Shoutbox

I want to make an online game! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: I want to make an online game! (/showthread.php?tid=60805)

I want to make an online game! by welshboy222 on 06-21-2006 at 12:02 PM

1. Hiya I want to make an online game and im stuck with the graphics I for example I want a space for the graphics of the game to go. Like for example Runescape. Runescape when you log in you have a space to walk around in that is arranged in squares how do you do this?
2. Also I might make graphics like Habbohotel. How would I make graphics like that?
3. How would I put an online game like this together is there anyone skilled enough or are my dreams just fantasy???

RE: I want to make an online game! by RaceProUK on 06-21-2006 at 07:43 PM

What language are you using? Most general-purpose languages have powerful graphics libraries available.

RE: I want to make an online game! by user27089 on 06-21-2006 at 08:54 PM

Someone I knew at studley high made one, I can't remember his name, email, what he made it using or what it was that he made. But he made like £10000

RE: I want to make an online game! by Chris4 on 06-21-2006 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by welshboy222
3. How would I put an online game like this together is there anyone skilled enough or are my dreams just fantasy???
What you need:
- Large amount of money to get you started
- Experience in doing this

You can't just say "Hey, I wanna make something like Runescape or Habbohotel" with no experience. It takes years and years and years of practice and skill.
RE: RE: I want to make an online game! by Fuzzles on 06-22-2006 at 12:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:
Originally posted by welshboy222
What you need:
- Large amount of money to get you started
- Experience in doing this

You can't just say "Hey, I wanna make something like Runescape or Habbohotel" with no experience. It takes years and years and years of practice and skill.

Yeah what he said.

You have to have real big experience before you go into all the time and effort it would take. If it was a flash game that might be easier to start with. From what i know, it might be to hard to try before attempting something easier.