Shoutbox

What about the contacts pictures in the main window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: What about the contacts pictures in the main window (/showthread.php?tid=61188)

What about the contacts pictures in the main window by bess on 06-25-2006 at 08:58 AM

I've got a question for all of you.
Did you find a way to show the pictures of your contacts in the main window of MSN ? (i can bear anymore this little green icon in front the contact name)
Or for the moment it's not possible, and Messenger Plus will fix that later?

thks
Bess

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by Zahid™ on 06-25-2006 at 09:00 AM

You can see the contacts display pictures in the contact list click on the two green arrows next to find a contact or number and tick Show Details, but then it becomes very large.

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by bess on 06-25-2006 at 09:05 AM

I know that we can have the big pictures...
But i prefer the little ones.
Because with all the details for one contact. Your last contact of your contact list arrived after 50 scrolls... ;)

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by NeuralTransmitter on 06-25-2006 at 09:05 AM

[Image: 15hmnvb.jpg]

This is what you mean I guess...

I will write a patch for it soon -- I don't know wheither it is policy to add features that require a patch in the DLL as a Plus! option? If so, I will happely submit it for packing with Plus! of course!!

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by bess on 06-25-2006 at 09:08 AM

yes... this is what i mean...

A little question like that you can not put the pictures instead the green icon ? Like before ?

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by NeuralTransmitter on 06-25-2006 at 09:31 AM

I have been looking into that, but the busy/away icon itself, doenst exist any longer as a single icon. So, I could leave the green icon away all together, but then, of course, you wouldn't see your contact's status.

RE: RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by shajiby on 06-25-2006 at 09:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NeuralTransmitter
[Image: 15hmnvb.jpg]

This is what you mean I guess...

I will write a patch for it soon -- I don't know wheither it is policy to add features that require a patch in the DLL as a Plus! option? If so, I will happely submit it for packing with Plus! of course!!

yea sounds good....hope to see it soon:D
RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by NeuralTransmitter on 06-25-2006 at 01:09 PM

One afternoon later, I managed to get this:
(this time, without the green buddies, as requested)

[Image: 15n0n79.jpg]

This is more what you liked, bess, I think :)

Also, notice I installed Plus! yesterday night, yes indeed :D

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by Nagamasa on 06-25-2006 at 01:11 PM

I liked the 1st screenie more. The logos itself (Stop sign and clock) seems to be too plain without the guy.

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by NeuralTransmitter on 06-25-2006 at 01:15 PM

I'll remember to make 2 patches

although with the latter, you win 10 pixels by leaving the green buddy out :)

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by LxBlck on 06-25-2006 at 01:52 PM

And it would be better if you manage to do the status icons attached to the DP's like how it was in 7.5

RE: RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by NeuralTransmitter on 06-25-2006 at 01:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LxBlck
And it would be better if you manage to do the status icons attached to the DP's like how it was in 7.5

yeah, I know, that would be the ultimate goal of course. But, I'm not sure it is feasible with Live, because the controls are seperated now.

I'm trying to get my hands on some older files, so I can compare how it was done in MSN 7.5. But I think the current way, will be the closest I'll get...
RE: RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by bess on 06-25-2006 at 05:11 PM

quote:
One afternoon later, I managed to get this:
(this time, without the green buddies, as requested)

[Image: 15n0n79.jpg]

This is more what you liked, bess, I think :)

Also, notice I installed Plus! yesterday night, yes indeed :D

yeah this one is really great. How did you that ? ;)
RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by Antrax` on 06-25-2006 at 07:33 PM

I hope it will be released soon! Keep up the good work!

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by djsolidsnake86 on 06-25-2006 at 10:28 PM

where i can download this patch?
is fantastic!

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by NeuralTransmitter on 06-26-2006 at 12:21 AM

I've been working on a patch framework for the greater part of this evening... But it is far from finished. The first 'change'-pieces went well, but now I'm combatting memory allocations for the 'addition'-pieces which I cannot manage at this time of the night. I'll continue on the job tomorrow.

It's fun to see you all being so interested :)

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by spky on 06-26-2006 at 02:25 AM

Yes we are!!! Hope see it working soon! Thanks for the work!!!

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by bess on 06-26-2006 at 06:23 AM

thks for the job, neural.. we're all with you ;)

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by Matti on 06-26-2006 at 06:38 AM

I like the idea, maybe you can try to place the PSM's beneath the names, make the DP's 32*32 and place the status icons in the right bottom corner of the DP, just like in the good old MSN Messenger. :P
I guess many people will like that. ;)

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by hello on 06-26-2006 at 09:30 AM

has the patch for it been released? looks funky :D

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by Nagamasa on 06-26-2006 at 10:54 AM

Have fun making it! We'll all look forward to the patch (most likely my 1st patch)!

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by NeuralTransmitter on 06-26-2006 at 05:46 PM

Good news :) the first version of the patch (cfr. http://i4.tinypic.com/15hmnvb.jpg ) has been written. I will run several compatibility tests in the coming two days, to make sure nothing (too) bad happens ;)  I'll write the second version (cfr. http://i4.tinypic.com/15n0n79.jpg ) later this week.

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by dagsaag on 06-26-2006 at 07:02 PM

Nice. Finally i can go back to WLM. This is one of the main features that made me go back to msn 7.5. Cant wait to get hold of it, great job:D. Everything will be complete once MS are gettin rid of the WLM(WLM makes me dizzy somehow:S) name and go back to the ultrapopular msn messenger brand:P

RE: RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by djsolidsnake86 on 06-26-2006 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Good news :) the first version of the patch (cfr. http://i4.tinypic.com/15hmnvb.jpg ) has been written. I will run several compatibility tests in the coming two days, to make sure nothing (too) bad happens ;)  I'll write the second version (cfr. http://i4.tinypic.com/15n0n79.jpg ) later this week.

i'll wait the second version
very thankyou! ;)
RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by Antrax` on 06-27-2006 at 10:46 AM

It would be great if you could give us a "beta" so that we can test it and give u a feedback.

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by D_only_1 on 06-27-2006 at 03:04 PM

NeuralTransmitter, could you explain how you did the modification so that we could make our own version at a custom size? You did a good job but i think the pictures are too small now :P

I was looking more for something like this:
[Image: msnlivecontacto22di.jpg]

RE: RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by djsolidsnake86 on 06-27-2006 at 03:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by D_only_1
NeuralTransmitter, could you explain how you did the modification so that we could make our own version at a custom size? You did a good job but i think the pictures are too small now :P

i don't like it
i think that the little green icon of every contact must be replaced by a little avatar (like msn 7.5) :)
RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by Nagamasa on 06-27-2006 at 08:14 PM

Or maybe a medium sized one that can fit 2 lines. The 'no detail' one is a bit too small, and the one with details is too big. I find the picts D_only_1's  the perfect fit, like Goldilocks and the 3 Bears.

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by DaeronTinúviel on 06-27-2006 at 08:19 PM

got to ask:

i manage to reduce the DP to whatever size i want but i cant reduce d default blue DP, did u manage to do that? if so could u share?

right now i just change the DP placement

[Image: msndpderecha8kr.th.jpg]

what i will like to know is how to change the deafult blue DP, and change it for something else
[Image: attachment.php?pid=679577]

thanks and good luck

RE: RE: RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by D_only_1 on 06-27-2006 at 09:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djsolidsnake86
quote:
Originally posted by D_only_1

i don't like it
i think that the little green icon of every contact must be replaced by a little avatar (like msn 7.5) :)

Yes, if there was no green buddy and the status icon could be over the picture (like 7.5) would be cool, but it seems that that's no longer possible (at least according to what was said by NeuralTransmitter). Since the picture and status icons now have to be apart, might as well leave the green buddy there.. i'm ok wiht it. But a version with only the status icons also seems possible, but only on the side.
RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by NeuralTransmitter on 06-27-2006 at 10:31 PM

I have added 3 options now:
1) normal list with small dp's
2) normal list with small dp's and no green buddy
3) detailed list with medium dp's and hidden email (so 2 lines only)

It's nearly finished, I hope to do remove some final bugs tomorrow. Today I spent the better part implementing additional requests from the forum (thanks for your input all!) and making sure that running the patch twice, doesn't turn your messenger into rubbish :)

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by ~INVASION~ on 06-27-2006 at 10:56 PM

very nice, cant wait to use it!! you rule man :D

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by CapriSkye on 06-28-2006 at 01:01 AM

seems like this feature is what most people want
i'm used to the old dp too, can wait to see it in action
great work!

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by RastamanX on 06-28-2006 at 01:21 AM

I'd prefer medium DPs + 2 lines :
email address - nickname
custom msg
So there'll finally be a way to see the email address AND the nickname even if you select View contacts by email address :)

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by NeuralTransmitter on 06-28-2006 at 07:55 AM

There should be no compatibility issues, since it only patches the 'looks' of msn, not the executable itself.

Tonight, however, I will get in touch with mess.be, and hope to hear from them soon.

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by Antrax` on 06-28-2006 at 08:59 AM

When will be patch out?

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by DaeronTinúviel on 06-28-2006 at 11:32 AM

i will like to know where to look to change the size of the default DP and change it for something else

RE: RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by CoreyTaylor_8 on 06-28-2006 at 12:31 PM

quote:

It's nearly finished, I hope to do remove some final bugs tomorrow. Today I spent the better part implementing additional requests from the forum (thanks for your input all!) and making sure that running the patch twice, doesn't turn your messenger into rubbish :)

So... the msn 8 will be like 7.5? Images in the left of contact list?

Explain me pls. :]
RE: RE: RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by bockyPT on 06-28-2006 at 04:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CoreyTaylor_8So... the msn 8 will be like 7.5? Images in the left of contact list?

There are screenshots and examples on this thread, just read it to see how it'll look.
RE: RE: RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by Nagamasa on 06-28-2006 at 10:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CoreyTaylor_8
quote:

So... the msn 8 will be like 7.5? Images in the left of contact list?

Go to http://spaces.msn.com/MessengerSays and go look at the photos. Those are the real screenshots.
RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by |Rolando| on 06-29-2006 at 01:56 AM

NeuralTransmitter, in case what you are doing is replacing PNG 597 with a smaller/resized one, note that it used elsewhere in Messenger. If not well, you're smarter than me :)

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by Graventhorp on 06-29-2006 at 02:36 AM

Ok...THIS is what I've been waiting for. So should I wait for this patch instead of using the reshack msgsres.dll trick?

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by Nagamasa on 06-29-2006 at 11:10 AM

Is this gonna be released in a form of a script?

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by |Rolando| on 06-29-2006 at 12:33 PM

Sorry NeuralTransmitter, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I've already figured this out. It seems PNG 597 isn't used elsewhere in Messenger (at least nowhere noticeable) and resizing it solves the problem... so I'll be including this feature in the next Mess Patch.

Edit: UserTileView does the trick :)

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by DaeronTinúviel on 06-29-2006 at 12:36 PM

w00t!!!!!!

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by DaeronTinúviel on 06-29-2006 at 02:28 PM

i have try to replace the PNG 597 with no luck....

i hit replace then put:

PNG

and language i leave it empty....

anything wrong?

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by |Rolando| on 06-29-2006 at 05:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DaeronTinúviel

i have try to replace the PNG 597 with no luck....

i hit replace then put:

PNG

and language i leave it empty....

anything wrong?

Actually you should put 4000 instead of PNG.
RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by DaeronTinúviel on 06-29-2006 at 05:39 PM

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! lets try again

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by DaeronTinúviel on 06-29-2006 at 05:53 PM

yes!!!!!! thanks rolando, BTW how about including in messpatch an option to move contacts DP to the right side, i think it looks less clutter that way, thanks again for the tip

[Image: msn32x321vp.jpg]

RE: RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by CoreyTaylor_8 on 06-29-2006 at 07:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DaeronTinúviel
yes!!!!!! thanks rolando, BTW how about including in messpatch an option to move contacts DP to the right side, i think it looks less clutter that way, thanks again for the tip

[Image: msn32x321vp.jpg]

I think that's better in the left, above the green icon.

Something like that (7.5 style):

[Image: msn32x321vp7pg.jpg]

Is it possible?
RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by DaeronTinúviel on 06-29-2006 at 07:50 PM

it looks fine but not my style, i think it takes more space that way

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by NeuralTransmitter on 06-29-2006 at 10:52 PM

Well, you figured it all out, not that is that hard of course :) and not that is any kind of secret (I was going to post it on the website later on)

Anyhow, for those still interested, you can find an automated patch with the three options, being:

Download it at http://neuraltransmitter.10gb.org

Hope you enjoy it!

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by TheAngel on 06-29-2006 at 11:05 PM

nice work, its also possible to bring back the text of the status in front of the nick like 7.5? the (away), (busy), ... ?

if so you or rolando in the mess patch make a option for it

thnks

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by |Rolando| on 06-29-2006 at 11:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheAngel
nice work, its also possible to bring back the text of the status in front of the nick like 7.5? the (away), (busy), ... ?

if so you or rolando in the mess patch make a option for it

thnks
consider it done ;) (for English versions of Messenger only though)
RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by Nerwin on 06-30-2006 at 01:13 AM

suppose to have a problem, figured it out :P
thx for this very useful patch (y)

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by Noamuth on 06-30-2006 at 09:17 AM

*waves* Newbie here.

Man, you guys are awesome. I've been looking for something like this for about a week now, and it's been driving me insane.

Now, I only have one little problem (at least I hope it's a little one).

I used the patch and selected the small dp's option. Now they're too tiny. >.<

I would like to switch it to the medium sized dp's, but I don't know how to change it. Could someone please tell me how? It says on the web page: please revert to the *.DPBAK backup in the program directory to undo the last change

.. But I have no idea what that means. Help!

RE: RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by bess on 06-30-2006 at 09:33 AM

quote:
Well, you figured it all out, not that is that hard of course :) and not that is any kind of secret (I was going to post it on the website later on)

Anyhow, for those still interested, you can find an automated patch with the three options, being:

Download it at http://neuraltransmitter.10gb.org

Hope you enjoy it!

Does it work only for english version ?
RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by dagsaag on 06-30-2006 at 10:04 AM

It should work on other language to. I have norwegian version of msn8 and it works well so far:)

But there is one thing im wondering. How do i uninstall smallDP?

RE: RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by TheAngel on 06-30-2006 at 10:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by |Rolando|
consider it done ;) (for English versions of Messenger only though)

:D

hope the next patch wont be long :P
RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by NeuralTransmitter on 06-30-2006 at 11:43 AM

@ Noamuth:
how do I revert to my backup (using version 0.2)

* Close Live Messenger
* Go to \Program Files\MSN Messenger
* Rename msgsres.DPBAK to msgsres.dll
* Restart Live Messenger

Btw, I now have added a restore function (to previous backup) in the new version 0.21 that is now online at http://neuraltransmitter.10gb.org

how do i change the size of the dp?
I will add this in the next version, for now, you can apply the 3th patch: "Medium DP for the Detailed contact list". (see http://neuraltransmitter.10gb.org for instructions on how to access the detailed contact list)

@bess:
will it work for non-English versions of messenger?
Yes, it is fully multi-language compatible!

@dagsaag:
You cannot 'uninstall' smallDP, since you do not install it :)
But, you can revert to the previous backup, using the methode described above, or using the new version uploaded just now.

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by Noamuth on 06-30-2006 at 11:56 AM

Thank you so much. ^.^

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by ilSavio on 06-30-2006 at 12:16 PM

I downloaded the patch and i'm using medium DPs, but i have 2 questions:
1-how can i change the size of the blue buddy image or replace it?
2-how can i replace the green buddies with only the status icon? like in the second option of your patch.
thanks!

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by NeuralTransmitter on 06-30-2006 at 12:19 PM

@ilSavio: I will take your requests up for a next version. You are talking about patches for the Detailed contact list, right?

RE: RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by ilSavio on 06-30-2006 at 12:24 PM

quote:
@ilSavio: I will take your requests up for a next version. You are talking about patches for the Detailed contact list, right?

Yes ;)

However can you tell me how to change the blue buddy image or size? I've read something in this thread but i didn't understand how to do it. (i think i've to use reshack but i don't know how :))
I ask this because i see that in the detailed contact list the buddy hasn't got the 32x32 size but a smaller one.

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by NeuralTransmitter on 06-30-2006 at 12:27 PM

you can change the blue buddy using reshack, indeed:
just change 4000 > 597 with a picture you like.

Mind that changing this into a lager picture, influences the normal contact list...

RE: RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by cippo on 06-30-2006 at 12:30 PM

quote:

Ok, we will have to wait the next version, but can't you suggest a shortcut where we could work on that?
I meant, without waiting for next version, can't we use Resource Hack to modify the dimension as it was possible to do with the first experiments in this forum :D
In case of positive answer where can we search in Res Hack?

Many thanks, and sorry for illiterate english...

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by NeuralTransmitter on 06-30-2006 at 12:32 PM

see my post above your post :)

RE: RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by ilSavio on 06-30-2006 at 12:36 PM

quote:
you can change the blue buddy using reshack, indeed:
just change 4000 > 597 with a picture you like.

Mind that changing this into a lager picture, influences the normal contact list...

Thanks, i managed to do it (H)
Waiting for the next version of the patch, good work (Y)
RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by cippo on 06-30-2006 at 02:08 PM

Ops, very sorry. :$
I thought it was only about the blue buddies

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by NeuralTransmitter on 06-30-2006 at 02:21 PM

@cippo Ehm, it was about the blue buddies :).... what was your question then sorry?

I've updated v0.22 again
- now you *can* change 4000 > 597 with reshack when you want something else than the blue buddie and that doens't affect the normal contact list. note: a more user-friendly way of  changing this default picture will be implemented somewhere along the road.
- also, the size of the "Detailed" contact list, is now truly "medium" :)

remember to revert to your original version, before you apply the patch again.

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by Graventhorp on 06-30-2006 at 06:10 PM

So wait, this patch has the same problem than the reshack method, that being that the DPs get the size we want  but the blu buddie stays the same humongous size??

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by NeuralTransmitter on 06-30-2006 at 09:46 PM

No, Graventhrop, the bluebuddy is resized to the size it should be AND you may, if you like, change the blue buddy with reshack to whatever you like. As long as your picture is 48x48, it will get resized proporly.

Just make sure you download v0.22, revert to your original dll and apply the patch, before you change the blue buddy with reshack.

Good luck :)

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by hanlin on 07-01-2006 at 12:00 AM

Thanks for the wonderful patch! :D

Just some suggestions I have:

-At first glance, I can't differentiate offline contacts from online ones. Maybe a offline icon or the buddy icon like in 7.5? Even a change in alpha value for the dp of offline contacts might be helpful...

-With so much whitespace on the left side it looks weird, especially for the case where no green buddy is showing. Is it possible to reduce it? And if those gleam icons are the problem, perhaps place it on either the top left or top right corner of the small dp.

-For cosmetic purposes, maybe a gray border around the small dps, like those medium sized ones?

-I know this might not be very relevant, but maybe a patch to click on the small dp opens the contact card, or closes one that is already open.

Thanks for the great work once again ;)

RE: RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by djsolidsnake86 on 07-01-2006 at 03:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hanlin
-With so much whitespace on the left side it looks weird, especially for the case where no green buddy is showing. Is it possible to reduce it? And if those gleam icons are the problem, perhaps place it on either the top left or top right corner of the small dp.

i'm totally agree! :D
RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by adam.yao on 07-01-2006 at 06:06 PM

thanks to NeuralTransmitter

RE: RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by NeuralTransmitter on 07-02-2006 at 12:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hanlin
Thanks for the wonderful patch! :D

Just some suggestions I have:

-At first glance, I can't differentiate offline contacts from online ones. Maybe a offline icon or the buddy icon like in 7.5? Even a change in alpha value for the dp of offline contacts might be helpful...

-For cosmetic purposes, maybe a gray border around the small dps, like those medium sized ones?

-I know this might not be very relevant, but maybe a patch to click on the small dp opens the contact card, or closes one that is already open.

Thanks for the great work once again ;)

Thanks for all your suggestions, and you know, I acctually agree to them all :D

In the upcoming v0.25:
- I've added an offline icon
- The withspace is now adjusted, according to the patch you select.
- There is a grey canvas around the avatar in the normal list, a very good suggestion! It really *does* look better!
- This last suggestion, I'll look into that later on next week.

Although I have now implemented all your suggestions, I have not yet uploaded the newest version (which will be v0.25).

I also did a complete rewrite of the source code, and there are still some parts left to do. It's now 2:12 so I think I'll leave that for tomorrow evening.

Again, thanks for your suggestions!! :)(Y)
RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by yellow on 07-02-2006 at 12:02 PM

Great work. Waiting for the v0.25 =)

But I have a favor to ask you:

may you add the "Remove green buddies" option also for the detailed contact list? That would be awesome =)

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by hanlin on 07-02-2006 at 06:59 PM

Thanks for v0.25... looks better now :D

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by bobbi on 07-02-2006 at 07:08 PM

first - thank you very much for the tweaker , its awesome!

but is it possible to remove the grey offline icon? maybe you can make a fourth option for that

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by NeuralTransmitter on 07-02-2006 at 07:39 PM

So you guys are actually faster than me :)

As you noticed, version 0.25 is now online, which includes all the improvements I wrote about yesterday. (Thanks again to Halin and others for the suggestions!)

Next on the TODO list is indeed a complete new user interface, that will allow for far more flexible tweaking, including the requested options from this forum such as: remove the green buddy in detailed list, removing the offline icon, changing the default blue icon...

So that will definatly be version 0.3, I hope I'll be able to finish it somewhere by the end of next week. As some of you might be aware, UI programming often takes a while ;) And I don't have too much time on my hands the coming week, actually, since it's graduation week :o)

So, enjoy the current 0.25 version, and keep those suggestions coming please! :D

Take care,

Neural

ps. what's your opinion on the new name, Contact list tweak?

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by Marky on 07-02-2006 at 07:41 PM

Did you hear anything back about integrating with the Mess Patch or do you want to keep this as a separate patch?

RE: RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by NeuralTransmitter on 07-02-2006 at 07:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Marky
Did you hear anything back about integrating with the Mess Patch or do you want to keep this as a separate patch?

I wrote them some days ago, and I got back they would look into it. Also, I think Rolando will be integrating something similar in Mess Patch as he stated earlier in this thread.

So, for now, I just keep on improving the patch, so as to let everybody enjoy the tweaks now. I hope this way I still can make a difference afterall -- we'll see where it goes from here :)

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by |Rolando| on 07-07-2006 at 01:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Marky
It's here... check the latest release :)
RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by V@no on 07-20-2006 at 01:51 PM

Thanks for the patch!

Now, I have a question.
When I first tryed WLM 8 Beta with new look, there was a very neat feature, when you click on a contact in main window, the space around the contact doubles allowed to see him/her as if you would select "detailed view", but only that one selected contact (Skype use the same feature). Then, next beta version came out and this feature disapiered...anyone knows what happend to it? why it was removed and if there is a way to add it back?

Thanks.

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by giken on 07-24-2006 at 07:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by V@no
Thanks for the patch!

Now, I have a question.
When I first tryed WLM 8 Beta with new look, there was a very neat feature, when you click on a contact in main window, the space around the contact doubles allowed to see him/her as if you would select "detailed view", but only that one selected contact (Skype use the same feature). Then, next beta version came out and this feature disapiered...anyone knows what happend to it? why it was removed and if there is a way to add it back?

Thanks.

Beta Testers didn't like it, so removed :P

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by Storm666 on 08-01-2006 at 04:05 PM

Well, I have a strange issue where I activated that Detail View while I tested the Beta a while ago. Then I uninstall the whole thing and got back to regular MSN messenger...

now I got back but I have the detail view!!! And I can revert it! :P Must be a registry setting, I'll search for that. If anybody knows...

Oh, I was trying to access Neuraltransmitter link, but it doesn't work for me. Is it down?

http://neuraltransmitter.10gb.org/

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by dartakaum on 08-28-2006 at 12:03 AM

http://neuraltransmitter.10gb.org/ is down!

no one can arrange a mirror?

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by artfuldodga on 08-28-2006 at 12:46 AM

I was about to try this :) someone get a link up please

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by tony on 08-28-2006 at 12:57 AM

here is a mirror: http://shrbr.com/files/ContactlistTweak.zip

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by artfuldodga on 08-28-2006 at 02:44 AM

Edit: Would it be possible to put a little bit more space between the Mini DP's and the Status Indicators in the Normal Contact List View

Ex)

From barely no space at all..
[Image: contacts-1.png]

To just a little bit more :P
[Image: contacts2.png]

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by |Rolando| on 09-15-2006 at 01:18 AM

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but Mess Patch G5 got a new personalization page just for thumbnailed dps in the contact list. Check out the options screenie:
[Image: personalizationdo0.png]

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by |Rolando| on 09-15-2006 at 05:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
Looks great..! and Happy Birthday :P
Oh thanks alot :)
RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by achu520 on 09-18-2006 at 06:55 AM

Dear Rolnado,
Could you help to modify this feature :to add "Status Indicators" like ContactlistTweak.exe when we set "remove buddyicons" ?thanks a lot!!

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by esnupe on 09-18-2006 at 08:07 AM

As much as I try I can't see the thumbnails display screen on the latest release of Mess Patch. I'm sure I'm missing something, still if anybody could help... thanks

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by achu520 on 09-18-2006 at 08:30 AM

You need to download Mess Patch Generation 5

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by RaPLeX on 09-18-2006 at 08:57 AM

with mess patch G5,Contact DPs larger than default.

[Image: messbepatchfx6.jpg]

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by ChromeX on 11-04-2006 at 11:04 PM

Mm ok applying the patch now displays the pictures, and it nice, but as far as i remember, the personal messagge in gray was always displayed under the Name and not after it. Am i wrong?

RE: What about the contacts pictures in the main window by artfuldodga on 12-16-2006 at 09:11 AM

http://shrbr.com/files/ContactlistTweak.zip

would someone be able to update this patch to work work with latest
windows live messenger beta? .0168

id use mess patch, but using its options you have to use the mini dp and also have the messenger buddy status icons displayed (which just seems cluttered to me) also usng mess patch you have to hover over each contact to see what their actual status is (no good)

this tweak is ideal as its: minidp lonestatusindicator nickname - pers msg.

thanks in advance if anyone bothers :)