Shoutbox

paFileDB 3.5.3 help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: paFileDB 3.5.3 help (/showthread.php?tid=60809)

paFileDB 3.5.3 help by Salem on 06-21-2006 at 02:25 PM

Hi guys

I need some help with paFileDB. I would like to use paFileDB, to integrate a downloads db into my site, but is there anyway of removing the paFileDB headers etc so that i can just include the main downloads db UI in my current site design?

Thanks in advance

RE: paFileDB 3.5.3 help by absorbation on 06-21-2006 at 02:43 PM

Not really, it has some odd mysql querys. You can't do a basic include, you need to do something like this instead:

code:
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,
"http://www.msgstuff.com/inc/meta.php");
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);

It also cannot use your ?id page links, it generates its own and will not work :P. I don't sugggest pafiledb, well at least not 3.5. I have a much simpler version you can use, it is better coded and more sercure. I will send it you, but I don't have the time to answer any questions on messenger, I have too much work tonight :).
RE: RE: paFileDB 3.5.3 help by Salem on 06-21-2006 at 02:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
Not really, it has some odd mysql querys. You can't do a basic include, you need to do something like this instead:

code:
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,
"http://www.msgstuff.com/inc/meta.php");
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);

It also cannot use your ?id page links, it generates its own and will not work :P. I don't sugggest pafiledb, well at least not 3.5. I have a much simpler version you can use, it is better coded and more sercure. I will send it you, but I don't have the time to answer any questions on messenger, I have too much work tonight :).

Thanks.

Although, does it your have the admin interface?
RE: paFileDB 3.5.3 help by absorbation on 06-21-2006 at 02:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Salem

My website has an external admin panel which does allow editing of files etc. You can always add files via the database, but my coding relies on other parts of my panel. I really don't have the time to help you get a version to work for you. I have been busy and I will be really busy for about another three weeks none stop :(.

Edit: Don't use pafiledb 3.5. I don't allow it, it caused a major sercuity concern on my old hosting :P. You can use my version if you want to allow adding things via the database manually.
RE: RE: paFileDB 3.5.3 help by Salem on 06-21-2006 at 02:54 PM

quote:
quote:

My website has an external admin panel which does allow editing of files etc. You can always add files via the database, but my coding relies on other parts of my panel. I really don't have the time to help you get a version to work for you. I have been busy and I will be really busy for about another three weeks none stop :(.

Edit: Don't use pafiledb 3.5. I don't allow it, it caused a major sercuity concern on my old hosting :P. You can use my version if you want to allow adding things via the database manually.

Ok. hm...not so sure about adding thing manually into database. But i wont bother you with that now.

Thanks for the help & advice

~Salem(@)
RE: paFileDB 3.5.3 help by Dempsey on 06-21-2006 at 03:27 PM

quote:
t caused a major sercuity concern on my old hosting :P.

Yes it did :P  Dodgy Abso getting my server disconnected ¬_¬
RE: paFileDB 3.5.3 help by absorbation on 06-21-2006 at 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
Yes it did (Smilie)  Dodgy Abso getting my server disconnected ¬_¬

Was I really the one scamming people with hunderds of thousands of emails to get their money from paypal (a).
RE: paFileDB 3.5.3 help by Dempsey on 06-21-2006 at 03:35 PM

quote:
Was I really the one scamming people with hunderds of thousands of emails to get their money from paypal (a).
I think you were yea, you just pretended to not know, give me my share of the scam money (mo)
RE: paFileDB 3.5.3 help by Sunshine on 06-21-2006 at 03:42 PM

Abso/Dempsey: You guys are making no sense at all. What does e-mailing have to do with disconnecting servers and PaFileDB???

Wich version of PaFileDB are we talking about that had/caused that security flaw anyway?

On topic:
PaFileDB layout can be found in pafiledb.php, have a look at the header section...take it out, make your own and include it in pafiledb.php like so: <?php include("headerDB.htm"); ?>

Edit: asfor the images used in the templates have a look at the images in styles/<stylename you wish to use- default>/images folder. I might have forgotten some things and things might have changed (i use 3.1)..it's been a while since i installed PaFileDB.

Reading the codes in the main file (having a look around in other files never hurts either) helps aswell as reading the manual ;)

RE: paFileDB 3.5.3 help by Menthix on 06-21-2006 at 04:22 PM

Salem: Check your /skins/default/templates/ folder. You can edit the .tpl files there to get rid of whatever you want. Just be carefull to not remove too much so you don't break it :).

RE: RE: paFileDB 3.5.3 help by Salem on 06-21-2006 at 04:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Salem: Check your /skins/default/templates/ folder. You can edit the .tpl files there to get rid of whatever you want. Just be carefull to not remove too much so you don't break it :).

Thanks very much. Although i'm a bit hesitant now as Absorbation said latest version caused major problems previously:|
RE: paFileDB 3.5.3 help by Menthix on 06-21-2006 at 05:39 PM

quote:
i'm a bit hesitant now as Absorbation said latest version caused major problems previously
Judging from what I read about that in this topic I think Absorbation used a slightly older version. There was an exploit in the mail function which enabled such abused, should be fixed in this version. Check PHParena's site about that.