Shoutbox

Nudge Delay... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Nudge Delay... (/showthread.php?tid=61206)

Nudge Delay... by Jeffers on 06-25-2006 at 09:30 AM

Does anyone know of any script to disable the nudge delay?

RE: Nudge Delay... by Discrate on 06-25-2006 at 09:32 AM

Use a-patch or mess patch, but thats a good idea for a script, i hope someone makes it:P

RE: Nudge Delay... by MattyRid on 06-25-2006 at 09:32 AM

Just patch it using either a-patch or mess patch :D

RE: Nudge Delay... by vaccination on 06-25-2006 at 09:34 AM

The Mess Patch does this along with a whole lot of other featueres!

Check it out here! (second post down)

EDIT: Too late lol

RE: Nudge Delay... by Jeffers on 06-25-2006 at 09:34 AM

well the new a-patch does not seem to work...:( hence the reason why i am posting

EDIT: I'll have to try that mess patch :P would still be cool to create a script lol

RE: Nudge Delay... by MattyRid on 06-25-2006 at 09:34 AM

Try mess patch then

RE: Nudge Delay... by aNILEator on 06-25-2006 at 10:30 AM

i don't think a script could do this as it is directly embedded withing messenger, it would have to be some pretty damn uber scripting, just take the easy option and use mess patch

RE: RE: Nudge Delay... by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 10:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
i don't think a script could do this as it is directly embedded withing messenger, it would have to be some pretty damn uber scripting, just take the easy option and use mess patch

in messenger 7.5 there was a program you could have running in the background that would allow lots of nudging without editing the messenger file, i'll try to find what it's called.
RE: RE: Nudge Delay... by CookieRevised on 06-25-2006 at 11:04 AM

quote:
Actually pretty easy to do this. All you need to do patching some bytes in the process memory of messenger (just as a soft patch actually). A call or two to the right APIs and it's done ;)
RE: RE: RE: Nudge Delay... by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 11:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Actually pretty easy to do this. All you need to do patching some bytes in the process memory of messenger (just as a soft patch actually). A call or two to the right APIs and it's done ;)

awesome, will a script of this be made?
RE: Nudge Delay... by Mike on 06-25-2006 at 01:09 PM

quote:
True, but you will have to find the memory addresses you need to edit which is gonna be a little hard.
Also, everytime a new version of WLM is released, you will probably need to find that address again.
And if the user has patched WLM, then that memory address has probably changed too, so you will need a big list of the addresses for every patch combining patching features enabled/disabled (bah didn't know how to explain this... :P)

Ofcourse, I could be wrong, which I think I am, so Cookie, just correct me :P
RE: RE: Nudge Delay... by Jellings on 06-25-2006 at 01:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
True, but you will have to find the memory addresses you need to edit which is gonna be a little hard.
Also, everytime a new version of WLM is released, you will probably need to find that address again.
And if the user has patched WLM, then that memory address has probably changed too, so you will need a big list of the addresses for every patch combining patching features enabled/disabled (bah didn't know how to explain this... :P)

Ofcourse, I could be wrong, which I think I am, so Cookie, just correct me :P

when i was using something like this for MSN 7 it worked on all the versions (7.xxxx etc. and 7.5.xxxxx etc.) when they were both patched and unpatched.
although MSN 7 was probably totally different to WLM 8.0
RE: RE: Nudge Delay... by CookieRevised on 06-25-2006 at 06:15 PM

quote:
quote:
It's very easy seeing that there are already many hard patches. You don't need to 'find' anything as that is already done ;)

quote:
Many things do not change quite that drastically between simply build updates. And for those other occasions there are always those hard patches, which are updated too...

quote:
And if the user has patched WLM, then that memory address has probably changed too
That doesn't matter at all.
RE: Nudge Delay... by Reload2 on 06-25-2006 at 06:24 PM

The A-Patch Remove Nudge Delay never worked, on a new msn version, on a just-reformatted pc, etc. It never worked :S I reported the bug but Ahmad never fixed it :S

RE: Nudge Delay... by wlmcrap on 07-09-2006 at 02:13 AM

Huh, I've never had any trubble with a-patch, but i hav with mess patch. once when i used mess patch it made msns colours all funny and distorted.

you can get the code to remove nudge delays from: http://volv.net/index.php?page=tut_msnhex

:)