Shoutbox

Feature gone? The "(" to bring up the emoticon box? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Feature gone? The "(" to bring up the emoticon box? (/showthread.php?tid=61105)

Feature gone? The "(" to bring up the emoticon box? by alphax45 on 06-25-2006 at 04:42 AM

Hi all

Hopefully I am just missing it, as we my absolute favorite part of Plus, but in Live! the feature to bring up the emoticon box when you typed a ( (open bracket) appears to be gone!

If someone knows where it is; please let me know.

Thank you in advance

RE: Feature gone? The "(" to bring up the emoticon box? by Mnjul on 06-25-2006 at 04:43 AM

Hey alphax45,
I'm sorry to inform you that the quick icon panel is currently unavailble in Messenger Plus! Live. However, it's been suggested in the private betatester-only subforum, and may be brought back in future Plus! Live releases. Stay tuned :)

RE: Feature gone? The "(" to bring up the emoticon box? by alphax45 on 06-25-2006 at 04:52 AM

Hmmm another suggestion, allow to customize the size of the display icons in the contact list. They are HUGE in Live!. I may just go back to 7.5 soon, some of the stuff in Live! is starting to annoy me. Is MSN going to make you switch to Live! at some point?

RE: Feature gone? The "(" to bring up the emoticon box? by Chestah on 06-25-2006 at 05:36 AM

Infact Patchou mentioned himself that he was sorry that he couldn't get this feature back before the first release. I'm 100% sure this will be added in the next release :).

RE: Feature gone? The "(" to bring up the emoticon box? by alphax45 on 06-25-2006 at 05:58 AM

I was talking about possibly have a feature in a future release of Plus Live! that would allow you to adjust the size of the icons so they are not so huge. Good to know the "(" will be coming back.

RE: Feature gone? The "(" to bring up the emoticon box? by zoug on 06-25-2006 at 08:14 AM

so sad, this feature is a must have ! think i will stick to 7.5 till this feature come back :( It soooooooooooo Useful !

RE: Feature gone? The "(" to bring up the emoticon box? by Sandman on 06-25-2006 at 08:16 AM

Yeh, i also miss it ALOT!

RE: Feature gone? The "(" to bring up the emoticon box? by alphax45 on 06-25-2006 at 03:24 PM

Is there any kind of offical time line as to when this may be back? I know Patchou leads a busy life, but he must have some idea

RE: Feature gone? The "(" to bring up the emoticon box? by ivan300 on 06-25-2006 at 03:27 PM

why dont you just press Ctrl + E :P

RE: Feature gone? The "(" to bring up the emoticon box? by R2-D2 on 06-25-2006 at 03:50 PM

Ctrl E doesnt show ALL! Just pined, wich more are almost 1/4 of all my emoticons.
And more, i'v been searching, no other prog can do this, quick panel (for wlm 8). There is that crapy (and trojan infected) EZ-Emoticons, bu only works on msn 6.5 or 7.
So when Plus! Live got this feature it will be, once again(as it is in other features), the only addon to have it!
I can't wait :P