Shoutbox

Old Contact Definitions - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Old Contact Definitions (/showthread.php?tid=61084)

Old Contact Definitions by Kasra on 06-25-2006 at 03:19 AM

I was just wondering where all of my old contact definitions went when I installed the new plus live! 4.00... I really liked when I could see exactly how many days it had been since I had last talked to some of my contacts. I would also like to know where they've gone and if it's possible to get them back somehow, seeing as how I don't want to start all over again with the contact info such as the # of days.

Thanks

~Kas

RE: Old Contact Definitions by Mnjul on 06-25-2006 at 03:20 AM

Hello Kasra,
I'm aware that you are talking about the custom names feature of Plus!. However, the feature is not availble in Plus! Live (to avoid redundency, since WLM has it by itself). I'm sorry, but you might have to rename the contacts in WLM by yourself :(

RE: Old Contact Definitions by Kasra on 06-25-2006 at 03:22 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. However, although my contact list renames were important, what is more important is the contact information such as the number of days that I last spoke to my contacts. Is there any way that I could get those implanted into the new plus! life 4.00 rather than starting all over again?

RE: Old Contact Definitions by Mnjul on 06-25-2006 at 03:25 AM

There's currently no quick way or a tool to do this. Allow me to explain why:
The old custom names from Plus! are stored encrypted in your computer. Only Patchou, the developer of Plus!, knows the algorithm of the encryption. Therefore, it is unlikely that someone but Patchou can create a tool to import the old custom names from Plus! 3 to WLM. :)