Shoutbox

ColorNick 2 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: ColorNick 2 (/showthread.php?tid=61150)

ColorNick 2 by coolman0704 on 06-25-2006 at 07:01 AM

Hi

When comes the Script "ColorNick 2" ?

RE: ColorNick 2 by prashker on 06-25-2006 at 07:02 AM

There is no script coming out called ColorNick 2 :P

ColorNick 2 is a plugin for Messenger Plus 3 :P

RE: ColorNick 2 by MX-G on 06-25-2006 at 07:05 AM

MsgPlus! Live have new easy feature to changue the color of your nick ;)

RE: ColorNick 2 by lordy on 06-25-2006 at 07:05 AM

I think he probably means.. when will ColorNick be made Plus! Live compatible? :P

You'd have to ask the creator: Mithrandir

RE: ColorNick 2 by Blackis on 06-25-2006 at 09:36 AM

Ok you cant just make msg plus and tell all ppl you need to make your own plugins.

cant you reverse the most popular plugins to msg plus live?
Stuff plugin ng was very popular.

RE: RE: ColorNick 2 by ThunderStorm on 06-25-2006 at 09:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Blackis
Ok you cant just make msg plus and tell all ppl you need to make your own plugins.

Stuff Plug NG 3 is going to be a stand alone plugin.
It doensn't need MSG Plus! anymore.

I don't know the releasedate of SPNG 3

RE: ColorNick 2 by absorbation on 06-25-2006 at 09:39 AM

quote:

It's not that simple, creators may not want that to happen and there will be issues getting them to work proberly. At the end of the day it is up to the devloper of the plugin if they want to update their work to be compatible with Messenger Plus! Live :).
RE: RE: ColorNick 2 by alexp2_ad on 06-25-2006 at 09:40 AM

quote:

Oh, I think you'll find they can. :P

I'm sure in very little time there'll be a lot more scripts than there ever were plugins for messenger plus.
RE: ColorNick 2 by aNILEator on 06-25-2006 at 10:32 AM

messenger plus has the ability to do these colour codes now much easier [c=2]This will even gradient it[/c=16] where the numbers are changeable for the different colours you want

RE: RE: ColorNick 2 by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 10:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
messenger plus has the ability to do these colour codes now much easier [c=2]This will even gradient it[/c=16] where the numbers are changeable for the different colours you want

the thing with that is it doesn't work for people with MSN 7.5 and Plus! 3.xx
RE: RE: RE: ColorNick 2 by AvecMon on 06-25-2006 at 11:18 AM

Yeah, could someone tell me an example colour code (the one which is compatible with MSN 7.5/Plus 3.XX users) please? I can then work around with that and type in random numbers for more colours for my WLM screen name. Thanks:)

RE: ColorNick 2 by markee on 06-25-2006 at 11:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AvecMon
Yeah, could someone tell me an example colour code (the one which is compatible with MSN 7.5/Plus 3.XX users) please? I can then work around with that and type in random numbers for more colours for my WLM screen name. Thanks:)
Something like "·$#FF379B" that's to make a pink colour (the only one of m friends to be using it has to have pink............*rolls eyes*)
RE: ColorNick 2 by AvecMon on 06-25-2006 at 11:51 AM

Thankyou very much Markee:) Just want to ask another question....
How Can I Format My WLM Screen Name? (e.g. Bold , Italics etc.)

RE: ColorNick 2 by markee on 06-25-2006 at 11:55 AM

I know you can use the BBcode but your friends using 7.5 won't be able to read it, was there even a way of making you nickname bold or italic or anything like that with 3.xx??? (sorry it's been so long, mayb ask one of your friends what it is assuming there is was a way).  Next best thing is to get your friends to update there stuff so they can read the BBcode (assuming they have at least Windows 2000) (Y)

RE: ColorNick 2 by Mr. Bougo on 06-25-2006 at 12:36 PM

You can use the /name command and the format shortcuts!

ctrl k for color
ctrl b for bold
ctrl t for italic
ctrl u for underlined
ctrl o for "back to normal"

RE: RE: ColorNick 2 by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 12:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
I know you can use the BBcode but your friends using 7.5 won't be able to read it, was there even a way of making you nickname bold or italic or anything like that with 3.xx??? (sorry it's been so long, mayb ask one of your friends what it is assuming there is was a way).  Next best thing is to get your friends to update there stuff so they can read the BBcode (assuming they have at least Windows 2000) (Y)

there was, it was really complicated though, would be nice to get it back to be compatible with 3.xx though. (or maybe an update to version 3 to accept BB code)
RE: RE: RE: ColorNick 2 by CookieRevised on 06-25-2006 at 08:56 PM

Always search forums first before asking a question........
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Something like "·$#FF379B" that's to make a pink colour (the only one of m friends to be using it has to have pink............*rolls eyes*)
Please do not provide those internal codes. They are very unfriendly and do not teach people to use the proper quick and easy way of coloring text.

Instead, use the shortcut keys like Mr. Bougo has stated.

quote:
Originally posted by Jellings
quote:
was there even a way of making you nickname bold or italic or anything like that with 3.xx???
there was, it was really complicated though, would be nice to get it back to be compatible with 3.xx though. (or maybe an update to version 3 to accept BB code)
There was nothing complicated about it...

Moreover it will still work and will still be compatible with the previous Plus! version if you use IRC style color codes

To enable the use of IRC style codes in Plus!Live see:
CookieRevised's reply to MSN Nicks

To color text, nicks, etc using IRC style codes see:
http://www.msgplus.net/help_tutorials.php?tut=multi-format
http://www.msgplus.net/help_tutorials.php?tut=multi-format-colors
RE: ColorNick 2 by zse on 09-25-2006 at 09:13 PM

Hi! I've just found this topic, so I can ask you: is MessengerLive + Live Plus as good as 7.5+ Plus 3.xx+ClolrNick2? 'Cos I've tried to look for a sentence, that sayes Live can color nick as ColorNick, so not just colors, you choose, but to combine 2 color. You know what I mean? Cos if it can, I will download it, because we have enough of the older one.
One of my friend's have the more little problem (her colornick just sometimes dosen't work), but some of us the more bigger. Just with ColorNick2. Somehow the Messenger Plus 3.xx can't see it. We did everything, uninstalled all, just deleted them, and nothing happens. Once or twice it sayes in the Plus's plugins bail (or what it is in english) that "there is a not loaded plugin: colornick2", and you can thick off, but it has no use, it disappers again, and saies: "there is no activ plugin at the moment". Have anybody heared of this problem? Or do you advise to change MSN 7.5 to Live and ti's plugins?

RE: ColorNick 2 by Chris4 on 09-25-2006 at 09:22 PM

I'd reccomend upgrading to Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live.

Here's a preview. You just type your name and then choose a colour. You can click the 'T' to select a gradient, then choose 2 colours.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=733861]

RE: ColorNick 2 by zse on 09-25-2006 at 09:34 PM

Cool, thanks! I will uninstall the old one and install the Live first thing tomorrow! Hope it will be OK!

RE: ColorNick 2 by Spunky on 09-25-2006 at 11:40 PM

so not just colors, you choose, but to combine 2 color.

If you mean gradients, there is a script you can download from the Scripts Database to do this :p

RE: ColorNick 2 by Wally on 12-01-2006 at 11:27 AM

colourNick for windows live plus! would be a great useful tool does eny 1 know something similar i can get iv been searching but not really what im looking for thankyou

RE: ColorNick 2 by markee on 12-01-2006 at 11:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wally lebo rambo
colourNick for windows live plus! would be a great useful tool does eny 1 know something similar i can get iv been searching but not really what im looking for thankyou
I am going to be releasing a script (along with NanaFreak) that has this feature plus a lot more features.  I'm having to recode the whole script because of the bad state that I had left it in (it was incomplete when I left it last time and was poorly written).  Btw, it is going to be called Message Customizer Live just so you know what you are keeping an eye out for.  Please be patient :cheesy:.
RE: ColorNick 2 by Wally on 12-01-2006 at 11:57 AM

OMG markee thank you so much onestly you a legend you dont understand how long i hav been looking for for this i will wait is there a way you can let me know when this will be done markee :D:D:D:D:D:):) thank you