Shoutbox

Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( (/showthread.php?tid=61020)

Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 12:16 AM

Hi everyone!
I hope youve got MP!L by now. What i want to know is when i use MP!L with WINDOWS XP MEDIA CENTER EDISION it doesnt work. I mean to say When ever i type "/" no menu appears up, when i click the buttons on the formatting toolbar i got get any responce from it either. WHen i got to the plus menu to insert sounds and commands it dosent work too :( :'(.

But everything is fine with WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL

I just cant wait to use it now.
To use MP!L. I really want a solution.

I MP!L aint compatible with MCE then plz Patchou i request you to make it compatible.

Thnx n Regards
-!Felu!-

RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by surfichris on 06-25-2006 at 12:35 AM

It is compatible.

Media Center Edition is XP Professional with a few things stripped out.

And yes, I can confirm it works as I run XP MCE and have been testing Plus! under it.

Your problem is somewhere else.

RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 12:37 AM

Oh! Thnx for telling that its compatible :bow:  but can someone solve my problem out?

Thnx in advance ;)

RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by fergofrog on 06-25-2006 at 12:40 AM

I am running xp home and i am getting exactly the same problem.

RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 12:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by fergofrog
I am running xp home and i am getting exactly the same problem.
I know MCE and HOME EDISION HAVE almost the same features :).
RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 04:43 AM

*BUMP BUMP BUMP*

Sorry for double post but i had to :(.

RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 04:49 AM

Go into msgplus options, Conversations tab, and make sure /commands are actually enabled.

RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 04:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Techboy__
Go into msgplus options, Conversations tab, and make sure /commands are actually enabled.
Yes they are. Ive tried everything but Plus! aint working :(.
RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by fergofrog on 06-25-2006 at 04:52 AM

quote:

It was on so i turned it off then turned it back on and nothing.

RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 04:56 AM

doesit work when you manually type, like "/me tests"?

RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by fergofrog on 06-25-2006 at 04:57 AM

quote:
doesit work when you manually type, like "/me tests"?

Yer i tried that and it just sends the contact the command and does nothing.

RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by markee on 06-25-2006 at 04:58 AM

Have you tried reinstalling both WLM and plus!  ?

RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by fergofrog on 06-25-2006 at 05:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee

I've repaired WLM but i haven't repaired or reinstalled Plus.

Edit: I just ran the Plus installer and tried again and nothing happened.
RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 05:03 AM

quote:
That never helped. Tried many times :(.
RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 05:04 AM

Check the other thread, i think some guy found a solution?

RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by markee on 06-25-2006 at 05:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
quote:

Which verion of WLM are you using, 787 or 792? If you are using 792 have you tried it with 787 instead?
RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by fergofrog on 06-25-2006 at 05:06 AM

quote:

Where is the other thread?
RE: RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 05:07 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
quote:

Which verion of WLM are you using, 787 or 792? If you are using 792 have you tried it with 787 instead?

I'm on 792 and it works, though.
RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by fergofrog on 06-25-2006 at 05:08 AM

quote:
I'm on 792 and it works, though.

And im on 787.
RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 05:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by fergofrog
quote:

Where is the other thread?

I have 787 btw.
RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by markee on 06-25-2006 at 05:45 AM

I really don't know. I'm sorry, maybe someone else can shed some light on a remidy.

RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Chestah on 06-25-2006 at 05:47 AM

A) Completely Uninstall WLM and Msgplus! Live
B) Download WLM from http://ideas.live.com and install.
C) Install Msgplus! Live.

Please post if this works / doesn't work. Thankyou :)

Also: Make sure you don't use any patches. If Plus! is working and then you install a patch and it stops working. Please report this straight away.

RE: RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 05:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah

Also: Make sure you don't use any patches. If Plus! is working and then you install a patch and it stops working. Please report this straight away.

Now that's one thing, I got the WLM from messenger.msn.com since I reckoned they still had the beta i was using at ideas.live.com since it saysa "Beta" (and that filetransfer bug was damn annoyung)
RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 05:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah

Ive tried everything of this sort. Tell me if i need to install another software to make it work.

I have the latest updates from Microsoft and my WLM works fine.
RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 05:57 AM

Do you have any other msn patches, though, because they can easily conflict.

RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by fergofrog on 06-25-2006 at 05:59 AM

quote:
Do you have any other msn patches, though, because they can easily conflict.

No I don't. I have the most updated software aswell.
RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 06:06 AM

but you said above you have 787.. the latest is 792. Try getting that; it's up on http://messenger.msn.com/

RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 06:09 AM

quote:
but you said above you have 787.. the latest is 792. Try getting that; it's up on http://messenger.msn.com/
I tried that too but i uninstalled it as i didnt like it :(.
RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Chestah on 06-25-2006 at 06:10 AM

hmm sorry i really have no idea then. Don't worry though it won't be long before Patchou will have this problem fixed. :)

RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Patchou on 06-25-2006 at 06:26 AM

I'll install Media Center tomorrow and check if I can reproduce the problem. In the meantime, please confirm that you are using absolutely NO patch with Messenger.

RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 06:27 AM

you know i just realised I have MC as the other dualboot ont his system and an even older beta build. hmm.

RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 06:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I'll install Media Center tomorrow and check if I can reproduce the problem. In the meantime, please confirm that you are using absolutely NO patch with Messenger.
I've tried removing patches and re-installing messenger but its of no use :(.

Thnx for the help you are trying to give :).
RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by fergofrog on 06-25-2006 at 06:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

I am not using any patches.

RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by mathieubernier on 06-25-2006 at 07:16 PM

I have that problem and I'm not using patches.

RE: Windows Xp Media Center Edision and MP!L :( by Patchou on 06-25-2006 at 09:48 PM

well, I just tried in Media Center and I don't have any problem.

Felu, fergofrog and mathieurbernier: please send an email to mplus@patchou.com describing your problems in your own words and confirming what version of Windows you are using.

Thanks.