Shoutbox

The new msg live plus and old preferences - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: The new msg live plus and old preferences (/showthread.php?tid=60897)

The new msg live plus and old preferences by Jalh on 06-23-2006 at 01:24 AM

well.. here my question :
i saved my preferences of msg plus .... that preferences will work in the new msg live plus ?
if my question is out of place .. sorry :(
thx a lot

RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by MX-G on 06-23-2006 at 01:29 AM

i dont think so, because plus live has been recoded, and it have new features, it could be in a future version of plus live

RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by Jalh on 06-23-2006 at 01:31 AM

:( i feel so bad with that notice
well no way , just wait for official news about compatibility between both.
bye a thx a lot amigo :D

RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by Reload2 on 06-23-2006 at 01:39 AM

The preferences? Yes it will be keeped as for your sounds, etc! Sure it's going to have new functions but Messenger Plus! Live is fully compatible with MsgPlus 3.6x!!

RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by MX-G on 06-23-2006 at 01:41 AM

he is talking about saved preferences
:)

RE: RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by Jalh on 06-23-2006 at 01:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Reload2
The preferences? Yes it will be keeped as for your sounds, etc! Sure it's going to have new functions but Messenger Plus! Live is fully compatible with MsgPlus 3.6x!!

well im talking about the renamed nicks to my contacts , thats the most important thing that i want know if can work in the new msg live plus ...
RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by dylan! on 06-23-2006 at 01:44 AM

someone here is wrong... and I'm thinking it's you,MX-G...because ud on't seem to know what your talking about.. did you read reload's post!? obvcourse he knows its about the preferences

RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by MX-G on 06-23-2006 at 01:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jalh
i saved my preferences of msg plus .... that preferences will work in the new msg live plus ?
:P
RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by dylan! on 06-23-2006 at 01:46 AM

wow... either your a really bad spammer or your just straight up dumb:|... we all clearly read his first post.. I meant read Reload's post

RE: RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by Jalh on 06-23-2006 at 01:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MX-G
quote:
Originally posted by Jalh
:P

so ? u gonna help me or what ? did u know what im talking about ?
RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by Reload2 on 06-23-2006 at 01:48 AM

Well yes, I think the settings are stored somewhere and the function of 3.xx that have been keeped in 4.0 will use the old settings

Edit: The renamed contacts settings won't be keeped as it's now a function of Windows Live Messenger itself :)

RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by Jalh on 06-23-2006 at 01:50 AM

ok .. thx a lot both u guys :D

RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by MX-G on 06-23-2006 at 01:51 AM

are you talking about this?
[Image: msgplus3lf.png]
because im thinking in this

RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by Mentality on 06-23-2006 at 01:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Reload2
keeped

Kept :P
RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by Reload2 on 06-23-2006 at 01:53 AM

Well as I said, Messenger Plus 3.xx will be fully compatible with Messenger Plus! Live so as the settings probably 8-) I don't see why you have to loose all your settings :S. Of course, you will be keeping only the settings that the functions are remained in 4.00 (like Jalh asked about the renaming feature who will be removed in 4.00)

RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by NiteMare on 06-23-2006 at 01:54 AM

quote:
give up MX-G, the questions ben answered while your trying to figure out what he's been talking about
RE: RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by Jalh on 06-23-2006 at 02:48 AM

quote:

yeap im talking about that :D
RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by Reload2 on 06-23-2006 at 02:52 AM

Well the answer is yes, you will be able to keep your settings

RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by Jalh on 06-23-2006 at 02:57 AM

thx a lot again :D
and have a nice day :)

RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by MX-G on 06-23-2006 at 03:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
give up MX-G, the questions ben answered while your trying to figure out what he's been talking about
what did you say? :), im not trying to accumulate post, im trying to help the people

here is the full answer
Your saved preferences with wizard couldnt be compatibles, but in a future version it could

Your not saved preferences like emotion sounds, or any that Reload2 said, has been saved automaticaly and updated to the new plus!(it could too, i cant tried Plus! Live yet).
RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by Reload2 on 06-23-2006 at 03:34 AM

Well there's something in your post MX-G, that doesn't make sense: You say that the saved preferences with wizard couldn't be compatibles but in a future version. But the future version is 4.00. I don't see why in 4.00 you won't be able to import settings but in 4.10 or after you could import your settings. It's kinda silly :S

RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by MX-G on 06-23-2006 at 03:36 AM

Future version im referring  another plus live version, and im saying could and couldnt

RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by absorbation on 06-23-2006 at 08:28 AM

In the final build, some settings can be imported. However, not everything, it is as simple as that ok :P?

RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by Sunshine on 06-23-2006 at 10:34 AM

Woah i can't believe how many posts this thread has...why do people post when they don't know? Please stop that!

quote:
Originally posted by sunshine @ [url
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=60665&pid=667319#pid667319]Please[/url] wait for the official release of Plus!Live, that one will import those settings for you (only if you don't have an older "illegal/leaked" build of Plus!Live installed).

Ofcourse things that aren't in Plus!Live (or were replaced by a WLM function) that were in plus!3 can't be imported.
RE: The new msg live plus and old preferences by CookieRevised on 06-23-2006 at 10:34 AM

All those posts before absorbation's are were totally unnessecairy, wrong, inaccurate, etc...

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
Just the people that are "helping" people that need support. This is for you; please read the following:

PLEASE READ THE DAMN POST BEFORE YOU REPLY.

PLEASE READ THE REPLIES OF OTHER PEOPLE BEFORE YOU REPLY.

PLEASE STOP POSTING INACCURATE HELP. IT MAKES IT DIFFICULT FOR THE HELPERS THAT ARE ACCURATE AND ACTUALLY HELP TO FIX YOUR PROBLEM.

please read the whole freaking post before you reply.

STOP POSTING JUST TO GET YOUR POST COUNT UP.

Let's be sensible for a bit:

It is harder for a KNOWLEDGEABLE helper to fix the problems you have caused by giving INACCURATE information than if they helped them out first. Some of the fixes that you can give, that are ENTIRELY WRONG can be VERY HARD to undo.

Read this, and read it well. I gave up helping on here for a bit because it is so hard to tell between spam and help. Please guys, post only if you know the answer...

If you do not know the answer, or if you did not tested something out in the proper way, DO NOT POST.

-------------------------------------------

To elaborate more on absorbation's correct statement:

- When you install Messenger Plus! Live, it will automatically port most settings of Messenger Plus! 3. Not all settings will be imported of course as some settings are redundant and others now have much more suboptions.

- Exported preference files (.PLD files) made in Messenger Plus! 3 can NOT be imported back into Messengr Plus! Live; Exported preference files are version specific; Messenger Plus! Live preference files are not compatible with Messenger Plus! 3 and vice versa.

- Custom names of your contacts will not be ported to Messenger Plus! Live, as that feature isn't available anymore in Messenger Plus! Live since Windows Messenger Live already has a nickname feature.

- In Messenger Plus! Live, a general configuration wizard will be available too, but this will list only the general options. Since Messenger Plus! Live has more and new options, it is very adviseable to browse every configuration panel and review each option the first time you use Messenger Plus! Live anyways.