Shoutbox

how do you hide offline contacts? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: how do you hide offline contacts? (/showthread.php?tid=61191)

how do you hide offline contacts? by CyberMew on 06-25-2006 at 09:02 AM

When you send a instant message, how do you hide all of the offline contacts? I got tons and I hate to scroll just to find someone in the sea of names and especially when its not displayed in email addresses..

Not sure why the old versions of msn and plus works perfectly for me with all those nice features, but I feel that the new versions of both is only a GUI upgrade. Sometimes I feel that some of the new features is only a obstruction although its nice. Why can't the developers combine all of the features and suggestions and make it configurable?

Sorry I don't know where to post this so mods please move to the correct section?

RE: how do you hide offline contacts? by Discrate on 06-25-2006 at 09:05 AM

Go to contacts, veiw contacts by and then status. It will display a online section and a offline scetion, so you will know whos offline and whos online.

RE: how do you hide offline contacts? by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 09:06 AM

Is this what you need?

Contacts > Sort Contacts by > Status.

RE: how do you hide offline contacts? by CyberMew on 06-25-2006 at 09:10 AM

Hi, thanks for helping but thats not what I want. What I want for the main MSN window is to have groups with offline and online users displayed. They (The users) are to be displayed in their own nicknames/display names.

As for the Send an Instant Message(Select Contacts), only online email addresses are displayed, retaining all names inside conversation windows.

Also, how do you remove the close all chats option when you right click on a conversation at the taskbar?

RE: how do you hide offline contacts? by Discrate on 06-25-2006 at 09:15 AM

Do what we said and that will display them in online/offline groups with  there nicknames.

RE: how do you hide offline contacts? by CyberMew on 06-25-2006 at 09:23 AM

Sorry for not being very clear.

What I mean is very simple. I want a combination of the two:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7930/qn11mf.jpg (when you expand the groups, it shows their display names, NOT email)
and
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/19/qn23qw.jpg

RE: how do you hide offline contacts? by Discrate on 06-25-2006 at 09:25 AM

I dont think that could be done in the current version.

RE: how do you hide offline contacts? by CyberMew on 06-25-2006 at 09:32 AM

Ic... So is there no chance at all for the hide part for the Send a contact message window? Because its really annoying!

RE: how do you hide offline contacts? by Discrate on 06-25-2006 at 09:33 AM

Nope dont think so.

RE: how do you hide offline contacts? by CyberMew on 06-25-2006 at 09:36 AM

alright.. thank you.. hope they implement those features soon. i want them back

RE: how do you hide offline contacts? by im92109210 on 06-25-2006 at 10:06 AM

hi, i have similar issue if you all dont mind.

when the window is closed and you just have the msn icon, when you right click and click send a instant message.

Previously we see the online and other statuses except offline. Now because of the offline messaging feature all of the contacts are seen which is annoying, anyway of removing or hiding the offline people?

Thanks