 03:39 PM

I "bought" the game, but I didn't find a tutorial in it... :(
Haven't checked it really much, but I probably will :P

RE: Transport Tycoon, who's in for a game? by J-Thread on 06-20-2006 at 04:18 PM

I love TTDX! :D Too bad I haven't got enough time to play!

RE: Transport Tycoon, who's in for a game? by Plik on 06-20-2006 at 05:00 PM

I used to love that game :O

But i can't get it to behave itself on any of my computers anymore :sad:

RE: Transport Tycoon, who's in for a game? by ipab on 06-20-2006 at 05:03 PM

can figure out how the thing works! (I R n00b) :(

RE: Transport Tycoon, who's in for a game? by TheBlasphemer on 06-20-2006 at 05:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
can figure out how the thing works! (I R n00b) :(

http://wiki.openttd.org/index.php/Manual:Main_Page
RE: Transport Tycoon, who's in for a game? by TheBlasphemer on 06-21-2006 at 06:37 AM

I'll be launching another game at 1PM GMT+1 !!!

RE: Transport Tycoon, who's in for a game? by John Anderton on 06-21-2006 at 06:45 AM

i cba to buy/"buy" it unless shown the links ... i dont know what the game is but if i get the game im sure ill read the wiki links .... im always willing to try a game out ;)

RE: Transport Tycoon, who's in for a game? by TheBlasphemer on 06-21-2006 at 06:47 AM

It's a nice game, well worth the $5 bucks it costs nowadays!
Not sure if you can still actually buy it anywhere in a shop, but it's still floating around eMule.
I'm not aware of any trial/demo versions, so you could just get it from there and then BUY IT if you play it more than 10 hours or so :)

RE: Transport Tycoon, who's in for a game? by John Anderton on 06-21-2006 at 06:55 AM

meh ill just play a few games with you guys once or twice then forget about it (like i did with jack the rabbit thingy that mike told be about :P)

So i guess "buying" would be the best thing (for just playing once or twice :))

RE: Transport Tycoon, who's in for a game? by TheBlasphemer on 06-21-2006 at 07:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
meh ill just play a few games with you guys once or twice then forget about it (like i did with jack the rabbit thingy that mike told be about :P)

So i guess "buying" would be the best thing (for just playing once or twice :))

Once you've played it, you *will* get addicted.
Trust me, I've had the game since I was 12 or so, I've stopped playing it for about 10 times, but every once in a while the game sucked me back in ;)
RE: Transport Tycoon, who's in for a game? by Yousef on 06-21-2006 at 09:17 AM

Can we start it at 12.15 GMT+1 :P?

RE: Transport Tycoon, who's in for a game? by J-Thread on 06-21-2006 at 02:33 PM

It seems like TB is really owning at the moment8-)

Too bad I'm too busy to join you guys, hope we can do a long game next time. Let's organize a TTDX LAN party... A whole weekend playing:P