Shoutbox

Scripts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Scripts (/showthread.php?tid=61144)

Scripts by welshboy222 on 06-25-2006 at 06:53 AM

Hi want to put scripts on my live messenger I downloaded the file and put it in my recieved files but I can't open the file as my computer says windows will search for the file on the internet. Where do I put this file and how do I install it?

RE: Scripts by R.J on 06-25-2006 at 06:55 AM

first open wlm then go to Plus!> prefrences

then select scripts> and click "add" and find to where your script is, then load it:)

RE: Scripts by Terry_K on 06-25-2006 at 07:01 AM

The script should work by opening it if the extension is .plsc though.

RE: Scripts by Chestah on 06-25-2006 at 07:11 AM

If the extension of the script is downloaded as ".zip" please rename it to ".plsc" and then double click it. It will install and be automatically enabled :).

RE: Scripts by welshboy222 on 06-25-2006 at 07:12 AM

no its plsc but I go into preferences and then into plugins and it says no plugins installed or activated.

RE: Scripts by R.J on 06-25-2006 at 07:13 AM

it doesnt for me:S

RE: Scripts by fergofrog on 06-25-2006 at 08:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by welshboy222
no its plsc but I go into preferences and then into plugins and it says no plugins installed or activated.

Did you click import button?
RE: Scripts by welshboy222 on 06-25-2006 at 08:20 AM

where is dat?

RE: RE: Scripts by CookieRevised on 06-25-2006 at 08:25 AM

To other people giving support (in this thread):
It is very excellent that you do (y). But please don't post or make suggestions if you don't know or don't understand the questions. It is very hard for other helpers to correct mistakes or fix the confussions caused by such posts.

Also, before giving support, at least ask the original poster what version of  Messenger and Messenger Plus! they are using if they didn't provided this already (or if they didn't gave a clue)!

This is very highly important as now that Messenger Plus! Live is released, some things work differently depending on the version of Plus! you're using.
The same goes for issues with Messenger itself.

To welshboy222 and others with questions:
Always clearly state what version of Messenger Plus! you are using.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Hi want to put scripts on my live messenger I downloaded the file and put it in my recieved files but I can't open the file as my computer says windows will search for the file on the internet. Where do I put this file and how do I install it?

quote:
its plsc but I go into preferences and then into plugins and it says no plugins installed or activated.
If it says "plugins" you are using Messenger Plus! 3....

The scripts and scriptpacks (the files with the .PLSC extension) are meant for Messenger Plus! Live.

The new script-system replaces the plugin-system which was present in Messenger Plus! 3.

Messenger Plus! 3 can only load plugins and is not compatible with the new script-system.

Messenger Plus! Live can only load script. If you want old-style plugins you need to recreate your plugin as a script or make a wrapper-script which will load your plugin.
RE: Scripts by fergofrog on 06-25-2006 at 08:26 AM

Go to Plus Live Preferences then the general tab then the scripts tab. Next to the white box it say's Import.

Otherwise you can locate where you saved it and double click on the file.

RE: Scripts by welshboy222 on 06-25-2006 at 08:27 AM

I think I have WLM but it doesn't look any different and wheers that import button?

I havn't found a script tab and I have installed WLM but it looks liek that its not WLM but old messenger

RE: Scripts by fergofrog on 06-25-2006 at 08:32 AM

In messenger go to Help then About Messenger and what does it say there it should say Windows Live Messenger. What Version of Messenger Plus are you using if you are using Windows Live Messenger you should have the new one.

RE: Scripts by welshboy222 on 06-25-2006 at 08:34 AM

it says msn messenger get 7.5 *cries*
I'm sure I installed it!

RE: Scripts by fergofrog on 06-25-2006 at 08:35 AM

Well there's your problem go to http://messenger.msn.com/ to download the latest messenger.

RE: Scripts by Zahid™ on 06-25-2006 at 08:36 AM

quote:
it says msn messenger get 7.5 *cries*
I'm sure I installed it!
Go here to download WLM: http://get.live.com/messenger/overview and then download MsgPlus Live and then install the script.
RE: Scripts by welshboy222 on 06-25-2006 at 08:37 AM

Im confused who do I listen 2?

RE: Scripts by fergofrog on 06-25-2006 at 08:37 AM

They both do the same thing either one.

RE: Scripts by welshboy222 on 06-25-2006 at 08:47 AM

Hey guys I can't prefrences and how do I make my contacts look larger thanks!

RE: Scripts by fergofrog on 06-25-2006 at 08:52 AM

U might need to download Messenger Plus! Live and install it then click either at the top bar Plus! then Preferences... or if the topbar isn't there there is a little box with an arrow in it next to minimise click on the then Plus! then Preferences...

To make contacts larger next to Find a contact or number there is a button which is add a contact, next to add a contact there is manage your contacts click on that then click show details.

RE: Scripts by welshboy222 on 06-25-2006 at 08:54 AM

Where can I get Plus live?

RE: Scripts by Plik on 06-25-2006 at 08:55 AM

http://www.msgpluslive.com

RE: Scripts by welshboy222 on 06-25-2006 at 08:57 AM

thanks!

RE: Scripts by Terry_K on 06-25-2006 at 08:57 AM

The site is http://www.msgpluslive.net as advertised.

Also, since that the forum has been integrated into the listed site, you can just click on download (between news and features) at the top of the page.

EDIT: How slow was I?

RE: Scripts by welshboy222 on 06-25-2006 at 08:58 AM

Yer I downloaded that first to get WLM lol

RE: Scripts by fergofrog on 06-25-2006 at 08:59 AM

quote:
Yer I downloaded that first to get WLM lol

lol woopsies