Shoutbox

When right click on the setup i get : Password for "spinstall.exe" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: When right click on the setup i get : Password for "spinstall.exe" (/showthread.php?tid=61117)

When right click on the setup i get : Password for "spinstall.exe" by R2-D2 on 06-25-2006 at 05:20 AM

I cant understand why. Every time i try to rick click on it, this little dialog appers. I'm using Plus! 4 . The install was ok and everything seems to work fine.

[Image: bugz.png]

I'v tried many passwords, but none work, clicking cancel lead me to another dialog! The same as this, but with the title "Password for Sponsor Afreement (es).rtf" and again closing the dialog or clicking cancel the same, but now (fr).rtf then (ne), (pt) and finally only "Password for Sponsor Afreement.rtf".
I thought i was some adware, but spybot found nothing, and neither BitDefender. I'm sure this is a bug of Plus, since it doesnt happen with anyother setup file or any file at all.
I was checking right now, right clicking on the Plus! 3 setup and guess what?
i get a "Confirm" dialog say this "Invalid size of check sum of file unsupported compression format - Native error 00008. File processing error, possibly disk full" Abort, Retry, Ignore.  :S

This could be another program interfirin on plus install ? Because, no other file get me this stuff!
-
Windows XP Pro, SP2 (5 Gb free space)
WLV 8
Messenger Discovery Live
Msg Plus! 4
AMD Athlon 2 Ghz, 1Gb Ram, Nvidia tornado 128 mb.

Possible progz buging with plus:
Winrar, Zip Genius, Bit Defender or somehting else that appear on the right click menu...
(Hope i posted on the right forum, and that i'v made my self clear even not beeing native speaker of english)

RE: When right click on the setup i get : Password for "spinstall.exe" by R.J on 06-25-2006 at 05:27 AM

well first id say uninstall it, then download it again and DONT install the sponser

RE: When right click on the setup i get : Password for "spinstall.exe" by Patchou on 06-25-2006 at 06:16 AM

You probably have a strange zip software installed on your system causing this error, this is not a bug in Messenger Plus!.

RE: When right click on the setup i get : Password for "spinstall.exe" by R2-D2 on 06-25-2006 at 03:42 PM

I did unistall and re download, and re install, still the same thing.
But no problem at all, i wont be right clicking the setup everyday :)
Thnks anyway