Shoutbox

iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L (/showthread.php?tid=61034)

iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 12:33 AM

Some of you may have seen World Cup Live 2006 already, and maybe seen a glimpse of iTunes+... anyway, now they're both publically available here:

http://msig.info/plusscripts/

If you use iTunes, you'll wanna give iTunes+ a try... and if you don't... why not try iTunes, then give iTunes+ a try!

Feature List

• Control iTunes via commands and menu items, pause, skip tracks etc
  • Can change your DP to the current album art
  • Can easily show your contacts what you're listening to, and send it to them (or even copy it to the sharing folder), simply by typing a command or choosing a menu option
  • It has a built in track editor so you can change incorrect details without even opening iTunes
  • iTunes+ has a built in lyrics viewer that shows you lyrics saved in your iTunes Library or from the internet, and can save downloaded lyrics to your iTunes library
  • Also includes other miscellaneous features, like showing your contacts stats about your iTunes library

iTunes+ also makes an excellent example script for developers looking to learn plus scripting, as it contains windows, events, COM objects, menus, commands, tags (with full [n] support), language options, registry reading/writing, file reading and interaction with the internet.

Here's a few screenshots of iTunes+ in action:

[Image: menu_th.png]  [Image: lyricswnd_th.png]

[Image: miniplayer_th.png]  [Image: options_th.png]

[Image: playlist_th.png]  [Image: language_th.png]

[Image: playcommand_th.png]  [Image: showing_th.png]

[Image: clistplayer_th.png]

Please report bugs, make suggestions and... enjoy!

If you like iTunes+, please rate it in the script DB: http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/index.php?act=view&id=16
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by aNILEator on 06-25-2006 at 12:37 AM

it has been an honour to test iTunes+ over the last few weeks I personally see it as the best script yet, and things will only get better, Alex has some good plans and i find it a shame that he wasn't accepted onto teh beta list as he would surely have won the competition we just had running before release :)

enjoy his scripts i look forward to many more

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 12:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
it has been an honour to test iTunes+ over the last few weeks I personally see it as the best script yet, and things will only get better, Alex has some good plans and i find it a shame that he wasn't accepted onto teh beta list as he would surely have won the competition we just had running before release :)

enjoy his scripts i look forward to many more

Thank you. :)

Please check the about window after you install, my testers and translators deserve credit for being very useful. :)

Some of the best features have come from their suggestions. :P
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE- on 06-25-2006 at 12:47 AM

Hey alex. I used Messpatch to get rid of the searchbar and entertainment add at the bottom of the contact list on wlmessenger. Would the itunes+ miniplayer still work at the bottom even tho i removed the add and search bar?

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 12:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE-
Hey alex. I used Messpatch to get rid of the searchbar and entertainment add at the bottom of the contact list on wlmessenger. Would the itunes+ miniplayer still work at the bottom even tho i removed the add and search bar?

It should, it'd just cover up some of your contact list.  It's a buggy feature in all honesty and while it's cool I don't guarantee it to work.  (Though not buggy in a break your PC way, it just might not work :P )

The standard mini player window can be opened and positioned anywhere you like though. :)
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE- on 06-25-2006 at 12:51 AM

OK glad to hear :) Cant wait to use it!

Ugh.. Something is blocking my messenger to showing what im listening to. Can anyone help? I know its not +itunes. WMP is doing it too.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Reload2 on 06-25-2006 at 12:55 AM

Yeah, your script is the best script for MP!L :D I'm using it and it's great ;) few bugs but it's still great :)

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by aNILEator on 06-25-2006 at 01:05 AM

what bugs are you experiencing?

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Reload2 on 06-25-2006 at 01:09 AM

I have already reported them to Alex via msn. But the bugs are: I mess patched to remove the ads, and when I chose to show the mini player instead of the ads, it doesn't work.

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 01:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Reload2
I have already reported them to Alex via msn. But the bugs are: I mess patched to remove the ads, and when I chose to show the mini player instead of the ads, it doesn't work.

This shouldn't be a problem, but as I stated above: MiniPlayer Advert replacer won't necessarily work, it's not perfect.

-DiStUrBeDzOmBiE- : not sure about the listening to problem...
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by giken on 06-25-2006 at 01:26 AM

Can you code a version for windows media player 11? :)

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 01:28 AM

I think the advert replacer problem was due to a lack of windows messenger by the way...

quote:
Originally posted by giken
Can you code a version for windows media player 11? :)

My plan is hopefully to code versions for as many media players as possible and make the request functions and such compatible between scripts.  If anyone would like to help me in this noble goal, please PM me. :P
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 01:29 AM

best script i've seen so far!

suggestion:
an "/iedit" command to edit the current song (like the edit song option from the mini player)

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 01:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jellings

suggestion:
an "/iedit" command to edit the current song (like the edit song option from the mini player)

And I believe /songedit is what you're looking for! :)

Check the help / readme for a complete command list.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by snAke_LeAder on 06-25-2006 at 01:39 AM

i can only do one thing: attach to what aNILEator wrote

it was a honour 4 me to test and translate iTunes+

i switched to iTunes for translating and testing this script , i love it and i use iTunes as my favourite player now. Alex did the best script for plus,  :) it has good ideas for his following projects, and i can't wait for it

and hey does anybody know his web2messenger image gen,  makes the best status images for Web2Mesenger, WebDP, Ben's Bot, Mess Labs and xfire, it does the best status images i have ever seen

thank u very much 4 iTunes Plus Alex you're a great coder :)

RE: RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 01:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_ad
quote:

suggestion:

And I believe /songedit is what you're looking for! :)

Check the help / readme for a complete command list.

ah ok thanks! ^_^
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 01:48 AM

WOW!!!!!

Just found the most amazing thing about this - the "/lyrics" thing finds lyrics that i don't have, and then i can save it to iTunes. That is amazingly usefull! it takes all the bother out of searching the internet for lyrics i don't have. THANK YOU!

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by ykz on 06-25-2006 at 02:00 AM

it seems like the itunes+  miniplayer wont refresh the songinfo until you click on the prev or next button on the miniplayer..

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 02:02 AM

quote:

Just found the most amazing thing about this - the "/lyrics" thing finds lyrics that i don't have, and then i can save it to iTunes. That is amazingly usefull! it takes all the bother out of searching the internet for lyrics i don't have. THANK YOU!

Glad you like it, gonna add a similair thing for album art soon.  You can open lyrics from the menu too, not just the command.  EDIT: And in the options you can set it to save downloaded lyrics automatically too.

quote:
Originally posted by ykz
it seems like the itunes+  miniplayer wont refresh the songinfo until you click on the prev or next button on the miniplayer..
It should refresh every five seconds on a timer, if you keep having this problem, please contact me for some debugging. :P
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by ykz on 06-25-2006 at 02:06 AM

after 4 songs the miniplayer still hasn't refreshed...
when i pause the song and let it play again via the miniplayer it doesn't refresh too..

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by markee on 06-25-2006 at 02:27 AM

Great stuff and thanks for the help (y) cheers!

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 02:56 AM

suggestions:

-being able to type "CTRL+S" to save lyrics in the lyrics screen

-being able to edit lyrics in the lyrics screen

-option to change lyrics site for the lyrics (if possible)

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Skyler0 on 06-25-2006 at 03:13 AM

wow.. just tried this script, and I must say, I am loving it. The /play command, plus the DP-gen. So many cool things :D

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by markee on 06-25-2006 at 03:14 AM

Suggestions:

-it would be nice to change between different playlists

-being able to go to next artist using the quick text

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Skyler0 on 06-25-2006 at 03:22 AM

AH

I have a suggestion. I just went into the "My Displayer Picure changer" (the one for WLM), and every artwork that's been genned, is now in that list. idk if its possible or not, but it would be VERY handy to be able to stop it from doing that, as so it doesn't clog up the list.

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 03:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Skyler0
AH

I have a suggestion. I just went into the "My Displayer Picure changer" (the one for WLM), and every artwork that's been genned, is now in that list. idk if its possible or not, but it would be VERY handy to be able to stop it from doing that, as so it doesn't clog up the list.

i think it said somewhere in the readme or something that it can't delete the old pics, not sure though, but i think you'll have to delete them manually
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Skyler0 on 06-25-2006 at 03:26 AM

Oh ok, I didn't read the readme in full. That sucks though. Still great plugin though ^_^

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by -Bogan- on 06-25-2006 at 04:24 AM

This is by far the best thing I have ever seen especially the lyrics importer. Big thumbs up from me...

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by fergofrog on 06-25-2006 at 05:03 AM

Hey this script rocks thanks heaps!

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by -Bogan- on 06-25-2006 at 05:29 AM

A suggestion for the lyrics importer is that of an auto refresh when song changes because at the moment it doesn't change for each new song just the first one unless you do it yourself. If you could add this in it would be greatly appreciated.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by haydos on 06-25-2006 at 05:35 AM

Wow, this really is an amazing script, I'm loving it (y)

The only issue I am having is that on the Mini Player, the song does not update (ie refresh) automatically. Other than that, 10 out of 10, awsome work

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by t1a0s on 06-25-2006 at 06:18 AM

This is an amazing script! Well done. I've used things like this in the past but never this powerful:)

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 08:54 AM

quote:
suggestions:

-being able to type "CTRL+S" to save lyrics in the lyrics screen

-being able to edit lyrics in the lyrics screen

-option to change lyrics site for the lyrics (if possible)

Chagning lyrics site would be a bit tough, the other things I'll look into, editable lyrics is simple, that'll be in the next update if you want it.

quote:
Suggestions:

-it would be nice to change between different playlists

-being able to go to next artist using the quick text

Quick playlist changer was requested by someone else so I'll give that a shot, next artist command... probably possible, I'll give that a try too.

quote:
As Jellings said, you were warned about this, and not even in the readme, when you turn the option on you are shown a warning box informing you that it's impossible to remove added DPs for now, so it's nothing something I can do...

quote:
The only issue I am having is that on the Mini Player, the song does not update (ie refresh) automatically. Other than that, 10 out of 10, awsome work
Heard that a couple times, working to fix that.

quote:
A suggestion for the lyrics importer is that of an auto refresh when song changes because at the moment it doesn't change for each new song just the first one unless you do it yourself. If you could add this in it would be greatly appreciated.
Had a feeling this might come up, OK, I'll do that.

And thanks for all the positive comments, much appreciated. (Y)
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by futb0l on 06-25-2006 at 09:34 AM

How would you request to others to send the song they are currently playing?

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 09:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by futb0l

You can either type "%filerequest%" (minus the quotes) or select the toption in the menu.  It only works with other iTunes+ users though.
RE: RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by futb0l on 06-25-2006 at 09:39 AM

quote:
quote:

You can either type "%filerequest%" (minus the quotes) or select the toption in the menu.  It only works with other iTunes+ users though.

How come this is not in the readme?

But anyways, great work man - this is one of  the best plugins I've ever used. The display picture art feature in particular is awesome.
Btw, is there any program that can batch delete display pictures?
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by vaccination on 06-25-2006 at 09:40 AM

I'm loving this script! seriously its soo helpfull, i espically like the way that if you don't any album art for a particular song it puts up the little DP with the track you are listening to! very good keep up the good work!

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 09:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
I'm loving this script! seriously its soo helpfull, i espically like the way that if you don't any album art for a particular song it puts up the little DP with the track you are listening to! very good keep up the good work!
Thanks, I love that feature too. ;)

quote:
How come this is not in the readme?

But anyways, great work man - this is one of  the best plugins I've ever used. The display picture art feature in particular is awesome.
Btw, is there any program that can batch delete display pictures?
It's not in the readme because I thought most people would run it from the menu but I might add it...

Display pic deletion... just select the top one and hammer the remove button. ;)
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Matti on 06-25-2006 at 09:45 AM

I didn't install it yet, but listening to those comments, the enlisted features and the screenshots I can say that this script is very hard to beat! :D
Thumbs up, alex! :)

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by -Bogan- on 06-25-2006 at 09:45 AM

Is there anyway to constantly have the DP as the track your listening to if you have the album cover??

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by futb0l on 06-25-2006 at 09:49 AM

quote:
It's not in the readme because I thought most people would run it from the menu but I might add it...

Ahh, I didn't realise that there is a menu until now :P
Anyways, is it possible to  have the song rating in the mini player?
Also, the  text in the mini player is a bit hard to read due to the colour
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 09:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -Bogan-
Is there anyway to constantly have the DP as the track your listening to if you have the album cover??
Yes, just turn it on in the options screen.  3rd checkbox.

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
I didn't install it yet, but listening to those comments, the enlisted features and the screenshots I can say that this script is very hard to beat! :D
Thumbs up, alex! :)
Thanks, but what are you waiting for?!? :P

quote:

Ahh, I didn't realise that there is a menu until now (Smilie)
Anyways, is it possible to  have the song rating in the mini player?
Also, the  text in the mini player is a bit hard to read due to the colour

Tough one... it's possible, but I know a substantial amount of people don't use ratings, and I don't want to add things to it people won't use...

And the text colour should adapt nicely to whatever colour your messenger window is... are you using an odd colour or just finding it hard to read on the default?  Seems ok to me.
RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by futb0l on 06-25-2006 at 10:05 AM

quote:
And the text colour should adapt nicely to whatever colour your messenger window is... are you using an odd colour or just finding it hard to read on the default?  Seems ok to me.

default colour - it may be just my gamma configuration though - i have an old monitor, so don't worry about that.

Regarding ratings in the mini player:
I was thinking that you can replace the 'edit info' text with star ratings and have an icon in the top right hand corner or something for 'edit info'. But nevermind...

RE: RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 10:23 AM

quote:
Regarding ratings in the mini player:
I was thinking that you can replace the 'edit info' text with star ratings and have an icon in the top right hand corner or something for 'edit info'. But nevermind...

I just don't wanna clutter the window with things a lot of people won't use.  I'll look into adding something though. *-)
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by aNILEator on 06-25-2006 at 10:28 AM

TIP: to quickly remove all the display pictures hold down ALT+R :)

and if all works you should be able to search for an update from the script soon ;)

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Pyroteq on 06-25-2006 at 10:40 AM

Very nice script. Im using it right now, great work and congradulations on making one of the first popular scripts for MP!L

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 10:41 AM

quote:
quote:

i think he meant for it to change the display pic to the current song's name (like it aparently does to songs without artwork (i don't have any songs without artwork to test it))
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 10:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
TIP: to quickly remove all the display pictures hold down ALT+R :)

and if all works you should be able to search for an update from the script soon ;)
What do you mean "if"?? :P

quote:
Originally posted by Pyroteq
Very nice script. Im using it right now, great work and congradulations n making one of the first popular scripts for MP!L
Thanks. :)
RE: RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by futb0l on 06-25-2006 at 10:51 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

i think he meant for it to change the display pic to the current song's name (like it aparently does to songs without artwork (i don't have any songs without artwork to test it))

Yeah. It will be good if there is such an option.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by -Bogan- on 06-25-2006 at 10:54 AM

Another thing how come the %duration% tag doesn't display in Min/secs it would be good if it was like -dt-'s and had [00:00/06:13] sort of thing

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 11:01 AM

quote:
Another thing how come the %duration% tag doesn't display in Min/secs it would be good if it was like -dt-'s and had [00:00/06:13] sort of thing

i never tried it 'til you said that, but yeah that's true it would be nice if it was like that.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 11:03 AM

Custom DP options (like always generate an image) was something I was planning to add next major update.

-Bogan- : %time% tag shows in minutes and seconds, and I've just added an %elapsed% tag that'll be in the next update (soon)

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Custom DP options (like always generate an image) was something I was planning to add next major update.

-Bogan- : %time% tag shows in minutes and seconds, and I've just added an %elapsed% tag that'll be in the next update (soon)

why's there  %time% and a %duration% tags? wouldn't it be best to just have one, like the above suggested
"[00:00/06:13]" (<that one would be awesome!)
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by -Bogan- on 06-25-2006 at 11:09 AM

Ok thanks just thought I'd ask cause I like your script but that feature was good in -dt-'s

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Darkshrimp on 06-25-2006 at 11:33 AM

This script is awesome, just want to congradulate you on the awesome work

[edit] um..right now i keep ongetting this msg telling me a updated version's avaliable...so i downlaoded and installed and it tells me an updated verision again, i've downlaoded 4 times already, and still keep on telling me :s

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 11:38 AM

OK, released a minor update:

* Made lyrics window editable.
* Made lyrics window refresh to match the current song
* Added %elapsed% tag  (use [%elapsed%/%time%])
* Edit:  also made a few modifications to the refreshing of the mini player, let me know if it makes any difference!

You can redownload, or in the menu select check for updates, or if you have automatic checking on... just wait!

EDIT: Darkshrimp, just released two little updates because the first one was a bit broken, make sure the script isn't being downloaded from your cache when you redownload... clear your cache or switch browser.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Darkshrimp on 06-25-2006 at 11:42 AM

by the way, is there a short cut for show current song playing?

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 11:43 AM

/showsong

Full command list in the readme.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by -Bogan- on 06-25-2006 at 11:46 AM

Thanks for the update works a treat

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by benjyrama on 06-25-2006 at 11:58 AM

great, no bugs for me so far except the miniplayer doesn show up but its not that important...

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 12:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by benjyrama
great, no bugs for me so far except the miniplayer doesn show up but its not that important...

That's important to me!  It doesn't open at all when you select it from the menu?  And you have a song playing unpaused?
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by tinpiliycfa on 06-25-2006 at 12:02 PM

can you tell me how works the /sharesong please ?

cause I tried but it seems like it did nothing to my contact.

thanks

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by benjyrama on 06-25-2006 at 12:02 PM

lol trying to sort out both scripts wiv me!!

ok erm, i clicked the miniplayer on in the config screen. saved it or whatever and then it didnt replace the advert so i even restarted msn and it still doesnt show, just shows the advert. yep songs playing in itunes

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by tinpiliycfa on 06-25-2006 at 12:04 PM

could you make a way to make viewable the mini player  in convers  and in the main folder even when we used a patch to remove the advert please. That would be amazing.

thanks a lot

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 12:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tinpiliycfa
can you tell me how works the /sharesong please ?

cause I tried but it seems like it did nothing to my contact.

thanks
That copies the song to the sharing folder if you've created one.  Use /sendsong to just send it directly.

quote:
lol trying to sort out both scripts wiv me!!

ok erm, i clicked the miniplayer on in the config screen. saved it or whatever and then it didnt replace the advert so i even restarted msn and it still doesnt show, just shows the advert. yep songs playing in itunes
quote:
y to make viewable the mini player  in convers  and in the main folder even when we used a patch to remove the advert please. That would be amazing.
OK, working on the advert mini player......
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by benjyrama on 06-25-2006 at 12:10 PM

alrite im going this betta be ready for tonite!!! joking thanx for the help its a great script overall.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by tinpiliycfa on 06-25-2006 at 12:11 PM

You are just amazing !!! well done, it's pure genius !

I even Use Itunes instead of winamp now lol.

I can't wait to see your next feautures and the miniplayer.

thanks a lot

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 12:12 PM

[Image: 15mzdco.jpg]

where the red line is it's supposed to say "as you make me feel", these lyrics were complete in itunes, but the itunes+ lyrics thing doesn't show the last few words on this song.. also i had a problem where it kept refreshing the lyrics every 3 seconds, but that doesn;t seem to be happening anymore

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by tinpiliycfa on 06-25-2006 at 12:14 PM

it refresh the lyrics every 3 sec over here and it's not easy to read that way lol

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 12:15 PM

quote:
mazing !!! well done, it's pure genius !

I can't wait to see your nex
You can see the miniplayer right now... /imini command or open it from the menu...

quote:

where the red line is it's supposed to say "as you make me feel", these lyrics were complete in itunes, but the itunes+ lyrics thing doesn't show the last few words on this song.. also i had a problem where it kept refreshing the lyrics every 3 seconds, but that doesn;t seem to be happening anymore
Ah, my Norwegian translator had this problem but no one else has... are you using a foreign version of iTunes by any chance?

EDIT:  Damn, about the refreshing, I'll fix that ASAP, expect an update shortly.  And it's 5 seconds actually. :P
RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by tinpiliycfa on 06-25-2006 at 12:18 PM

quote:
quote:
mazing !!! well done, it's pure genius !

I can't wait to see your nex
You can see the miniplayer right now... /imini command or open it from the menu...

quote:

thanks but i'm sure you could make it being fixed on the convers windows so when I talk to people I can easily switch to a songs or stuffs in the same windows... lol

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 12:19 PM

quote:
quote:

Ah, my Norwegian translator had this problem but no one else has... are you using a foreign version of iTunes by any chance?

EDIT:  Damn, about the refreshing, I'll fix that ASAP, expect an update shortly.  And it's 5 seconds actually. :P

English itunes 6.0.4.2..

and yeah the refreshing thing's happening again.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 12:24 PM

Fixed the refreshing in new update.

That's weird about the lyrics being cut off, the norwegian translator (Nitrolinken) kept asking me to fix it so in the end I made a version that logged as much info as it could about lyrics, and in the end, we found the problem was that iTunes itself wasn't returning the full lyrics when it was asked.  The script was getting them from the server fine, saving them correctly, but iTunes was just passing a cut off version of the lyrics.  I can't suggest much besides reinstalling iTunes.

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 12:28 PM

quote:
Fixed the refreshing in new update.

That's weird about the lyrics being cut off, the norwegian translator (Nitrolinken) kept asking me to fix it so in the end I made a version that logged as much info as it could about lyrics, and in the end, we found the problem was that iTunes itself wasn't returning the full lyrics when it was asked.  The script was getting them from the server fine, saving them correctly, but iTunes was just passing a cut off version of the lyrics.  I can't suggest much besides reinstalling iTunes.

it only seemed to happen with that one song, so i'm not too bothered (it wasn't even a song with a lot of lyrics so...)

that's kl about the refreshing, will update now
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by -Bogan- on 06-25-2006 at 12:32 PM

Well that refreshing problem was damn annoying.

Does anyone else have a problem with it grabbing the wrong lyrics???

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 12:33 PM

just downloaded it from the site and the refreshing think is still happening. is the new update not up yet?

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 12:38 PM

Grabs the best lyrics it can.

Make sure the script isn't being downloaded from your webcache, clear the cache / use a different brower, it should be fixed now...

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 12:42 PM

quote:
Grabs the best lyrics it can.

Make sure the script isn't being downloaded from your webcache, clear the cache / use a different brower, it should be fixed now...

i cleared the cache, and deleted itunes+ from my scripts list to make sure the new version got installed, and it's still got the refreshing problem
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by -Bogan- on 06-25-2006 at 12:42 PM

Meh anyway you can code it like Leos Lyrics for winamp or evil lyrics for Itunes and winamp??

So you can change what is searched for??

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 12:57 PM

refresh problem still exists (i downloaded the newest version, and the update feature also says no new version..)

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 01:01 PM

I'll hopefully improve lyrics soon, maybe a next result button or something.

futb0l:  yup, makes it easy when I screw up like this. :P

Jellings:  My bad, the code only worked if you auto-saved lyrics / used the iTunes library.  I've fixed that in a new update, again... hopefully properly this time. :)

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 01:11 PM

refresh problem fixed! ^_^ awesome.

it's cutting off the end of lyrics again though..
when the lyrics are found from that site they're complete, when i click save it saves the entire lyrics to iTunes, the only problem is when it tries to get the lyrics from iTunes it cuts the end off some of them.

after doing a word count in MS Word it seems that it cuts the lyrics off after about 1088 characters (including spaces)

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 01:14 PM

quote:

when the lyrics are found from that site they're complete, when i click save it saves the entire lyrics to iTunes, the only problem is when it tries to get the lyrics from iTunes it cuts the end off some of them.

after doing a word count in MS Word it seems that it cuts the lyrics off after about 1088 characters (including spaces)
Yup, as I said above, the problem definetly comes from iTunes end and there is nothing I can do apart from suggest reinstalling iTunes or something.
RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 01:17 PM

quote:
quote:

Yup, as I said above, the problem definetly comes from iTunes end and there is nothing I can do apart from suggest reinstalling iTunes or something.

:( i'll look for a newer version of iTunes (not sure what the newest version is.. i might already have it)

anyone else having this problem?
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by markee on 06-25-2006 at 01:19 PM

quote:
:( i'll look for a newer version of iTunes (not sure what the newest version is.. i might already have it)

By what alexp2_ad is saying you only need to re-install iTunes to get it to work and anyway iTunes has ana uto-update feature and a check for newest update in help anyway.
RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 01:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:

By what alexp2_ad is saying you only need to re-install iTunes to get it to work and anyway iTunes has ana uto-update feature and a check for newest update in help anyway.

ok.

i tried the auto update i'm using the current version of iTunes. i'll try re-installing later (kinda reluctantly, i've had some bad experiences with trying to get iTunes to install in the past)
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by futb0l on 06-25-2006 at 02:22 PM

A few suggestions:

- Transparency in Mini Player: Is this possible?
- Short cut key for Mini Player: It'd be great if you can have a short cut key which instantly opens up the mini player.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 02:34 PM

Transparency:  Tough one... dunno that's possible, but you could try using Vitrite, it lets you make any window transparent by hitting crtl+shift+a number, where 0 makes windows opaque and the others are levels of ransparency.

Shortcut key - might be possible with a dll, I'll look into it.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by markee on 06-25-2006 at 02:51 PM

another suggestion:  could you make a quicktext to pen iTunes?

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by haydos on 06-25-2006 at 04:02 PM

I left my computer on for a few hours while I was away, and iTunes was playing.... when I got back I had 4 "update available" windows, you may want to fix this:P

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 04:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by haydn
I left my computer on for a few hours while I was away, and iTunes was playing.... when I got back I had 4 "update available" windows, you may want to fix this:P

Lol, I'll make sure it can only be open one time in the next version...
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 04:15 PM

quote:
another suggestion:  could you make a quicktext to open iTunes?

would be very awesome, (i haven't missed an option that does this have i?)
maybe it could automatically open iTunes if you type "/play" when iTunes isn't already open?

I'd just like to say a big thank you for the work you've put into this - it's awesome!
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 04:40 PM

Thanks. :)

If you like it, rate it in the script DB: http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/index.php?act=view&id=16

There's no "Open iTunes" command, but I'll add one.  And I'll make /play start iTunes if it isn't running.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Voldemort on 06-25-2006 at 05:00 PM

hah, nice script although i dont use itunes:P
WMP plz :) (a)

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by King Of Chaos on 06-25-2006 at 05:58 PM

This is by far the best script thus far.

Is there any chance of intergrating player controls into the IM windows?

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Thor on 06-25-2006 at 06:05 PM

Alex P... Good job! (Y) (Y) (Y)

iTunes+ is the best script, I'll vote for it.

This is my first added script, just got MP!L....

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 06:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by King Of Chaos
This is by far the best script thus far.

Is there any chance of intergrating player controls into the IM windows?

like play/pause etc. buttons near the emoticon and winks buttons?
they'd be usefull, though i think typing "/play" or "/pause" is a lot simpler..
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by King Of Chaos on 06-25-2006 at 06:23 PM

Personally I'd perfer the IM player controls in the top right side of the window, or in the area where the text ad is. I also like to see album art intergrated there as well.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 06:28 PM

I could easily add something like the contact list ad replacer to integrate controls and such into convo windows, but given the fact I have received literally nothing but bad things about the CList ad replacer, I'm not sure if I should really...

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by ipab on 06-25-2006 at 06:30 PM

here is a bug :P.

when i set the option to display the CLad controller, it's not working :(.

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 06:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
here is a bug :P.

when i set the option to display the CLad controller, it's not working :(.

Check the thread, I know. :P

If you want to use the script debugger and tell me what it says when you open the CList with the option on, please do.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by tinpiliycfa on 06-25-2006 at 06:59 PM

maybe you could make the player show between both mine and my contacts avatar but reverse to make it fit and not change the messenger windows ... ?

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by benjyrama on 06-25-2006 at 07:15 PM

er did the contact list advert controller get fixed today?

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 07:21 PM

quote:
er did the contact list advert controller get fixed today?

Nah, working on it right now though.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by standout on 06-25-2006 at 08:26 PM

(Y) Just wanted to say that I love this script... I was looking forward to having the miniplayer take over the advert... and it seemed to, for me anyway, with the latest patch:D so yay!

thanks for all the good work

have a good one

cheers

---------------------

I don't have a good sig yet :(

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Thor on 06-25-2006 at 08:51 PM

Yes, Alex rules! :D

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 09:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by standout
(Y) Just wanted to say that I love this script... I was looking forward to having the miniplayer take over the advert... and it seemed to, for me anyway, with the latest patch:D so yay!

thanks for all the good work

have a good one

cheers

Thanks, good to hear the advert replacer is working for someone. :P

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
Yes, Alex rules! :D
Thank you... I've always thought so too! :P

Going to release an update shortly with several new commands:

/imin - To minimize iTunes
/imax - To restore iTunes and bring it to focus
/mute - To mute iTunes
/playcount - To show the playcount or set the playcount to an entered number. :P
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by ipab on 06-25-2006 at 10:21 PM

code:
Function called: OnEvent_ContactListWndCreated

that's all thats getting called when I open the contact list.
RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 10:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
code:

that's all thats getting called when I open the contact list.

Hm, no errors, is your contact list possibly quite slim?  If the window is reasonably thin it doesn't appear because there isn't room...
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by tinpiliycfa on 06-25-2006 at 11:02 PM

Will you try to make Itunes + remove the pic itself because it add a lot of pics and it can be annoying in the end

also what about adding a /covers to find covers we don't have. what about searching on amazon.com because they have a lot then we could chose to save it or not.

keep working lol

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 11:20 PM

quote:
Will you try to make Itunes + remove the pic itself because it add a lot of pics and it can be annoying in the end

No.  If patchou can't do it, I can't. :P

quote:
also what about adding a /covers to find covers we don't have. what about searching on amazon.com because they have a lot then we could chose to save it or not.

keep working lol

Going to add a cover downloader shortly.  Maybe now even. :P
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by M73A on 06-25-2006 at 11:37 PM

WMP 11 version would kick ass!

great job:P

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by ipab on 06-26-2006 at 12:30 AM

quote:
Hm, no errors, is your contact list possibly quite slim?  If the window is reasonably thin it doesn't appear because there isn't room...

wow, so simple a resolution, I cant belive I completely overlooked that :O.

Perhaps you can think of making it exactly the size of the ad :s.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by deAd on 06-26-2006 at 12:49 AM

There wouldn't be much space...but maybe a resizeable version, methinks?

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-26-2006 at 12:58 AM

Odd, I'm just doing that. :P

iTunes+ Version 1.3.5

New Commands:
/imin - To minimize iTunes
/imax - To restore iTunes and bring it to focus
/mute - To mute iTunes
/playcount - To show the playcount or set the playcount to an entered number. :P
/custommusicpsm - Use this with a tagged sentence after to set a custom listening to PSM.  For example "/custommusicpsm %artist% - %title% [%ratingstars%]", kinda pointless with what I''m listening to feature, but some people would still like it...  To turn it off, use /custommusicpsm with nothing after it.

Other changes:
Made MiniPlayer resizable, and made contact list version resizable, should now fit all contact lists neatly. :)

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by King Of Chaos on 06-26-2006 at 01:03 AM

How can you make the contact list one appear if you've patched the ads? I've even tryed it with the ad on and it still dosen't work.

Edit: One more thing, can you make the Title/Artist/Album scroll in the miniplayer if the full data isn't shown? (like iTunes does). And add like the current time of the song, how much time is left, ect.

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-26-2006 at 01:15 AM

quote:
How can you make the contact list one appear if you've patched the ads? I've even tryed it with the ad on and it still dosen't work.

Edit: One more thing, can you make the Title/Artist/Album scroll in the miniplayer if the full data isn't shown? (like iTunes does). And add like the current time of the song, how much time is left, ect.

Patched for ads is irrelevant, it's another problem I don't seem to have sorted out...

Both of those other things would require really short length timers in plus and I'm using too many timers as it is... =/
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by ykz on 06-26-2006 at 01:31 AM

hmm..
i updated itunes+, but now it seems like the miniplayer can't replace the ad at all...

edit:

never mind... it suddenly worked

edit2:

doesnt work again :(

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by ipab on 06-26-2006 at 01:32 AM

annoyance that i would like to see fixed:

1. If you resize the window, the miniplayer in the cl disappears.  It only appears about 2 seconds later.

2. The miniplayer isnt completely covering the ads, it's a pixel off on the bottom.

suggestions:
perhaps have an option in the option menu to set the font color of the "Now Playing" text, as in some conditions, it can be too faint.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by aNILEator on 06-26-2006 at 01:33 AM

i think controls in the IM window at the bottom over the text ad would be good alex i dislike the contact list one just because when you patch messenger it removes that area completely but you could get away with it in IM windows i think just use small icons or place them somewhere different

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by King Of Chaos on 06-26-2006 at 01:43 AM

It shouldn't matter if the ads patched or not. It should be able to attach to the bottom of the contact list. And yes, IM controls would be an awesome idea.

I'd like to see something like this ported to Yahoo Messenger 8's plugin system.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by futb0l on 06-26-2006 at 05:48 AM

Where's the "Edit Info" button gone in the Mini Player?

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-26-2006 at 07:14 AM

[bug] when using "/playcount" it seems to mute iTunes at the same time.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by markee on 06-26-2006 at 07:32 AM

quote:
when using "/playcount" it seems to mute iTunes at the same time..
I get the same thing.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by -Bogan- on 06-26-2006 at 07:34 AM

Yeh same man. I had to exit Itunes to get it to play again damn annoying!

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Jellings on 06-26-2006 at 07:35 AM

quote:
Yeh same man how do you get it back to play just exit itunes???

Type "/mute" to unmute it again (or click the speaker symbol at the right of the volume slider in iTunes)
RE: RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by markee on 06-26-2006 at 07:40 AM

quote:
quote:
Yeh same man how do you get it back to play just exit itunes???

Type "/mute" to unmute it again (or click the speaker symbol at the right of the volume slider in iTunes)

Or you can even just set the volume again (/volume 0-100)
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by -Bogan- on 06-26-2006 at 07:43 AM

I tried that and didn't work so had to exit + It kept what I was playing in the Msn now playing. I checked to see if the proccess was still running for Itunes but it wasn't quite random Eh!!

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by cobrahq on 06-26-2006 at 09:17 AM

hey all, just like to say, i'm loving this plugin.. but i was just wondering.. do you think there will be any chance of adding a 'search' function? lol, yeah it sounds a bit over the top, but i get bored.. and i was looking through the iTunes COM SDK, trying to figure out how i could mould it into MPL.. but as i programmed in Visual Basic.. this just goes over my head, lol...

is there any tutorial or something (more detailed than the offical MPL scripting doc's) that could help me out a bit more with this?? i've tried google, but no luck yet?

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-26-2006 at 10:04 AM

Cobrahq: There sort of is a search, type /play search params eg:  /play Keane

Bogan: Pretty random, that's windows for ya.

Everyone who pointed out that /playcount mutes: fixed, 1.3.6.

Futb0l: Didn't notice I'd screwed up the edit info button, fixed, 1.3.6.

ipab: Your first annoyance, so difficult to fix, that I'm leaving it for now at least, I obviously didn't do it because I like it that way. ;)  Your second annoyance: it's hard to fix the pixel height precisely for everyone, I've pushed it down slightly in the hope that'll fix it for you.  Custom colours suggestion:  could be kinda difficult, I'll see if I can make it more readable. =/

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by markee on 06-26-2006 at 10:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cobrahq
hey all, just like to say, i'm loving this plugin.. but i was just wondering.. do you think there will be any chance of adding a 'search' function? lol, yeah it sounds a bit over the top, but i get bored.. and i was looking through the iTunes COM SDK, trying to figure out how i could mould it into MPL.. but as i programmed in Visual Basic.. this just goes over my head, lol...

is there any tutorial or something (more detailed than the offical MPL scripting doc's) that could help me out a bit more with this?? i've tried google, but no luck yet?
What do you mean by a 'search' function? Something like how you can put even part of a work after the /play command and it finds the first song with those word/s or part words?

EDIT: sorry didn't reresh since alexp2_ad replied to this
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by -Bogan- on 06-26-2006 at 10:05 AM

Auto update feature for the song edit would be good as I just discovered. I needed to manually put in the track numbers for two cd's If there was an auto udate I could just click nxt and put it in. Not neccesary but just thought it would be good.

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-26-2006 at 10:56 AM

quote:
Auto update feature for the song edit would be good as I just discovered. I needed to manually put in the track numbers for two cd's If there was an auto udate I could just click nxt and put it in. Not neccesary but just thought it would be good.

The song info editor isn't really designed to replace the iTunes one, certainly not for batch editing, it's just meant to be a quick way to fix mistakes you notice and don't wanna bring up iTunes for. :)
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by benjyrama on 06-26-2006 at 02:43 PM

does the contact list advert controller still not work for most people or is it just me???

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by markee on 06-26-2006 at 02:47 PM

quote:
does the contact list advert controller still not work for most people or is it just me???

It doesn't work for me but I'm not worried about it I doubt that I would used it, I like the /play, /pause, /next commands or if I wanted something like that I would probably use the iTunes miniplayer.:P
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by benjyrama on 06-26-2006 at 02:55 PM

same with me but its important to alex i think cos he wants a full script im guessing, not just half done.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-26-2006 at 02:58 PM

Well yes, I'm hardly gonna say one small feature not working for certain people makes my script "half done", but anyway...

There are a whole bunch of debug traces for the window in the latest version, so if anyone who doesn't have it working turns the option on and opens the contact list and copies me the debug, that'd be handy.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by benjyrama on 06-26-2006 at 03:09 PM

(i ment 19/20ths done :P)

Function called: OnGetScriptMenu
Function called: OnGetScriptMenu
Function called: OnEvent_MenuClicked
Function called: OnWndOptionsEvent_CtrlClicked
Function called: OnWndOptionsEvent_CtrlClicked
Saving config to the registry
Function called: OnEvent_Timer
Function called: OnEvent_ContactListWndDestroyed
Contact window has been created, checking for if replace advert is on...
Replace advert is on, opening the miniplayer window...
Checking miniplayer isnt open and that iTunes is running...
miniplayer isnt open and iTunes is running.  Attempting to create messenger api object...
Failed to create Messenger api object
The contact list is NOT large enough for the player...  Reported size was: undefined
Opened the mini player

here we go... my contact list was maximised btw

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-26-2006 at 03:14 PM

More than 19/20 I'd say :P  Count the commands and features, and take account that the CList replacer is working for most people. :P

The crucial line in your debug log "Failed to create Messenger api object".  You had the same problem with the world cup script basically.

Do you have windows messenger installed?  And are you using XP?

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by benjyrama on 06-26-2006 at 03:17 PM

yeh i've got windows messenger although i disable the startup in the registry ages ago sumhow, cant remeber, so that it wouldnt sign in, is that the problem? yeh im using XP too

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by King Of Chaos on 06-26-2006 at 09:38 PM

miniplayer isnt open and iTunes is running.  Attempting to create messenger api object...
Failed to create Messenger api object
The contact list is NOT large enough for the player...  Reported size was: undefined
Opened the mini player

Windows Messenger is uninstalled and I'm using Windows XP Home SP2.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-26-2006 at 09:54 PM

I'm going to go with the broken windows messenger being the problem then.  In both cases it has failed to create the api object and you've had a non standard windows messenger setup.

If you want it to work, please try installing windows messenger: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...774&DisplayLang=en

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by King Of Chaos on 06-26-2006 at 10:10 PM

I was hoping you wern't not going to say that. *sighs* Ok, I'll install it. But I forgot how you can disable it completely from starting...

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by cloudhunter on 06-26-2006 at 10:11 PM

Well one way is set permissions (if you have XP pro...) To stop it from running altogether?

Cloudy

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-26-2006 at 10:12 PM

If you turn off it's starting options in Tools > Options it should very rarely bug you tbh.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by King Of Chaos on 06-26-2006 at 10:19 PM

Ok, installing Windows Messenger does indeed fix it. But on the patched versions (without the ad and search bar) there's a white gap between the controller and bottom of the contact list. Is there anything that can be done to fit it at the bottom?

Also, I've noticed navigation of songs, and bring up the contact list creates a delay when it's active (Which also brings up the WLM right click menu when you double click open WLM from tray).

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-26-2006 at 10:25 PM

quote:
Ok, installing Windows Messenger does indeed fix it. But on the patched versions (without the ad and search bar) there's a white gap between the controller and bottom of the contact list. Is there anything that can be done to fit it at the bottom?

Also, I've noticed navigation of songs, and bring up the contact list creates a delay when it's active (Which also brings up the WLM right click menu when you double click open WLM from tray).

That's computing for ya, it's got to get all the info and work out where it should go, it takes time.  EDIT:  Can't say I get the right click menu though. :S

There's no good way for me to check if messenger has been patched and place it accordingly, if you want to change the numbers for how it's positioned in the go, feel free, they're in windows.js in a function called RefreshCListMiniWnd and OpenCListMiniWnd.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by RaPLeX on 06-26-2006 at 10:50 PM

im turkish translator of i tunes +.i was part of it:P

Good job Alex :D

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by ykz on 06-27-2006 at 02:53 AM

hi alex
it's me again :P
i've got some problems with the script..
the miniplayer isn't showing on the place of the ad often, but if it does the external miniplayer isn't always refreshing...

it is giving me these errors..:

> Functieaanroep: "OnGetScriptCommands"
> Functieaanroep: "OnEvent_Timer"
> Functieaanroep: "OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage"
The command "iopen" has been parsed.
No art found for this track
> Functieaanroep: "OnWndOpenEvent_CtrlClicked"
> Fout gedecteerd op lijn 269: Ongeldige procedure-aanroep of ongeldig argument.
  (Code: -2146828283)
> Fout gedecteerd in "OnWndOpenEvent_CtrlClicked".
  (Code: -2147352567)
> Fout gedecteerd op lijn 269: Ongeldige procedure-aanroep of ongeldig argument.
  (Code: -2146828283)
> Fout gedecteerd in "OnWndOpenEvent_CtrlClicked".

> Functieaanroep: "OnWndMiniPlayerEvent_CtrlClicked"
> Functieaanroep: "OnWndTrackEditEvent_CtrlClicked"
> Functieaanroep: "OnWndTrackEditEvent_Cancel"
> Fout gedecteerd op lijn 159: onbekende fout.
  (Code: -2147418111)
> Fout gedecteerd in "OnEvent_Timer".
> Fout gedecteerd op lijn 168: onbekende fout.
  (Code: -2147418111)
> Fout gedecteerd in "OnEvent_Timer".
> Functieaanroep: "OnWndLyricsEvent_CtrlClicked"
> Functieaanroep: "OnEvent_ContactListWndDestroyed"
> Functieaanroep: "OnEvent_ContactListWndCreated"
Created Messenger api object
Opened the mini player

and is it possible to add a shuffle and repeat button to the miniplayer?

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by fergofrog on 06-27-2006 at 11:03 AM

A suggestion for a feature for this is the option to eject your iPod, it has update iPod which is great, but eject iPod would be awsum!

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by benjyrama on 06-27-2006 at 05:31 PM

i've got windows messenger installed from before but i disabled it in the registry, anyway to like undisable it, i cant remember...

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-27-2006 at 05:35 PM

quote:
i've got windows messenger installed from before but i disabled it in the registry, anyway to like undisable it, i cant remember...

Try just installing it again...
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by futb0l on 06-28-2006 at 10:50 AM

Is it possible to have a function which is similar to the /play <song> funtion but instead of playing the song, the song is made to be played next in party shuffle?

And how about making a 'Top Songs' and 'Top Artists' list (by play count) in which the user can display to others by typing a command?

Thanks.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Scott on 06-28-2006 at 01:51 PM

How about a function like /lyrics, but not getting the lyric of a song, but the art. So when I type /art it automatically finds the art of the song, whether the art which is already linked to the song, or online ? :)

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by markee on 06-28-2006 at 02:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Scott
How about a function like /lyrics, but not getting the lyric of a song, but the art. So when I type /art it automatically finds the art of the song, whether the art which is already linked to the song, or online ? :)

quote:
quote:

Glad you like it, gonna add a similair thing for album art soon.  You can open lyrics from the menu too, not just the command.  EDIT: And in the options you can set it to save downloaded lyrics automatically too.

RE: RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Scott on 06-28-2006 at 07:57 PM

quote:

Woops, reading the read would probably help :$
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Scott on 06-29-2006 at 10:32 AM

When I play a song which doesn't have lyrics saved in itself, it keeps saying "Loading lyrics...". It doesn't load the lyrics at all. The very first version of iTunes+ didn't have that problem, then I could load lyrics, but now it can't. Probably a combination of options which are set/unset ?

Oh, and it does work when the lyrics are saved in the song...

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by markee on 06-29-2006 at 10:44 AM

quote:
When I play a song which doesn't have lyrics saved in itself, it keeps saying "Loading lyrics...". It doesn't load the lyrics at all. The very first version of iTunes+ didn't have that problem, then I could load lyrics, but now it can't. Probably a combination of options which are set/unset ?

Oh, and it does work when the lyrics are saved in the song...
This migt be because of alexp2_ad putting in that the lyrics page refreshes after a set period of time and that your internet connection isn't quick enough to get the lyrics in time possibly, maybe email alexp2_ad about this problem and he might be able to help soon than waiting for a reply.
RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Scott on 06-29-2006 at 11:03 AM

quote:
This migt be because of alexp2_ad putting in that the lyrics page refreshes after a set period of time and that your internet connection isn't quick enough to get the lyrics in time possibly, maybe email alexp2_ad about this problem and he might be able to help soon than waiting for a reply.

Well, I don't think so actually. After it had been trying to load for w hile, the lyrics-textarea is empty, and the heading above says iTunes+ Lyrics powered by LeosLyrics.com

But that's after a while, so I don't think a slow internetconnection is causing that (actually, my internetconnection ain't slow at all..)
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by tinpiliycfa on 06-29-2006 at 11:19 AM

Hello, I have a small Idea. What about making a window opening with the cover picture and under the artist and the title of the song and under that a get lyrics link and a get cover link. It would open at every song just like when people come online.

but of couse it must have  an option to be turned off if we don't want it to open.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-29-2006 at 05:30 PM

About the lyrics problem: It doesn't refresh by regetting the lyrics every 5 seconds (at least, not in the latest version :P ) so a slow internet connection should not be a problem in any way, though you don't have one, so forget that anyway.  I'd be interested to talk to you and see if I can get more info on the problem... contact me in some way if you want.  iTunes+ does get lyrics through msig.info, so check that you can access that site if it mysteriously doesn't load lyrics.

Also, I cannot stress this enough: if you have a mysterious non-working problem, please go to Plus > Preferences > Scripts and turn the script debugger on, or open it from Plus > Show Script Debugger if it's already turned on, then in the debugger, select iTunes+ in the script list, perform the action that's causing a problem, and copy the debug log to me, either on the forum or in a message.  That will greatly speed up my ability to find the problem and fix it for you.

tinpiliycfa:  I could probably do something like this, and if I did I would obviously make it optional (user choice is the way to go scripters, don't tie people into the way you like things!)  though if you want a now playing toaster for iTunes I would probably recommend iTunes Toaster, it looks good and is pretty customizable.  It doesn't have a lyrics and get cover link, but it's a good alternative, since if I do this it might take a while to get it looking good.  But I will consider adding something like this... would anyone else want this feature??

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Thor on 06-29-2006 at 05:33 PM

Count me! But it must be optional...

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-29-2006 at 05:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitrolinken
Count me! But it must be optional...

As I said, of course it would be optional!  Making something optional is as simple as an if statement, and as I said, user choice is the way to go.

On that note, I was considering making the menu customizable... I doubt many people use the music store link? :P  Don't hold me to that though...
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Thor on 06-29-2006 at 05:38 PM

hehe.

I guess it's popular... A bit.. :P

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by djtumshi on 06-29-2006 at 06:38 PM

help! whenever i type an itunes+ command in a convo box it says the command cannot be recognised

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by walteaser on 06-30-2006 at 10:00 AM

Hi, is there a way that instead of itunes+ creating album art when there is none set to the song, it shows my defualt messenger display picture?

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-30-2006 at 10:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by walteaser
Hi, is there a way that instead of itunes+ creating album art when there is none set to the song, it shows my defualt messenger display picture?

Not yet, but as I think I said somewhere, the next major version will have a lot more display picture options to allow you to change stuff like this.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by djtumshi on 06-30-2006 at 02:22 PM

its guff it doesnt work

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by tinpiliycfa on 06-30-2006 at 03:31 PM

and when do you think we will see the next update ?

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 06-30-2006 at 03:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djtumshi
its guff it doesnt work

That's totally stupid.  WTF am I supposed to get from a stupid comment like that.  What doesn't work?  What part of it?  Is there an error?  Are you just being stupid and double clicking word instead of the plsc, how should I know?

quote:
and when do you think we will see the next update ?

Depends how long it takes me, fairly soon, I won't commit to dates yet.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 07-01-2006 at 08:32 PM

For anyone who want's to try it out, here's a beta release, not available from the regular update system:

http://msig.info/itunesplus/script/iTunes+%20BETA.plsc

Here's what's new:

* Cover art downloader, automatic or manual through the menu.  Get's the largest image amazon has to offer.

* Music server - allows your contacts to search and download tracks from your music, using !sendme or !shareme.  Here's a screenshot:

[Image: sendmescreeny.png]

* Play request.  Added more as a joke than a feature, but when turned on this allows your contacts to choose or suggest music with !play. :P  You can set it to ask you before following the suggestion, or to follow it blindly.  Provides mild entertainment.

* Usage of events instead of timers.  This means the script will run quicker, use less memory, and stuff like the lyrics window and miniplayer refreshing will be instant on track change. :)

Please report any bugs!

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Thor on 07-01-2006 at 09:32 PM

Looks, sounds, and is good! :)

No particulary bugs... But it didn't like Lordi so much. :D

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by hmaster on 07-01-2006 at 09:38 PM

I like the Music server feature, very nice BETA (Y)

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Scott on 07-01-2006 at 10:42 PM

quote:
For anyone who want's to try it out, here's a beta release, not available from the regular update system:

http://msig.info/itunesplus/script/iTunes+%20BETA.plsc

Here's what's new:

* Cover art downloader, automatic or manual through the menu.  Get's the largest image amazon has to offer.

* Music server - allows your contacts to search and download tracks from your music, using !sendme or !shareme.  Here's a screenshot:

[Image: sendmescreeny.png]

* Play request.  Added more as a joke than a feature, but when turned on this allows your contacts to choose or suggest music with !play. :P  You can set it to ask you before following the suggestion, or to follow it blindly.  Provides mild entertainment.

* Usage of events instead of timers.  This means the script will run quicker, use less memory, and stuff like the lyrics window and miniplayer refreshing will be instant on track change. :)

Please report any bugs!

Dunno if you have read my message, but did you fix the lyrics-bug too ? :)
RE: RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 07-01-2006 at 10:45 PM

quote:

Probably not, but there have been some changes to the lyrics window, so give it a try, if it doesn't work, I'll talk to you on messenger in the next couple days if you want.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by tungmeister on 07-01-2006 at 11:16 PM

the only problem i'm having is that my display pic has stopped updating, and will only do so if i go into itunes+ options and click save again

RE: RE: RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Scott on 07-01-2006 at 11:25 PM

quote:
quote:

Probably not, but there have been some changes to the lyrics window, so give it a try, if it doesn't work, I'll talk to you on messenger in the next couple days if you want.

Looks like it works now! Thanks :)
RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 07-01-2006 at 11:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tungmeister
the only problem i'm having is that my display pic has stopped updating, and will only do so if i go into itunes+ options and click save again

Is this EVERY track change or just first one? *-)

quote:
Looks like it works now! Thanks :)

Ah great, another bug squished. :)
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by tungmeister on 07-02-2006 at 01:04 AM

every track change :(

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Xelame on 07-02-2006 at 11:20 AM

When I always open the file, it says 'Destination directory for the script couldn't be found'.

:( Help!

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by tinpiliycfa on 07-02-2006 at 12:11 PM

Hello I have a bug with the beta version. In fact it doesn't change my dp anymore until I go to option and click on save.

also where do pics are save when He will take them from amazon please ?

thanks

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 07-02-2006 at 12:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tungmeister
every track change :(

Hmm, wonder if the iTunes events aren't firing or if there's some other problem... will talk to you about it more when I have time.  Could you try having the lyrics window open when you change track and see if it refreshes?

quote:
Originally posted by Xelame
When I always open the file, it says 'Destination directory for the script couldn't be found'.

:( Help!

Odd, when you install?  Sounds like a plus problem or something. :S  If you're using vista, make sure the scripts directory has full access.

quote:
Hello I have a bug with the beta version. In fact it doesn't change my dp anymore until I go to option and click on save.

also where do pics are save when He will take them from amazon please ?

thanks

Same problem as above, will look into this. *-)  And the picture is saved temporarily in C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\iTunes+\Images\ while being added to the iTunes library.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 07-03-2006 at 10:34 AM

Ah, OK, found the problem with the beta where it stopped picking up the events, I think I've fixed it, please redownload the beta and tell me if you still experience the problem or not.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by jmccarroll on 07-03-2006 at 09:05 PM

Is there a way for it to modify it to where it will get the lyrics from azlyrics.com instead of leoslyrics.com?

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 07-03-2006 at 09:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jmccarroll
Is there a way for it to modify it to where it will get the lyrics from azlyrics.com instead of leoslyrics.com?

Do they provide any service for developers, or do you mean I should just dig into their site and take their lyrics without their permission? :^)

Plus, I just searched "coldplay clocks" as a simple test, and it didn't even find anything, then tried just Coldplay and had to click through several pages to find something.

I can't see any sign that they provide a service for developers, but if they do, let me know.

Otherwise, no, sorry.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by V@no on 07-12-2006 at 05:52 AM

Sorry if this has came up before (too lazzy read all 19 pages).
But, first of all, congratulation on this exelent script! love it very much.

Now, some issues:
I'm testing the new v1.5.0 BETA where the default avatar issue has been fixed...almost...so far the only problem I've noticed is when you shut down iTunes (either though the script or the program itself) while its still playing, the avatar will stay as the last song's artwork. Perhaps its something on my side, because sometimes my personal message shows that I'm still playing something, but iT was closed long time before...I dont know...
Anyways, after iT closed, iT+ DP feature does not work anymore. In the debug window nothing showed, only some events showed, such as onclick. No error message either.
The only way to revive the DP is to restart iT+

Secondly, for some reason the default avatar could be added into messenger's avatar list more then ones, so you might endup with duplicate avatars (never happend with artwork avatars though)

And a little feature request:
The song server is a great feature, but when there are thousands results in the search (!sendme/!shareme commands) using next/prev page is just so pain in the butt...
It could be more practical add an additional: next from offset feature.

For example if there are 1000 songs in the list by sending:
>500
would show 10 songs starting from 500 and not from 10 as if you send just ">"
its pretty much easy to acomplish, a simple REGEX would do ;)

Thank you very much for this great script. Looking forward to see the final version soon ;)

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by markee on 07-12-2006 at 06:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by V@no

Now, some issues:
I'm testing the new v1.5.0 BETA where the default avatar issue has been fixed...almost...so far the only problem I've noticed is when you shut down iTunes (either though the script or the program itself) while its still playing, the avatar will stay as the last song's artwork. Perhaps its something on my side, because sometimes my personal message shows that I'm still playing something, but iT was closed long time before...I dont know...
Anyways, after iT closed, iT+ DP feature does not work anymore. In the debug window nothing showed, only some events showed, such as onclick. No error message either.

This is probably because of the way you are closing iTunes, try uing the iTunes+ command "/iquit" to close iTunes and see if that helps.  This is because iTunes+ is using the iTunes scripting interface.  Hope this fixes your problem. :)
RE: RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 07-12-2006 at 10:26 AM

quote:
quote:

Now, some issues:

This is probably because of the way you are closing iTunes, try uing the iTunes+ command "/iquit" to close iTunes and see if that helps.  This is because iTunes+ is using the iTunes scripting interface.  Hope this fixes your problem. :)

Close.... have 1 gold star.  :P  The problem will be that on quitting, iTunes kills the scripting engine and it needs to be remade to control iTunes, so I have a timer that checks every 30 seconds to check if iTunes is running so it can remake it.  However I did make a couple mistakes that might screw up the timer, so I've made some significant improvements to this code and fixed stuff up, please redownload the beta and see if it helps.  The max you should have to wait for the DP to change / change back is 30 seconds.

Let me know how you get on!

quote:
And a little feature request:
The song server is a great feature, but when there are thousands results in the search (!sendme/!shareme commands) using next/prev page is just so pain in the butt...
It could be more practical add an additional: next from offset feature.

For example if there are 1000 songs in the list by sending:
>500
would show 10 songs starting from 500 and not from 10 as if you send just ">"
its pretty much easy to acomplish, a simple REGEX would do ;)

Thank you very much for this great script. Looking forward to see the final version soon ;)

Well my theory was that anyone who managed to get 1000 songs in the results would probably just refine their search a bit!  But I'll see what I can do...
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by tinpiliycfa on 07-12-2006 at 01:06 PM

I have  small bug or not maybe...

When I start my itunes + It show the title of the song and all in my psm but my avatar doens't change until I went to itunes + option and I push apply...

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by V@no on 07-12-2006 at 01:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alexp2_adClose.... have 1 gold star.  :P  The problem will be that on quitting, iTunes kills the scripting engine and it needs to be remade to control iTunes, so I have a timer that checks every 30 seconds to check if iTunes is running so it can remake it.  However I did make a couple mistakes that might screw up the timer, so I've made some significant improvements to this code and fixed stuff up, please redownload the beta and see if it helps.  The max you should have to wait for the DP to change / change back is 30 seconds.

Let me know how you get on!
When you close iT through iT+ then everything is fine, DP changes in a few seconds, but if you close iT by yourself (after confirming quiting warning that some other software is using iT) then iT+ does not change DP to the default, but it works again once iT start playing again...but! since iT+ did not change the DP back to the default one, after you start and then stop plaing iT, iT+ will use the DP that was set before closing iT. And to change that, you'll need stop playing iT, change your DP, restart iT+ (restart is necesery)
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 07-12-2006 at 01:50 PM

I'm not sure you read my post correctly, I said I'd corrected this and could you download the new one and try that, you're not still having the problems with the new one surely? :S

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by V@no on 07-12-2006 at 02:15 PM

yes, just redownloaded again to be sure and still same issue. Basicaly the issue only occure when iT closed NOT through iT+ menu.
Also as you said iT+ will revive itself after 30 seconds timeout, so, if you close iT and then open it again and start playing something, you'll need wait these 30 seconds befor iT+ kicks in.

P.S. still in order to change the default DP, you must restart iT+...

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by V@no on 07-12-2006 at 11:32 PM

Another issue, is it due to the iT+ or iTunes itself that when artwork downloaded from the internet and untill it added into iTunes database, the sound is stoped (for 1-3 seconds)?
I think its because of iT, but just want to be sure ;)

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by fergofrog on 07-12-2006 at 11:51 PM

quote:
Another issue, is it due to the iT+ or iTunes itself that when artwork downloaded from the internet and untill it added into iTunes database, the sound is stoped (for 1-3 seconds)?

That is because iT+ is using iT to edit the song and iT can't play the song while trying to edit it as well.
RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by jmccarroll on 07-12-2006 at 11:51 PM

quote:

That's just iTunes in general.  Same thing will happen if you save any lyrics or do any other changes to the details of a song that is playing.

Edit: Err! You beat me...
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by V@no on 07-13-2006 at 01:45 AM

Ok, here is a working example on how the paging can be done.

in iTunes+.js find:

code:
      if(sMessage == ">" || sMessage == "\">\""){

Replace with:
code:
      var offset = 0;
      if ((match = sMessage.match(/^([<>]) *([0-9]*)?\s*$/)) != null)
      {
        sMessage = match[1];
        if (match[2]) offset = parseInt(match[2]);
      }
      if(sMessage == ">" || sMessage == "\">\""){
        if (offset) nextpage[sOrigin] = offset;

After these changes you can send offset of the list you want see.
i.e.:
code:
>123
It will return list of 10 started from file number 123
you can add spaces before or after the number, they will be ignored.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by V@no on 07-13-2006 at 01:54 AM

Ops, missed your replys, guys. Thanks.

If I may, would like to mention another thing.
When iT+ sends out the file with !sendme command, it displays message "Sending your file, thanks for using iTunes+ Music Server!". I dont know about you guys, but I didnt like that, because you can see that the file is being sent...
With !shareme command on other hand, the message is suggested, because you cant really see if file being shared or not, untill it synchronized...so the conclusion, I think it would be nice have that message displayed only on !shareme command.

Thanks.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by deAd on 07-13-2006 at 02:17 AM

You can see that it's being syncronized if you open the sharing folder. The bar on the bottom will say "Synchronizing <filename> (<percent>)..."

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 07-13-2006 at 09:02 AM

quote:
Ops, missed your replys, guys. Thanks.

If I may, would like to mention another thing.
When iT+ sends out the file with !sendme command, it displays message "Sending your file, thanks for using iTunes+ Music Server!". I dont know about you guys, but I didnt like that, because you can see that the file is being sent...
With !shareme command on other hand, the message is suggested, because you cant really see if file being shared or not, untill it synchronized...so the conclusion, I think it would be nice have that message displayed only on !shareme command.

Thanks.

Actually, this was added on suggestion.  I was recently having problems with file transfers and the other person wasn't seeing them at all (messenger problem for all transfers, not iT+), and they tried to initiate the file transfer several times, so I added a message to show it had been started.

As a couple people already said, the brief pause in song play is iTunes, you'll see the same thing if you edit the song from iTunes itself.

And I'm not going to be able to do the paging or anything else until this weekend, or at earliest, possibly Friday night, I'm busy today and tomorrow.  *cough*date*cough* :)
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Scott on 07-14-2006 at 09:55 PM

I 'm still having problems with getting the lyrics from the internet and a moment ago I just realized what the problem likely causes: McAfee VirusScan. Everytime iTunes+ starts running, McAfee gives a warning with a probably dangerous script. It gives me the option to allow this script running, which I choose of course. But it looks like iTunes+ couldn't grab lyrics form the internet..

One thing I don't get: it worked for me for a while and suddenly it didn't work anymore (I just noticed it)..

17 jul:
Now it works again.. I think it depends on the song whether it can find the correct lyrics or not

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by V@no on 07-17-2006 at 11:04 PM

Another feature request:
Status check. So, if its "Busy" then no file sending can be done.
This probably will be usefull for gamers, whos playing online game and whos upload might hit on their ping.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by bahayman on 09-03-2006 at 05:24 AM

hey i just tried out the itunes+ beta and y isnt the miniplayer replacing the advertisments on the bottom of the messenger is this a bug or do i have a setting wrong?

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by aNILEator on 09-03-2006 at 08:16 AM

it only reaplces the advert in the contact list window, you may need to close it to teh system tray and then reopen it before it appear, if you re-size the window the advert will appear again for a short while whilst  iTunes+ figures out teh new contact list size to apply the advert again, if your contact list is too thin it will not appear either

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 09-03-2006 at 09:09 AM

At the moment you need to have Windows Messenger (the cruddy old one :P ) installed for the advert replacing to work.  Hoping to get round that later.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Spunky on 09-03-2006 at 12:28 PM

quote:
At the moment you need to have Windows Messenger (the cruddy old one :P ) installed for the advert replacing to work.  Hoping to get round that later.

Erm, I have the "old, cruddy one" installed, or do you mean 7.5? I should slap you if you do mean 7.5 because thats not old and cruddy just yet :p

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Thor on 09-03-2006 at 12:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
Erm, I have the "old, cruddy one" installed, or do you mean 7.5? I should slap you if you do mean 7.5 because thats not old and cruddy just yet :p
I think he means Windows Messenger 5 (or 4,5?) :P
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Spunky on 09-03-2006 at 01:01 PM

Isn't that the version that comes with XP? I got that installed...

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by markee on 09-03-2006 at 01:08 PM

It has also been noted before that if your contact list isn't wide enough then it won't appear either.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Thor on 09-03-2006 at 01:11 PM

quote:
Isn't that the version that comes with XP? I got that installed...
It really sucks :P

But I need it for some other apps aswell, so 8-)

It does have some funtions :grin:
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Spunky on 09-03-2006 at 01:12 PM

Tried it almost full width of the screen and still nothing... How is the player replacing the ad? Is it just covering it by somehow finding it's location?

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Thor on 09-03-2006 at 01:15 PM

quote:
ried it almost full width of the screen and still nothing... How is the player replacing the ad? Is it just covering it by somehow finding it's location?
It uses the api, and gets the location, width and height (i think).
Then it makes a new window, and puts it over the ad. And hides it from the taskbar aswell :)
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by fluffy_lobster on 09-13-2006 at 06:56 PM

iTunes 7 alert. iTunes+ doesn't seem to like it. For me, the menu actually disappears until iTunes is closed. It then lets me run iTunes, but disappears and reports the commands as nonexistent if I try and type them.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 09-13-2006 at 09:19 PM

Hmm, odd.  I have no problem running iTunes 7 and iTunes+ and as far as I can guess the SDK isn't changed.  But I don't have internet access on my own PC right now so I can't help you out too much.  Anyone else have this problem?  I know none of my immediate contacts do.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by futb0l on 09-14-2006 at 11:35 AM

iTunes7 with iTunes+ running fine here...

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 09-14-2006 at 11:39 AM

quote:
iTunes7 with iTunes+ running fine here...

Oh good, not just me then. :P  BTW, are you using the beta from the forum or the older version from the script database?

Trying to analyse if that makes a difference or not... *-)
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by AmbulanceX on 09-14-2006 at 12:59 PM

tryed the beta, doesnt work either, itunes+ doesnt appear int he menu either... hmmmm :(

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Spunky on 09-14-2006 at 01:01 PM

iTunes 7 and iTunes+ seem to be working fine together for me :p Not using BETA for either program...

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 09-14-2006 at 01:01 PM

Hmm, this is most odd.  It seems to work for some people and not others... *-)

Could anyone it isn't working for post / pm me the contents of the debug window?

Add me on messenger if you like, so we can try and solve this one.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by AmbulanceX on 09-14-2006 at 01:09 PM

heres a clue maybe, when i click open itunes in the menu, nothing happens... the menu only comes up when itunes 7 isnt open... itunes 7 looks so good with the whole jupebox album covers thing... ill do that debug thing now.. dont know anything about scripting, but ill see what happens.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by AmbulanceX on 09-14-2006 at 01:11 PM

Function called: OnEvent_Timer
that keeps coming up one after the other in debug
this is without itunes 7 open...

EDIT: same thing happens with itunes 7 open..

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by markee on 09-14-2006 at 01:14 PM

AmbulanceX: Try having a go at opening iTunes through the iTunes+ menus and see if the same thing comes up when you do that.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by AmbulanceX on 09-14-2006 at 01:18 PM

yeah, if im understanding you right thats what i ment before, when i click the plus! menu, and go down to itunes+ then click open itunes, nothing happens at all.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by markee on 09-14-2006 at 01:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AmbulanceX
yeah, if im understanding you right thats what i ment before, when i click the plus! menu, and go down to itunes+ then click open itunes, nothing happens at all.
Sorry I should have been a bit more specific, does the trace show anything different?  Also, alex will probably be a lot more help and a lot quicker at it if you add him on WLM (see his profile).  I hope this gets sorted out for all of you people who are having problems.  Also have you restarted WLM or the iTunes+ script since you have updated iTunes?
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by AmbulanceX on 09-14-2006 at 01:32 PM

yeah i tryed it once, uninstalled it, got the beta one, tryed that, then got the latest incase i had an old one... yeah i would add him, but i dont have anyone on msn i dont know, and would like to keep it that way ha ha sorry mate no offence.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by futb0l on 09-15-2006 at 05:46 AM

Im using the iTunes+ BETA with iTunes 7 -  no problems so far...

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by aNILEator on 09-15-2006 at 03:59 PM

itunes 7 is far too buggy at the moment, its a shame and alot of people have experienced poor audio quality and crackling.

its the least stable version i've ever used, i love the album flipper but it sucks at playing videos, audio can crackle and or be shite, and VERY VERY VERY Resource heavy

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Dr4g0n on 09-15-2006 at 04:02 PM

iTunes has always been resource heavy... v7 works better than v6 did for me =]

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by AmbulanceX on 09-16-2006 at 01:54 AM

Yeah itunes 7 is going crackly for me as soon as another program makes a sound, very unstable.. but looks good and thats all i care about. :) any news on itunes+ with 7?

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by cloudhunter on 09-16-2006 at 02:07 AM

quote:
Yeah itunes 7 is going crackly for me as soon as another program makes a sound, very unstable.. but looks good and thats all i care about. :) any news on itunes+ with 7?

It should work already, at least in the beta in this thread.

Thats a strange attitude to take, Not caring about an audio programs sound, just its visuals?

I thought audio was the whole point of it...
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by markee on 09-16-2006 at 07:16 AM

quote:

Yeah itunes 7 is going crackly for me as soon as another program makes a sound, very unstable..
I found the way to fix this was not have volume at 100% in iTunes and just turn the volume up on the other controls for my sound, even just a little bit should fix this or at least it did for me.[/offtopic]

I have noticed lately that sometimes when I stop iTunes from playing my DP changes to the album art even though I haven't got changing to album art enabled.  Thi problem also happened when I was using iTunes 6 so it's not just an iTunes 7 problem.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by hosey on 09-16-2006 at 10:18 AM

like the sound of it so im gunna download it and love it!

edit: love it thanx mate

another edit: it slows down WLM when im usig so i removed it

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by jmccarroll on 09-20-2006 at 11:09 AM

Hey guys... I just wanted to post this here since a lot of people seem to be having the same problem.

When I updated iTunes to 7.0, this script stopped working.  After several days of uninstalling/installing the script itself, I tried removing iTunes 7.0 and reinstalling it and it is working again.

1. Uninstall iTunes 7.0
2. Restart computer
3. Download a new copy of iTunes 7.0
4. Install iTunes 7.0

All should be working after that.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by fluffy_lobster on 09-21-2006 at 06:59 PM

Well mine now works through even weirder means....

I had rebooted at least twice already, but this evening I restarted my pc, fired up itunes and I got a dialog telling me "windows is configuring itunes", running progress bars past me for a minute or so. When I opened messenger itunes+ worked again. Curious.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 09-22-2006 at 05:49 PM

I've heard a couple people saying repairing iTunes seems to make the COM object work right again, so if you're still having problems with iTunes 7 and iTunes+, give that a try.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by AmbulanceX on 09-26-2006 at 10:34 AM

quote:
quote:

Yeah itunes 7 is going crackly for me as soon as another program makes a sound, very unstable..
I found the way to fix this was not have volume at 100% in iTunes and just turn the volume up on the other controls for my sound, even just a little bit should fix this or at least it did for me.[/offtopic]

I have noticed lately that sometimes when I stop iTunes from playing my DP changes to the album art even though I haven't got changing to album art enabled.  Thi problem also happened when I was using iTunes 6 so it's not just an iTunes 7 problem.

cheers bro ive taken that on board and its stopped doing it.

i lied i dont only care about the looks, the music is my life but i was willing to put up with the occasional screw up... it wasnt to ofen...

i shall try uninstalling, restarting etc now, ill holla back if it works.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by ~*McoreD*~ on 10-16-2006 at 04:20 PM

Very nice script. Thanks alexp2_ad. :)

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by aNILEator on 10-17-2006 at 10:50 AM

hey alex get ya move on with v1.5 v2 as you promised :P

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by ~*McoreD*~ on 10-25-2006 at 06:43 AM

I am afraid I have a bug to point out.

This is a once off bug after you first load Windows Live Messenger.

I have screen-captured the bug here:

http://wmwiki.com/mcored/research/itunes+/itunes+artwork-bug.zip

The Artwork does not get updated until you press the Messenger Plus! Live button.

Thanks,
McoreD

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by ~*McoreD*~ on 10-31-2006 at 06:46 AM

Hey All,

I am trying to change the Now Playing format from the defaul t
%title% - %artist% to %title% - %artist% - [%album%]

by changing the following in tagsandcommands.js

if(sTimerId == 'custompsm'){
        if(iTunesApp.PlayerState != 0){
            // Messenger.MyPersonalMessage = tagparse(listeningtopsm);
            Messenger.MyPersonalMessage = tagparse("%title% - %artist% - [%album%]");
        }
        else{ Messenger.MyPersonalMessage = origpsm; }
        MsgPlus.AddTimer('custompsm',1000);
    }

But it doesn't seem to be working.

Wonder what is happening guys.

Thanks for any tips and advices.

Cheers,
MocreD

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Spunky on 10-31-2006 at 11:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~*McoreD*~
I have screen-captured the bug here:

Just so people know, it's a webpage that shows a flash file (which could have been hosted to make it easier?). It does indeed show the error, just in case people go suspicious of the zip file lol
RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by ~*McoreD*~ on 10-31-2006 at 03:39 PM

So very true. Thanks SpunkyLoveMuff, and never thought about that.

http://wmwiki.com/mcored/research/itunes+/itunes+...es+artwork-bug.htm

Just noticed, so glad that this bug is fixed in the version 1.5.0 BETA. Thanks!

However,

quote:
Hey All,

}
    }

Cheers,
MocreD

still is a problem :)

Thanks,
McoreD

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 11-01-2006 at 09:09 AM

quote:
Just noticed, so glad that this bug is fixed in the version 1.5.0 BETA. Thanks!

However,

quote:
Hey All,

}
    }

Cheers,
MocreD

still is a problem :)

Thanks,
McoreD

Am I missing something... why not just change it in the options window? *-)
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by ~*McoreD*~ on 11-01-2006 at 10:55 AM

Yes alexp2_ad,

[Image: itunesoptionspf2.jpg]

I don't think the "What I'm Listening To" is configurable in the Options Window.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by aNILEator on 11-01-2006 at 12:12 PM

Alex he means the PSM bar so your PSm reads as

Chop Suey - System of a Down [Toxicity]
TITLE    -    ARTIST    [ALBUM]

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by ~*McoreD*~ on 11-01-2006 at 01:22 PM

Thanks aNILEator .

[Image: wlmpsmui4.jpg]

That's what I meant.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by creepy675298 on 11-11-2006 at 05:46 PM

Get lyrics is not working for me?

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 11-20-2006 at 01:23 PM

Right, I decided to release my current beta 1.6.1 as a full release.  There are a couple things that still need fixing, few things I still want to do, but it's been far too long that 1.3.6 has been the version most people are probably using!  So new release, if you're using iTunes+ you should get an update but you can download it here:

http://msig.info/itunesplus/download2.php

Enjoy! :)

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by V@no on 11-20-2006 at 01:43 PM

Thanks for the update.
Is there a change log for this version?

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by EBFL on 11-20-2006 at 01:50 PM

quote:
Some of you may have seen World Cup Live 2006 already, and maybe seen a glimpse of iTunes+... anyway, now they're both publically available here:

http://msig.info/plusscripts/

If you use iTunes, you'll wanna give iTunes+ a try... and if you don't... why not try iTunes, then give iTunes+ a try!

Feature List
  • Control iTunes via commands and menu items, pause, skip tracks etc
  • Can change your DP to the current album art
  • Can easily show your contacts what you're listening to, and send it to them (or even copy it to the sharing folder), simply by typing a command or choosing a menu option
  • It has a built in track editor so you can change incorrect details without even opening iTunes
  • iTunes+ has a built in lyrics viewer that shows you lyrics saved in your iTunes Library or from the internet, and can save downloaded lyrics to your iTunes library
  • Also includes other miscellaneous features, like showing your contacts stats about your iTunes library

iTunes+ also makes an excellent example script for developers looking to learn plus scripting, as it contains windows, events, COM objects, menus, commands, tags (with full [n] support), language options, registry reading/writing, file reading and interaction with the internet.

Here's a few screenshots of iTunes+ in action:

[Image: menu_th.png]  [Image: lyricswnd_th.png]

[Image: miniplayer_th.png]  [Image: options_th.png]

[Image: playlist_th.png]  [Image: language_th.png]

[Image: playcommand_th.png]  [Image: showing_th.png]

[Image: clistplayer_th.png]

Please report bugs, make suggestions and... enjoy!

If you like iTunes+, please rate it in the script DB: http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/browse/index.php?act=view&id=16
Well done alex. (Y)
Its the best script so far.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by capitocapito on 11-21-2006 at 01:26 PM

Does anybody else have the problem where iTunes+ constantly tries to download a new version?  Also, I downloaded the latest release from the link, but in the "about" screen, it still says 1.3.6 as the version.

Ooooh... One last thing.  Has anyone else had the problem (maybe it hasn't been considered a problem.  Instance?) where the display picture doesn't switch back to your original picture, but continues to be the album art.  Switching back (much like the PSM switches back) would be a nice feature.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Thor on 11-21-2006 at 05:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by capitocapito

Does anybody else have the problem where iTunes+ constantly tries to download a new version?  Also, I downloaded the latest release from the link, but in the "about" screen, it still says 1.3.6 as the version.

Ooooh... One last thing.  Has anyone else had the problem (maybe it hasn't been considered a problem.  Instance?) where the display picture doesn't switch back to your original picture, but continues to be the album a
Do you use IE?
RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by capitocapito on 11-21-2006 at 05:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
Do you use IE?

No.  I use Firefox 2.0.

Also, WLM 8.0.0812 and Plus! 4.01.0.240
Just in case it has anything to do with the problem... :P

I didn't really see it as a browser problem... but I could be wrong.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by Thor on 11-21-2006 at 05:51 PM

quote:

No.  I use Firefox 2.0.

Also, WLM 8.0.0812 and Plus! 4.01.0.240
Just in case it has anything to do with the problem... (Smilie)

I didn't really see it as a browser problem... but I could be wrong.
Hmm...

Weird...
* Thor checks..
No problem, the download is correct.

Try removing it, then download it form msig.info :)
Should work ;)

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 11-21-2006 at 06:21 PM

quote:

Try... clearing your cache?  Using a different browser?

quote:
Ooooh... One last thing.  Has anyone else had the problem (maybe it hasn't been considered a problem.  Instance?) where the display picture doesn't switch back to your original picture, but continues to be the album art.  Switching back (much like the PSM switches back) would be a nice feature.

Well, that was improved in the later versions... which you aren't getting for some reason.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by capitocapito on 11-21-2006 at 08:15 PM

I removed iTunes+, cleared the cache, downloaded it with Internet Explorer: still didn't work.  Then I tried the same on another different computer, and tried to import that file.  Still 1.3.6.

Maybe it would be easier to email a copy to me?  I reinstalled to Plus! 4.10 and repeated, and that didn't help at all either.

Any other ideas?

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by ~*McoreD*~ on 11-22-2006 at 01:18 PM

This is great Alex! Now I can set the Now Playing to the format I want. Thanks heaps.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by capitocapito on 11-22-2006 at 02:01 PM

Seriously, though, can anybody email me the .plsc for this file?  For some reason it just won't work!  Nobody can figure out why!

[Edit:]  Thanks guys!  I got it and it's working!

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by creepy675298 on 11-24-2006 at 08:34 PM

Now your website to download it doesn't work?

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 11-24-2006 at 08:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by creepy675298
Now your website to download it doesn't work?

Yeah, it's down right now.  Here's an attached copy in a zip for now:
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by creepy675298 on 11-24-2006 at 09:17 PM

Thanks very much

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by AmbulanceX on 11-25-2006 at 04:43 AM

alexp2_ad i was having troubles with getting my psm as title - album - artist.. but works perfect now.. in fact its currently set as "%title% - %album% - %artist%  [%elapsed%/%time%] - Played %playcount% Time(s)" which looks good and works well, eg: Round Here - The Blue Carpet Treatment - Snoop Dogg [3:26/3:42] - Played 1 Time(s) and then even has the Album art with it :)

Only bug with this is its taking a bit of time to generate the itunes+ name, so its swapping between the standard "title - artist" name and my itunes+ name.. but eventually stays as the itunes+ name.. either way tis great, just though I'd let you know. thanks for the great script.

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 11-25-2006 at 10:07 AM

quote:
alexp2_ad i was having troubles with getting my psm as title - album - artist.. but works perfect now.. in fact its currently set as "%title% - %album% - %artist%  [%elapsed%/%time%] - Played %playcount% Time(s)" which looks good and works well, eg: Round Here - The Blue Carpet Treatment - Snoop Dogg [3:26/3:42] - Played 1 Time(s) and then even has the Album art with it :)

Only bug with this is its taking a bit of time to generate the itunes+ name, so its swapping between the standard "title - artist" name and my itunes+ name.. but eventually stays as the itunes+ name.. either way tis great, just though I'd let you know. thanks for the great script.

I know... I was hoping most people wouldn't notice. :P  It's fairly unavoidable it seems.

BTW, with a PSM with that much stuff in it, it might frequently not fit in the PSM character limit.  Oh, and I don't think the elapsed will change.
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by AmbulanceX on 11-25-2006 at 11:09 AM

its been working pretty well, the time elapsed changes every 6 seconds in my name, but contacts can only see it change every 8 seconds or so.. but thats fine with me... having trouble getting into msn at the moment its reporting a malicious script so ive got to figure that out and hopefully the psm name might be working again... my whole computers a little screwed at the moment, i gave my memory away so its running on 256 till i get my gig delivered ha ha and right now ive been waiting 5 minutes just for live to open ha ha. cheers for the help alex. peace.

EDIT - but im in msn finial and its all working fine again, the names only ever to long when its a really long name, so mostly its fine. thanks mate. will.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by alexp2_ad on 12-01-2006 at 11:27 PM

Minor update:

* reduced line spacing in !sendme
* fixed page changing issue in !sendme
* scripting competition entry update :P

Download from the attachment. :)

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by tinpiliycfa on 12-01-2006 at 11:39 PM

don't know if this works with the new one but with the previous one, I had to go say yes in option everytime to make my avatar become the cover or it would not make it by itself.. But once I went to the option and said yes it works great.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by ~*McoreD*~ on 12-01-2006 at 11:46 PM

tinpiliycfa, can confirm the issue. Happened to myself too.

Thanks for the new update alex.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by creepy675298 on 12-06-2006 at 10:32 PM

Yeh, the avatar and PSM don't change on their own. I keep having to go into options and pressing save, to make it active.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by AmbulanceX on 12-17-2006 at 01:39 PM

yeah before all i had to do was click the plus logo and then the display picture would change, its not more annoying i have to go into settings and click save for it to start work. the thing i was fond of was haivng to click the plus icon, because it gave me an easy option to wether or not i wanted it to be changing my display, but now its annoying. I would love to see an easy quick command to stop it changing my display just so i can have my own picture up for a period, then a command to turn it back on once i want album covers going again.

what i actually came here to do was suggest a feature, something i would love to see. In convosation windows i would love an easy way to see what im listening to. Just text down the bottom or something telling me what is currently playing, the same title personal message.

this may have been a bit to much to read, but thanks for the script still. will.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by creepy675298 on 12-29-2006 at 01:04 AM

Alex you gonna reply?

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by AmbulanceX on 01-18-2007 at 09:26 AM

even more broken! its trashed actually... ha ha it wont change the display picture unless i save the setting, but it will only change once, so every time a new song plays i have to save settings again if i want the display to work... so yeah that features pretty much useless now and i really want it back.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by AmbulanceX on 01-18-2007 at 09:28 AM

i think i just fixed it.. just downloaded the one from the script data bass, and its changing again...

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by aNILEator on 03-10-2007 at 12:09 AM

that happens to me too :( with and without the database version

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by ~*McoreD*~ on 03-25-2007 at 01:21 AM

Another great feature addition would be to revert back to last *manually* browsed Display Pic when the song is not playing.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by aNILEator on 03-26-2007 at 07:03 PM

Just to let some of you know, I spoke to alex a while ago, he's pretty busy with university stuff and hardly gets an internet connection ever (last i heard he was hanging out his window to get a slow dialup conenction via wireless) This may mean he has dropped his laptop since he's not online much these days :(

but I do know he has a slightly updated version himself and realises there are lots of bugs to fix (but I don't think he has the motivation to fix them these days) with 'the scene' being pretty slow at the moment I can't blame him.

---------------------------------

Is anyone else having troubles with contacts attempting to download songs off you? They can see the first page but then nothing happens if they try to use > to move ahead

itunes+ 1.6.2 (database)
itunes 7.1.1
Vista Ultimate x64

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by yuniao on 04-21-2007 at 01:47 PM

Hello,
First of all, I apologize for my poor english. :S
There are a lot of page so I didn't read all those.
But I have a big problem...
I love Itune+ but the major part of time, when I search a lyric or album art, the log search but find nothing...
It's like searching never end and something block the search...
But sometimes it works so I don't understand...
I leave firewall, all is close. Anyone have an Idea? :(
Thank you.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by creepy675298 on 04-25-2007 at 04:49 PM

The lyrics is because of the website. leoslyrics, the searches have errors alot, thats why you r getting bad results.

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by DotAJaX on 11-20-2007 at 05:09 AM

For some reason I can't install iTunes+, every time I try it gives me the error:

"An error occurred while importing the script files."

I am using Windows Vista Ultimate x32, and the latest version of iTunes.

Please help, I had this one of my other computers and I loved it and I would really like it on this one!

RE: RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by ffc2004 on 02-06-2008 at 09:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DotAJaX
For some reason I can't install iTunes+, every time I try it gives me the error:

"An error occurred while importing the script files."

Same here...can anyone send me the latest version, or the beta version, or just give me help? lol

Tried downloading from msig links but the site's down :(
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by SmokingCookie on 10-28-2008 at 06:08 PM

@ alexp2_ad:

I'd like to inform you that the Dutch translation is full of spelling errors. Would you like me to give it another shot?

RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by roflmao456 on 10-28-2008 at 08:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
@ alexp2_ad:

I'd like to inform you that the Dutch translation is full of spelling errors. Would you like me to give it another shot?
seems that last time he logged in to msghelp was in 2007..
probably if i have enough time somehow i could try and contact him and 'take over' the project/script :P
RE: iTunes+ - An iTunes Script For MP!L by manutdmike on 11-18-2008 at 06:59 PM

hi all please if you can help me i have downloaded this script i saved the file then opened it up, it was successeful then i went to have a look on the menu of msg plus in messenger and there was nothing there about itunes+ ?? please help this is my first time any help will be greatful thanks HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP