Shoutbox

Old Backup Definitions... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Old Backup Definitions... (/showthread.php?tid=61052)

Old Backup Definitions... by grik on 06-25-2006 at 01:13 AM

Hellp, first of all, congrat to all who worked in this new LIVE verson of Plus, great job really, im using PLUS since v1, just now i registered to your forums, cause i had a problem with this new version:

I use contact list costumized by PLUS, in earlier 3.6 version, but now i cant import it cause its not compatible in LIVE version.

My question is, could you please refer me to a software that can READ the Backup 3.6 Plus File, so i can read all the costumized names i had there, and put it in MSN database since now it supports, or in the new PLUS LIVE.

Or a simple converter.

I aprecciate all the help, i love your software and many many friends have been referred by me and they are in love to.

Thanks again for the quick reply

RE: Old Backup Definitions... by Mnjul on 06-25-2006 at 01:16 AM

I'm sorry, but there's currently no software that is capable of doing this. :(

May I suggest you temporarily revert back to MSN Messenger 7.5 and Messenger Plus! 3.6, import your settings and then install WLM/Plus! Live again? Plus! Live would automatically transfer your old settings from the registry (where the settings are internally stored).

Please reply if you have more questions or need more explanation ;)

RE: Old Backup Definitions... by grik on 06-25-2006 at 01:19 AM

well i had MSN 7.5 with PLUS 3.6 with the definitions, and i installed it without removing MSN or PLUS, so isnt the same? what i did and what you told me to do ?

im sorry im confused...

RE: Old Backup Definitions... by Mnjul on 06-25-2006 at 01:25 AM

Hey, grik,

I'm sorry that I forgot to mention one important thing to you:

Messenger Plus! Live does not have built-in custom names feature (to avoid redundancy since WLM has it). The custom names features from old Plus! will not be transferred to WLM, sorry.

Again, sorry for causing your confusions :(

RE: Old Backup Definitions... by grik on 06-25-2006 at 01:31 AM

No problem mate, you have been to great help, couldnt ask for more so fast.

Well im gonna add it manually all the costum nicknames, its a great thing that gets lost, cause you know, not everyone trusts Microsoft or MSN.

I guess seattle pushed you guys into disabling that version and pusshing people to add the info in theirs servers. That is a "not good" stuff.

Thanks again, i love your software anyways.