Shoutbox

Error loading Plus! live - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Error loading Plus! live (/showthread.php?tid=61026)

Error loading Plus! live by Ingiliz_cezahsi on 06-25-2006 at 12:22 AM

I get this error when trying to load Plus.
I have both 7.5msn with 3.6plus!
and 8.0 with plus live 4.00
Could this be a problem?????

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 12:27 AM

What error?

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Ingiliz_cezahsi on 06-25-2006 at 12:37 AM

Sorry, i forgot to include a screeni.
Heres the error i get: Error Loading

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Nagamasa on 06-25-2006 at 12:51 AM

I got this problem too. I posted it (and edited it cause some mod told me not to) right on the release page, but obviously I was left stranded there with no one helping me...:@:(:'(

EDIT: This is making me soo pissed off after waiting for it for 4 months. Somewhat disapointed.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by hamjam on 06-25-2006 at 01:00 AM

I'm getting the same problem.  Also when I click on the plus tab in the main msn messenger window it says software not loaded.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Ingiliz_cezahsi on 06-25-2006 at 01:01 AM

Waited all this time and it doesnt even work. Takes the pisss

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Reload2 on 06-25-2006 at 01:03 AM

Try using 787, maybe it's the problem

RE: Error loading Plus! live by GiBraiNe on 06-25-2006 at 01:03 AM

xD, Ingiliz_cezahsi are you jqk on IRC? 'Cause this guy is helping me with this, and that screenie is mine (it is my desktop pc :P)

Thank you all, I hope we could fix this problem soon!, I'm also looking for something strange :)

By the way, I tried with 787 and nothing changed.

Greetings.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by hamjam on 06-25-2006 at 01:04 AM

Sorry if I sound a fool, but what do you mean by 787?

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Ingiliz_cezahsi on 06-25-2006 at 01:05 AM

Yea sorry mate, i saw you had the same problem as me on irc and i thought i would post a message in here as well.
I hope u dont mind,i can take it down if u want me to.
(have u managed to get it working??????)

RE: Error loading Plus! live by lopardo on 06-25-2006 at 01:13 AM

You should be using build 792.

Given that build 792 is being used in that screenshot, I'd try this:
uninstall MsgPlus, reboot, temporarily disable any antivirus/antispyware software, and reinstall MsgPlus Live.

Oh, and if you used a patch for Messenger, try reinstalling Messenger.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Ingiliz_cezahsi on 06-25-2006 at 01:17 AM

Same here, i tried a fresh reinstall of both messenger and Plus; to no avail

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Nagamasa on 06-25-2006 at 01:53 AM

I've tried everything except re-installing Windows, which I dont plan to do, and it still doesnt work.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by - DCA - on 06-25-2006 at 02:01 AM

Same problem here :(

RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 02:03 AM

Same problem here:(

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Menthix on 06-25-2006 at 02:04 AM

To everyone who has this problem:

Could you guys post some more info?

• What version of Windows?
  • Which service pack installed (if you know)?
  • Exact version of Messenger?
  • Do you also have other Messenger versions installed/running except Live Messenger (MSN Messenger?)
  • Do you use any other Messenger plugins/addon?
  • Do you use and visualization software like StyleXP, WindowBlinds or any other "themeing software"?
  • Do you use any kind of antivirus/firewall/antispyware that could be blocking things, which?
Please answer these questions as much and as detailed as you can so Patchou can try to find a fix for this.
RE: Error loading Plus! live by Nagamasa on 06-25-2006 at 02:06 AM

Windows XP with Service Pack 1 or 2
WLM Version 8.0.0792
no
no
StyleXP
Zone Alarm but turned off

RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 02:07 AM

I don't have any service pack installed, Using build latest one 0792. No Other msn live installed. Only have the latest mess patch for it. and no to the other things. And windows xp i have of course.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Nick2k6 on 06-25-2006 at 02:15 AM

Hello guys,
I have also the same problem. But i have tested Plus Live in both PC's. The one has Windows XP no service packs installed, and StyleXP also. No other antivirus software or stuff. In this PC Plus Live doesn't work.

In my laptop, i have Windows XP SP2 with no StyleXP installed, and again no other particular software and here Plus Live works like a charm.

So the main suspect is either StyleXP or the Service Packs, but i doubt to be the 2nd one.
A fix have to be released soon i think to this problem.
In both PC's i use the 787 version.

RE: RE: Error loading Plus! live by - DCA - on 06-25-2006 at 02:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX

• Do you also have other Messenger versions installed/running except Live Messenger (MSN Messenger?)
  • Do you use and visualization software like StyleXP, WindowBlinds or any other "themeing software"?
  • Do you use any kind of antivirus/firewall/antispyware that could be blocking things, which?
Please answer these questions as much and as detailed as you can so Patchou can try to find a fix for this.

Windows XP, without Service Pack
Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0787.00
Only Live Messenger installed
Not others plugins/addons
Without this kind of software
Firewall Zone Alarm, AntiSpyware (Ad-Aware, Spybot and Spyware Blaster)

Hope you can solve this problem to us!

I tried reinstalling MPL with firewall/antispy disabled, but nothing has changed.
RE: Error loading Plus! live by - DCA - on 06-25-2006 at 02:18 AM

Humm, as Nick2k6 said...

I think the problem is with Service Packs, right?

RE: RE: Error loading Plus! live by Nagamasa on 06-25-2006 at 02:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nick2k6
So the main suspect is either StyleXP or the Service Packs, but i doubt to be the 2nd one.
A fix have to be released soon i think to this problem.
In both PC's i use the 787 version.

*Nagamasa gets really tired replying to and going back and forth between threads in MP! L and WLM.

Maybe, but I dont see a relationship between StyleXP and MP!L
RE: RE: Error loading Plus! live by Karlita x_X on 06-25-2006 at 02:25 AM

quote:

I got the same problem... :(
-Windows XP
-sp1
- WLM Version 8.0.0792
- No
- No
- No
- It snt blockin' it
RE: Error loading Plus! live by Menthix on 06-25-2006 at 02:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NagamasaAzai
There have been problems with such theming applications in the past. Messenger Plus! uses a hooking function to get it's menuitem in WLM, applications with StyleXP can mess this up.

Can you temponary unload StyleXP completely (so go back to Windows default theme and make sure StyleXP is shutdown completely) and see if installation succeeds then and loads?

If that doesn't help you could also try uninstalling StyleXP, reboot and try again.

At least we're sure it is StyleXP then and Patchou can look if it's possible to fix.
RE: Error loading Plus! live by skai on 06-25-2006 at 02:27 AM

* Windows XP
* no
* no
* StyleXP
* bitdefender professional plus

RE: RE: Error loading Plus! live by Nagamasa on 06-25-2006 at 02:27 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NagamasaAzai
There have been problems with such theming applications in the past. Messenger Plus! uses a hooking function to get it's menuitem in WLM, applications with StyleXP can mess this up.

Can you temponary unload StyleXP completely (so go back to Windows default theme and make sure StyleXP is shutdown completely) and see if installation succeeds then and loads?

If that doesn't help you could also try uninstalling StyleXP, reboot and try again.

At least we're sure it is StyleXP then and Patchou can look if it's possible to fix.

Attempt started. Please wait while Nagamasa works on this.
RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 02:31 AM

I dunno why im having problems though with mine i don't have the service pack or even style xp installed on mine and it does the same thing. I was looking forward to using it too it's weird how some people aren't having the problem. But oh well there probably is a solution somehow.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by GiBraiNe on 06-25-2006 at 02:32 AM

I think the problem is going to be the non service pack, because I also don't have installed any on Windows XP Professional.

For themes, I have the patch for uxtheme (StyleXP I think), but this is very used arround, so I don't thinks this is the problem.

I hope a fix deal with this, because I don't want to install Service Packs xD

I only use Plus! and Free-AV, SpyBot and without firewall.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Phish3121 on 06-25-2006 at 02:35 AM

Im also on XP Pro, with no Service pack. And I do not have StyleXP installed.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Nagamasa on 06-25-2006 at 02:43 AM

Attempt finished. Attempt failed.

Ca va mal Patchou! J'aime Messenger Plus! et il ne peut pas faire sa travaille! (I am from Ontario, Canada so thats why I'm billingual.)

EDIT: Attempt shall be attempted tomorrow due to the fact that the attempter shall have enough rest. lol this is a really funny way to write.

EDIT 2: Attempter changed his mind. Due to following posts, the attempt is cancelled, but the attempter itself is going to rest anyways.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Nick2k6 on 06-25-2006 at 02:44 AM

Guys it has to do with the Service Packs i think. I attempted to unload styleXP, revert to the default theme, kill the service, reinistalled both WLM and Live Plus, and again the same, it doesn't work. So StyleXP can't be the problem after all as many people here, don't have it installed and again they have the same error.

RE: RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 02:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by GiBraiNe
I think the problem is going to be the non service pack, because I also don't have installed any on Windows XP Professional.

For themes, I have the patch for uxtheme (StyleXP I think), but this is very used arround, so I don't thinks this is the problem.

I hope a fix deal with this, because I don't want to install Service Packs xD

I only use Plus! and Free-AV, SpyBot and without firewall.

Well it can't be the service pack part cause some people that posted earlier there info have service pack 1 or 2 installed and same problem. And i don't have any service packs installed and get the same problem.
RE: Error loading Plus! live by Nick2k6 on 06-25-2006 at 02:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by doug2k2
Well it can't be the service pack part cause some people that posted earlier there info have service pack 1 or 2 installed and same problem.

I think that most of the people that have the problem have either no service packs or SP1. I didn't spot anyone with SP2 having the problem.
RE: Error loading Plus! live by Hank on 06-25-2006 at 02:50 AM

My guess SP2 has to be installed?

RE: Error loading Plus! live by evil^milk on 06-25-2006 at 02:51 AM

Could it be a problem with the hosts file? Can anyone with a system that runs MSG PLUS Live without problems post their own hosts file? It is located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Menthix on 06-25-2006 at 02:52 AM

Hmm, you might actually be correct on that one Animal. But strange it doesn't just say "You don't have SP2. You must have SP2 for Plus! to run, download it here" or something.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Nick2k6 on 06-25-2006 at 02:54 AM

Here it is, the hosts file of my laptop with SP2. Here Plus Live works ok:

127.0.0.1       localhost

127.0.0.1 muser.messenger.hotmail.com

127.0.0.1 muser.messenger.hotmail.com

RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 02:56 AM

Skai has service pack 2 installed cause 1st question was what os are you using she has Windows xp for there then what service pack installed if any she put a 2 in there which means service pack 2 and has the same problem.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Nick2k6 on 06-25-2006 at 03:03 AM

We will see doug2k2, till now most of the people that has the problem are the those with no sp installed. If more people confirms that they have the problem and are on SP2 then the problem might be elsewhere.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 03:07 AM

Im hoping it's not cause of not having service pack 2 installed that it turns out to be cause i had tons of problems with programs not running when i had sp2 installed that got fixed by removing it.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Nick2k6 on 06-25-2006 at 03:09 AM

Yes i know, there are indeed tons of incompatibilities. If you want better put SP1 that has less incompatibilities, and you are more secure anyway from not having SP at all

RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 03:14 AM

Im also thinking too Messenger Plus for 7.5 etc that one worked for everybody even that didn't have any service pack installed or installed so it might just be a little tweak somewhere that's hard to find but once u find it it fixes that one problem.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Nick2k6 on 06-25-2006 at 03:17 AM

It is sure something minor i believe, and if Patchou finds it, he will release a fix for sure.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 03:29 AM

yup it sucks that this happened to some of the people like me but im patient i can wait till Patchou releases a fix for it hell i  got use to no color in my name for a long time haha when i first installed windows live beta when it was in beta stages what's a couple more days gonna do to me hehe.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Darken on 06-25-2006 at 03:30 AM

Installed Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0792 + Messenger Plus! Live on two computers (Windows XP Pro SP2 with all latest patch and Windows MCE 2005 SP2 with all latest patch) and MP! L won't load. :(

RE: RE: Error loading Plus! live by jegar on 06-25-2006 at 03:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by - DCA -
Humm, as Nick2k6 said...

I think the problem is with Service Packs, right?

It's not the service packs, I am running Windows XP Home with both SP1 and SP2 installed, with the latest Mess Patch from mess.be  installed on Live Messenger Version 8.0.0792.  MSGPlusLive! downloaded and installed with no problems.  I am using Sygate Home Edition as a fire wall and Avast! as my virus checker.  I also have Spyware Terminator installed and running.

I think this is bloody hilarious, I downloaded it so I could see what was so freaking good about it.  I wasn't all that impressed with the last beta version I managed to get a hold of (MSGPlus! beta 4.0.0266) and now I seem to be among a growing few who dont have problems with it.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Nick2k6 on 06-25-2006 at 03:44 AM

Hehe yeah we are used in waits you see, some days more can't do any harm, or they can:P:P:P
Hmm Darken try to use the 787 edition  and see if it works. I think Windows MCE has incompatibilities with Plus Live. Try it on Windows XP. If it doesn't work, then SP2 might not be the suspect, we will see.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Darken on 06-25-2006 at 03:50 AM

@ Nick2k6 : thanx for the reply, but I don't want to downgrade my stuffs for just play with this addon... :)

RE: Error loading Plus! live by ksyeoh on 06-25-2006 at 04:27 AM

Yeah My WLM can detect live plus!!
By the way i have face the same problem with u all, but once i uninstall the MSN messenger plus version 3, then the live plus automatic can detect after i restart messenger!
Install Live plus whould not overwrite the MSN messenger PLus version 3, so we have to uninstall it in our own.
hope that this help for u!

RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 04:32 AM

nope that solution didn't work either.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 04:41 AM

Would just like to say it works on latest msgr build here on a vista beta 2 install.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by GiBraiNe on 06-25-2006 at 04:45 AM

I uninstalled everything, cleaned the registry ... and nothing :(

RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 04:47 AM

yeah same here just did that too all we can do now is wait till patchou sees this thread and knows what's wrong.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Panzer Dragoon on 06-25-2006 at 04:48 AM

i am having this problem
everytime i try to use any of the in-chat features like the instant sounds it wont let me why is this ?

RE: Error loading Plus! live by lordsmish on 06-25-2006 at 04:50 AM

Same problem as above restarting msn reinstalling plus and reinstalling comp doesnt help.

RE: RE: Error loading Plus! live by Karlita x_X on 06-25-2006 at 04:52 AM

quote:
I uninstalled everything, cleaned the registry ... and nothing :(

I did the same!!! :(
RE: Error loading Plus! live by 5n1p3r944 on 06-25-2006 at 04:55 AM

ive tried just about everything deleting everything to do with msg and every plug in, ive even tried it on both sp1 and sp2 on winxp still nothin I NEED MY PLUS! my messenger is incomplete without it!! lol ive become addicted to it and ya know how druggies get when they dont get their drugs

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 04:57 AM

You'll like it when you get it, I love it!!1 *cough*

Yes, I was typing msgPlus commands in WLM for the 2 months I used it without. heh...

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Nick2k6 on 06-25-2006 at 04:57 AM

ksyeoh i unistalled messnenger plus 3, but again no change. Apart from that couldn't be a problem. As long as Msgplus.exe process is not on, Messenger plus 3, is like it's not exist, so that couldn't lead to conflicts with Plus Live. Apart from that Plus Live is running with another way, not like Plus 3, as i can see.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by metalero on 06-25-2006 at 05:01 AM

same problem, i have windowx xp with SP 1 , and no style xp ............ ToT

RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 05:02 AM

What i discovered is in the folder for interface or scripts there both blank just those folders with no files in it being blank is the cause of Messenger Plus not being able to run properly.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 05:03 AM

Just thought, try checking the NT error log @ control panel -> administrative tools -> computer management

edit: oh just saw the fix above :P
editedit: theyre blank here and it works fine. maybe not.

RE: RE: Error loading Plus! live by Kero-chan on 06-25-2006 at 05:06 AM

quote:

Iīm really having trouble...
-Windows XP
-No idea
-I installed MSN 7.0, but it isnīt running
-No
-No
-I donīt think AVG is actually blocking this, because it doesnīt block anything, everything that I download is checked, after downloading.
RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 05:07 AM

oh hmmmm then i don't know what is missing from making it load i mean it's not a service pack problem as now 2 or 3 more sp 2 or even 1 or none have the same problem so yeah hmm it's a mystery all right.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by haydos on 06-25-2006 at 05:09 AM

quote:
What i discovered is in the folder for interface or scripts there both blank just those folders with no files in it being blank is the cause of Messenger Plus not being able to run properly.
This is because you currently don't have any scripts or interface files ;)

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 05:09 AM

at poster "really having trouble," you need msn version 8, and can find out servicepacks and exact version with windowskey+pause|break

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Kero-chan on 06-25-2006 at 05:12 AM

I already have Windows Live Messenger, or MSN 8.0... And no, I cannot find out what "servicepacks and exact version with windowskey+pause|break", because I donīt know how too, and practicly didnīt understand the underlined part.

RE: RE: Error loading Plus! live by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 05:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kero-chan
I already have Windows Live Messenger, or MSN 8.0...

Ah, your OP said 7. :)
RE: RE: RE: Error loading Plus! live by Kero-chan on 06-25-2006 at 05:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Techboy__
quote:
Originally posted by Kero-chan
I already have Windows Live Messenger, or MSN 8.0...

Ah, your OP said 7. :)

Ok, my mistake then.
RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 05:17 AM

Well i can't try to fix it myself haha i got no more ideas or suggestions left on what it can be i got all the required files installed maybe patchou will know what is happening.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 05:20 AM

Did any of you check the error log like I suggested above?
As for the "underlined part", hold the key on your keyboard with the windows logo and then press the "Pause|Break" key. It'll open system properties. that lists version and service packs.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 05:25 AM

Yeah i checked the error logs and nothing at all about messenger plus in it.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Kero-chan on 06-25-2006 at 05:27 AM

Techboy, what key are you talking about??

RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 05:30 AM

Kero chan he means the windows button that should say start on yours like mine and then after scroll lock there's pause break u press those two and it'll pop up the system properties box.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by 5n1p3r944 on 06-25-2006 at 05:36 AM

i was wondering could the virus scanner that is built into live be blocking plus!live????

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 05:41 AM

First off, yeah, doug2k2 got it. Second off, sniper944, no, it isnt, because it works here.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 05:43 AM

It's a error that just doesn't wanna give the information fully haha it doesn't show itself in the error logs so i dunno haha

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Chestah on 06-25-2006 at 05:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 5n1p3r944
i was wondering could the virus scanner that is built into live be blocking plus!live????

Try disabling your antivirus temporarily while you install Messenger Plus! Then re-enable it afterwards and please post back if this works for you.

RE: RE: Error loading Plus! live by Kero-chan on 06-25-2006 at 05:49 AM

quote:
Kero chan he means the windows button that should say start on yours like mine and then after scroll lock there's pause break u press those two and it'll pop up the system properties box.

That doesnīt happen, well, atleast on my computer, it doesnīt.
RE: Error loading Plus! live by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 05:50 AM

then right click on "My Computer" and go to properties, it does the same.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 05:50 AM

hmm that's weird another way to see the system properties is right click on your  my computer and go properties then it'll still dot he same thing. I'll try disabling my anti virus for now too and see if that makes Messenger Plus work. Nope still the same error.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Patchou on 06-25-2006 at 05:51 AM

to people who are currently expriencing this problem: please send an email to *** and I'll work on that with you. The cause is probably a software installed on your system that causes Plus! to fail loading (I may be able to fix it when I see what it is exactly).

Edit: got enough emails to diagnose the problem already, thank you :)

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 05:52 AM

dun-dun.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 05:55 AM

k patchou sent u a email :)

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Kero-chan on 06-25-2006 at 06:15 AM

Ok, I'll do that then.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by bee_honey on 06-25-2006 at 06:17 AM

:@Am so disappointed. Had to go back to 7.5 :@

Just let know when a better version will be out..ugh

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Panzer Dragoon on 06-25-2006 at 06:21 AM

i have sent a post in the new topic about its public release about a MAJOR problem i am having if you want patchou i will mail you about it and we can try and sort this out because i a not the ony one having this problem :-(

RE: Error loading Plus! live by GiBraiNe on 06-25-2006 at 06:22 AM

bee_honey, mal agradecido ... haz tu propio software y no vuelvas ŽŽ

Patchou, any specific info in the email? So I will send it too.

I hope we find the damn conflicticiuos software and a new MPL could be released very soon :D

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Patchou on 06-25-2006 at 06:24 AM

nothing specific, just remind me it's about this problem.

been_honey: this is most likely caused by an incompatiblity with another software installed on your system, it's not directly a bug in Plus! although I'll do my best to go around it :).

RE: RE: Error loading Plus! live by Kero-chan on 06-25-2006 at 06:25 AM

quote:
bee_honey, mal agradecido ... haz tu propio software y no vuelvas ŽŽ

Patchou, any specific info in the email? So I will send it too.

I hope we find the damn conflicticiuos software and a new MPL could be released very soon :D

Yeah, that, what he said, exactly what he said.
RE: Error loading Plus! live by bee_honey on 06-25-2006 at 06:26 AM

quote:
, mal agradecido ... haz tu propio software y no vuelvas

Ha-ha-ha
but it's frustrating...waiting for that for so long...so
RE: Error loading Plus! live by Patchou on 06-25-2006 at 06:33 AM

don't worry, I'll release an update soon to fix these kinds of annoying problems. On the millions of people using Plus!, this was bound to happen to some of them :p.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by bee_honey on 06-25-2006 at 06:35 AM

ok:)

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 06:37 AM

On a whim.. try downloading from:
http://msgplus.ikhost.net/MsgPlusLive-400.exe

RE: Error loading Plus! live by bee_honey on 06-25-2006 at 06:38 AM

what's the difference?

RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 06:39 AM

k patchou i sent you another email with the stuff you needed:)

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Panzer Dragoon on 06-25-2006 at 06:41 AM

patchou i know you are working hard and everything.. but i thought i would address this issue with the head of command here

i have not been a pluss user for a long time but in the short ammount of time i used plus! 3.63 i grew to love it like i love msn itself

i have tried to download plus live almost everywere but no matter what it does not let me use the functions... the only thing it lets me do just now is look at it

i cant change my name colour
i cant send auto sounds
i cant open any of the little icons in the chat bar
my personal status auto message does not get sent when someone starts a convo with me
my quick texts dont work

as you can see this is almost every feature of Plus! Live i cannot use

if anyone has a reason to why this has happened please let me know because i have posted in the help threads and when i went into the actuall help chat it was only people needing help there and a few people with the same problems.

also when i downloaded the file from the official site my antivirus detected multiple trojans inside it (i dont know if they are there for a reason or if someone has leached them to the download link but i thought i better tell you)

pm me if you have a soloution to the problem and i will be sure to tell others with the same problem as me

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Patchou on 06-25-2006 at 06:53 AM

Panzer: please send me an email and we'll see about that. Also, make sure you're not running any patch (and if you had patched Messenger, please to reinstall WLM)

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Patchou on 06-25-2006 at 06:54 AM

Update!

I may have found at least one reason that would explain the not loading problem: you need Windows XP SP1 or above to run Messenger Plus! Live 4.00. This will be fixed in the next update but in the meantime, I strongly encourage anybody using Windows XP without any service pack to udpate (at least for the sake of their system).

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Sandman on 06-25-2006 at 06:59 AM

Strange, i got SP1 and i also cant run the new Messenger Plus!

RE: Error loading Plus! live by hunPaladin on 06-25-2006 at 07:00 AM

i have SP1 on my system but but still it isnt working!!

RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 07:03 AM

Thanks patchou for the file you sent me by email it now works fully even on a non service pack windows xp im using:)

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Sandman on 06-25-2006 at 07:04 AM

Ehm, what file? ..If it solves the problem could u then upload it Patchou? ..

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Kero-chan on 06-25-2006 at 07:06 AM

Sandman, you have to send an e-mail to Patchou, he will help you.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 07:10 AM

hmm details please :) or irc please, where there are many people making little sense

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Panzer Dragoon on 06-25-2006 at 07:10 AM

patchou i cant send an email cause i dont know your address as it is now been ***'d

P.S i have opened a thread for people with the same problem (or close to it) if you could take the poll and maybe post in it with your specs i am sure this would help patchou instead of his email box getting flooded

RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 07:20 AM

Like patchou said you must send a email to him he gave out his address and he'll fix you on your way no matter what service pack you have or don't even have one. All i need to figure out now if it's possible to get the says in color too.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by FoxOak on 06-25-2006 at 07:23 AM

What version of Windows?

Which service pack installed (if you know)?

Exact version of Messenger?

Do you also have other Messenger versions installed/running except Live Messenger (MSN Messenger?)

Do you use any other Messenger plugins/addon?

Do you use and visualization software like StyleXP, WindowBlinds or any other "themeing software"?

Do you use any kind of antivirus/firewall/antispyware that could be blocking things, which?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
windows XP

Possible SP1 installed

Final . 8.0.0792.00

No have nothing other version installed

Dont use other Plugin

no have programs of Theme

Antivirus: Mcafee Virusscan 10.0/Mcafee Firewall plus 7.1 / Spybot1.4 and microsoft Antispyware BETA1

*-------------------------

Plus Not loaded
some error

------------------------------------------------
Thanks

Sorry patchou but, I installed de plus Beta 4  and loaded correct

But now i Installed Public  version of plus Plus not is loaded in start of WLM

sorry , i am brazilian, dont have um good english

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Sandman on 06-25-2006 at 07:23 AM

Well, whats his adress then?!

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Kero-chan on 06-25-2006 at 07:25 AM

Well, in page 9 he edited his post saying that he got enough e-mails to diagnosticate the problem so, we just have to wait.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by danielh on 06-25-2006 at 07:26 AM

can anybody post patchou eemail

RE: Error loading Plus! live by doug2k2 on 06-25-2006 at 07:27 AM

Yeah he'll post a fix for you to download since he knows the problem now and then it'll all work.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Kero-chan on 06-25-2006 at 07:28 AM

You forgot to say that we hope that.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Techboy__ on 06-25-2006 at 07:35 AM

Alot of people with no clue on IRC. Will there be a release with the "fixed" version soon or what? :z

Doesn't matter to me all that much, but still.

RE: Error loading Plus! live by hunPaladin on 06-25-2006 at 07:41 AM

Come on somebody pls post it up i cant wait iam adicted to msg plus!

RE: Error loading Plus! live by holgie on 06-25-2006 at 07:48 AM

Well I'm using XP with the latest MSN LIVE version and no SP installed. I hope there is a way to get it to work, I read about some file by patchou, I really hope it works cause I don't really wanna work without the plus pack, it gives it so much more than just the plain Messenger Plus...

I hope for news! thanks:)

RE: Error loading Plus! live by no gun on 06-25-2006 at 07:50 AM

they fixin it now... mmm will work on non SP comps i hear... cos i dont like SPs :p

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Panzer Dragoon on 06-25-2006 at 07:52 AM

what is the ETA of the fix build ?
will it fix the problem of not being able to use functions ?

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Colin-uk on 06-25-2006 at 07:53 AM

Yeah doesnt work for me either...same problem

Windows XP Pro
SP2 Installed
WLM 8.0 Build 787
I dont have any other messenger clients or addons installed
Im using WindowBlinds for skinning
i dont have a firewall / anti virus installed so nothing is blocking it

I also noticed, there is no actual executable now, its all dll based

I didnt notice any startup entry anywhere for MPL..?

how does MPL run at startup?

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Panzer Dragoon on 06-25-2006 at 07:55 AM

it starts when WLM starts

RE: Error loading Plus! live by no gun on 06-25-2006 at 07:56 AM

4.00.235 just released

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Colin-uk on 06-25-2006 at 07:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Panzer Dragoon
it starts when WLM starts

I see...i guess it just hooks into wlm from the startup

quote:
Originally posted by no gun
4.00.235 just released

link? :P

RE: Error loading Plus! live by holgie on 06-25-2006 at 08:00 AM

works just fine, i just installed it.. thanks a bunch patchou!!:)

RE: Error loading Plus! live by no gun on 06-25-2006 at 08:01 AM

http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/

RE: Error loading Plus! live by Patchou on 06-25-2006 at 08:01 AM

lol, you're faster than me :p.

Because of the nature of the problem I decided to releae a small update immediately, this should take care of the problems reported in this thread. Keep in mind though that there are many reasons why Messenger Plus! may fail to load, even with 4.00.235 you may still get the message if somethign else prevents Plus! from hooking the functions it needs. If that's the case, please create a new thread and try to find what software may be the cause of this.