Shoutbox

Msn Flash 1.0 for MPL! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Msn Flash 1.0 for MPL! (/showthread.php?tid=60847)

Msn Flash 1.0 for MPL! by ivan300 on 06-21-2006 at 10:34 PM

Here is my Msn flash updated for messenger plus live ! ;)

What it does is turns on and off the comm port while you have a message. So if you attach a led to the comm port it will blink and alert you that you have a message. Very usefull in games or when youre away from the computer. :D

Instructions:
----------------------
Have messenger plus live installed and execute the script

You will need MSCOMM32.OCX and it has to be registerd, so copy it to to C:\Windows\system32\
and then run regsvr32 "C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCOMM32.OCX"

How to hook up the led:
----------------------
Make sure it is hooked up to Com port 1 (I only have one on my comp so i cant test it)
An led has a positive(longer lead) and a negative lead what you do is connect the positive pin to
the 4 pin and the negative to the 3 pin

____-_+___
  \ o o o o o/
   \ o o o o/
    --------
Note: The cable that i am using is a crossover type cable so it might not be exactly like yours.
Do not be afraid try different pins if it doesnt work for you.

[Image: msnflash19ec.jpg]

RE: Msn Flash 1.0 for MPL! by Chris4 on 06-21-2006 at 11:07 PM

Nice work, but your not a Beta Tester and therefore shouldn't have MP!L already. 8-)

RE: Msn Flash 1.0 for MPL! by prashker on 06-21-2006 at 11:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Nice work, but your not a Beta Tester and therefore shouldn't have MP!L already. 8-)

He could have just read the scripting documentation without actually using MP!L and made the script :P
RE: Msn Flash 1.0 for MPL! by NiteMare on 06-21-2006 at 11:33 PM

hmmm, now where to get these supplys to make the LED:P

RE: Msn Flash 1.0 for MPL! by ivan300 on 06-21-2006 at 11:38 PM

hehe you can buy a serial extension cable preferably female to female. It is easier to connect the led to a female connector. I had one of these lying around so this is what i used
[Image: 7099i0.jpg]

Then the led is easy to find. Take apart an old computer and you are bound to find many. I use a super bright blue one ;)

RE: Msn Flash 1.0 for MPL! by Patchou on 06-22-2006 at 01:19 AM

haha, cool.

RE: Msn Flash 1.0 for MPL! by MX-G on 06-22-2006 at 02:00 AM

nice, but i dont use plus live! yet :(

RE: Msn Flash 1.0 for MPL! by Themuzz on 06-25-2006 at 05:59 PM

Very cool :D

but perhaps you could add some more feautures, like when you type in a conversation: ^flash the plugin starts or stops, because if your behind you computer and your chatting you don't have to know if a window is open. And perhaps you should let the light flash when you recieve something and not when there is a converstaion window open.

ps, shouldn't this be in Scripts section??

Greetz Themuzz

RE: Msn Flash 1.0 for MPL! by ZimmE on 06-25-2006 at 05:59 PM

What pins on the Com1 port should i use? making my own cable =P

RE: Msn Flash 1.0 for MPL! by Nathan on 06-25-2006 at 06:13 PM

You should make a script so it flashes the light on a keyboard :P like the "number lock" l.e.d :p
nice feature though ;)

RE: RE: Msn Flash 1.0 for MPL! by ivan300 on 06-26-2006 at 01:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Themuzz
Very cool :D

but perhaps you could add some more feautures, like when you type in a conversation: ^flash the plugin starts or stops, because if your behind you computer and your chatting you don't have to know if a window is open. And perhaps you should let the light flash when you recieve something and not when there is a converstaion window open.
ps, shouldn't this be in Scripts section??
Greetz Themuzz

i will add a stop flashing command soon and i didnt use the recieve message function because using it i wouldt know when to stop flashing.

Edit: I thin i will make it stop flashing when you send a message

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
You should make a script so it flashes the light on a keyboard :P like the "number lock" l.e.d :p
nice feature though ;)

i could probably add that but i dont like it because it messes with the keyboard. It is easy to find a led and a serial cabel and it looks much better :p

Update: posted an updadated version in the scripts forum
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61488