Shoutbox

white gap - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: white gap (/showthread.php?tid=61135)

white gap by Patchou on 06-25-2006 at 06:21 AM

great new design for the forum.... but is the big white gap between the blue navigation bar and the forum's section title intentional? seems like too much to me :).

RE: white gap by Ahmad on 06-25-2006 at 06:23 AM

Also the header and blue "Community Forums" area take up alot more space than the old design. Looks good though.

RE: white gap by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 06:23 AM

I like it but a colored gap would be better.

RE: white gap by NiteMare on 06-25-2006 at 06:23 AM

it does seem like there is alot of white space, also i don't think the main part fits the header colour

RE: white gap by Chestah on 06-25-2006 at 06:29 AM

Also there should be a bigger gap between the title "Community Forum" and the actual links below it.

RE: white gap by WDZ on 06-25-2006 at 06:29 AM

wow, there is a lot of white space in Internet Explorer, like double the amount that Opera and Firefox show :dodgy:

I'll look into that... might be a simple fix...

RE: white gap by Discrate on 06-25-2006 at 06:29 AM

I agree to much white, you know around where is says home,news,downlaod ect i think there should be colour around them like coulour in the links or coulour around them.

RE: white gap by Guido on 06-25-2006 at 06:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
great new design for the forum.... but is the big white gap between the blue navigation bar and the forum's section title intentional? seems like too much to me :).
I think it could be reduced. We were talking with (IIRC) Surfichris about this and settled on leaving it with that padding, but I agree on some pages (basically everywhere except the index) we could save a couple of tens of pixels.
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
it does seem like there is alot of white space, also i don't think the main part fits the header colour
More discussion about that here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61017

RE: RE: white gap by Guido on 06-25-2006 at 06:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
wow, there is a lot of white space in Internet Explorer, like double the amount that Opera and Firefox show :dodgy:

I'll look into that... might be a simple fix...

Wow, damn! So that's what Patchou was talking about :P

Yes WDZ, it's a simple fix, adding CSS in a conditional comment with half the padding. IE has a double padding bug.

It was solved in http://www.msgpluslive.net/css/iehacks.css, for example
RE: white gap by WDZ on 06-25-2006 at 06:56 AM

Meh... I can't figure out how to fix it... :(

* WDZ slaps surfi around a bit with a large trout.

RE: white gap by surfichris on 06-25-2006 at 07:46 AM

Guido worked some magic and it is now fixed.

RE: white gap by Guido on 06-25-2006 at 07:47 AM

Should be fixed now :)