Shoutbox

Release dates - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Release dates (/showthread.php?tid=60947)

Release dates by stevecam on 06-24-2006 at 01:09 AM

Sat 11:03 AM is the release date in Australia, but why is patchou beeing so sticky about release dates, as it is a great way to loose users, I hope I don't sound like i'm complaining, i just find it a bit odd

RE: Release dates by ddunk on 06-24-2006 at 01:12 AM

How is it a good way to lose users? Its not like the download is only available at that specific second and will never be seen again.

RE: Release dates by Steven on 06-24-2006 at 01:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stevecam
Sat 11:03 AM is the release date in Australia, but why is patchou beeing so sticky about release dates, as it is a great way to loose users, I hope I don't sound like i'm complaining, i just find it a bit odd

A realese date is what everyone wanted.  It stopped the countless threads such as "PATCHOU SAID 30 DAYS, WHEN WHEN WHEN" Now everyone knows excatcly when Msg plus live will be realesed. Everyone has calmed down, and the people who were calm before can at least feel relief from answering the stupid threads.
RE: Release dates by stevecam on 06-24-2006 at 01:16 AM

Because this is the computer world, and not everyone, but alot of the computer users cannot grasp the concept of time like others, what my real question is, what is Patchou doing other then the MP!L release that he wants everyone to wait for

RE: Release dates by Chestah on 06-24-2006 at 01:18 AM

Its not a matter of Patchou making people wait for the beta. He has been working hard for months to get Plus! Live ready for release. Hes been working hard finalising Msgplus! Live making it perfect for release, finalising the new website and cleaning up many other things such as the scripting documentation.

RE: Release dates by stevecam on 06-24-2006 at 01:22 AM

But isn't that already finished?

RE: RE: Release dates by Steven on 06-24-2006 at 01:24 AM

quote:
But isn't that already finished?

Yes, yes it is finished.
People need to understand,  that there is only 1 day, 1 day left until msg plus live is realesed. Is it so hard just to wait, 1 more day? Paintence is key here. Patchou just gave everyone what they wanted, a simple date. There is your date, Saterday night.
RE: Release dates by Chestah on 06-24-2006 at 01:26 AM

Let's just say Patchou's standards are very very high :). Plus, the plus beta testing team are still thoroughly testing the final builds before release to ensure everythings running smoothly!

Edit: It will be finished when its released ;)

RE: Release dates by Hank on 06-24-2006 at 01:28 AM

where in aussie u from stevecam?

RE: Release dates by stevecam on 06-24-2006 at 01:29 AM

It wasn't the date I was worried about, I was just curious as to what the big hold up was about.
Time means nothing to me, and NT's probably wont understand that time means nothing to me.

Edit: Melbourne

RE: Release dates by Chestah on 06-24-2006 at 01:30 AM

quote:
It wasn't the date I was worried about, I was just curious as to what the big hold up was about.
Time means nothing to me, and NT's probably wont understand that time means nothing to me.

Well the title of this thread would suggest otherwise ;)
RE: Release dates by stevecam on 06-24-2006 at 01:35 AM

Well it just goes to show, you can't judge a thread by it's title ;-)

Whoops I meant sunday

RE: Release dates by Steven on 06-24-2006 at 01:36 AM

Yeah you can, thats the point of making a good thread title. So are you happy now though? Or what else do you need.

RE: Release dates by stevecam on 06-24-2006 at 01:40 AM

I'm afraid your going off topic, it I was still relating to the release date, just in a different way

RE: Release dates by NiteMare on 06-24-2006 at 01:44 AM

patchou set the release date to saturday because they are still currently finishing off the new msgpluslive.net site, and translations of plus! live

you can not release a program with out translations and a website.

please stop complaining and wait the freaking less then a day

RE: Release dates by MattyRid on 06-24-2006 at 01:56 AM

Well for Sydney (Which is where I live) I get it down as being released at 9:40am. And The Fixed time clock that has been posted in this thread confirms it. It also gives the release time for other cities listed :)

So can you answer me where the 11:03am or 11:30am came from???

RE: Release dates by stevecam on 06-24-2006 at 01:56 AM

I wasn't complaining, I write prorgams myself so i know how hard it is, but why release a release date so accurate when there is no real way of knowing when

RE: Release dates by Chestah on 06-24-2006 at 01:57 AM

quote:
I wasn't complaining, I write prorgams myself so i know how hard it is, but why release a release date so accurate when there is no real way of knowing when

I'm not quite sure what your saying but Patchou has announced the release date so people do know when it will be released. :P
RE: Release dates by Hank on 06-24-2006 at 02:00 AM

quote:
Melbourne
it'll be released on the page Sun 9:40 AM Melbourne Time
RE: Release dates by Chestah on 06-24-2006 at 02:02 AM

For more information on release times see this thread: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=60948

RE: Release dates by stevecam on 06-24-2006 at 02:02 AM

I'm saying this whole release date thing is strange, especially for a voluntary job, as you never know what code you have to write next

RE: Release dates by Chestah on 06-24-2006 at 02:04 AM

quote:
I'm saying this whole release date thing is strange, especially for a voluntary job, as you never know what code you have to write next

Well Patchou's been developing this for 8 months and beta testing has been going for.. well as long as i can remember.. so hopefully nothing will happen that will cause any delays!
RE: Release dates by peri0d on 06-24-2006 at 02:09 AM

Ugh. I registered here just to alert you to the fact that you sound like an absoloute idiot. Why can't you just accept the fact that he has set a release date, and stop making such a fuss about it. Your attention seeking has gone beyond annoying, so drop it.

RE: Release dates by Voldemort on 06-24-2006 at 02:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
Well Patchou's been developing this for 8 months and beta testing has been going for.

And the fifth aniverssary... of all plus versions...
RE: Release dates by Patchou on 06-24-2006 at 04:15 AM

Just to make things clear again: no, the work has not been finished yet, I'm not sitting in my liging room playing Final Fantasy while waiting for my alaram clock to ring to upload every file :p.

There's 19 hours left on the counter and I'm still wondering how I'll be able to finish editing the web site in time. The software itself has been finished but I'm also waiting for some late submissions from the translators. The release date is precise because I like giving something specific to my users instead of "next week", when possible. If I wait until everything is finished and I'm perfectly happy with the whole thing, I'll never release anything.

RE: Release dates by R.J on 06-24-2006 at 07:21 AM

well said(Y)

RE: Release dates by NiteMare on 06-24-2006 at 07:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
There's 19 hours left on the counter and I'm still wondering how I'll be able to finish editing the web site in time.
sounds like an allnighter
RE: Release dates by Chestah on 06-24-2006 at 07:36 AM

I can bet you it will be.. $100 US.. actually lets not bet that ;)