Shoutbox

Banned Signs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Banned Signs (/showthread.php?tid=61278)

Banned Signs by Fuzzles on 06-25-2006 at 12:51 PM

I know we should'nt really look or care about the banned people :P but there is a gap between at the bottom of their name. Is this intentional or a bug.

Anyway i don't like the small line across the name...
Your opinions... :S?

RE: Banned Signs by haydos on 06-25-2006 at 03:13 PM

I don't know if it's just my eyes losing on me, but isn't that user's forum nick "-_Majin_-"? (without the quotes of course). When you bold the name (as is intended behaviour of the forum) and put a strike through it, isn't that normal?

RE: Banned Signs by markee on 06-25-2006 at 03:27 PM

I think haydn is right. I did a quick search for the members "Majin", "_Majin_" and "-_Majin_-" and the only one that came back with any results was the third one.

RE: Banned Signs by Fuzzles on 06-25-2006 at 10:46 PM

Oh :lol: ok........threads answer found

RE: Banned Signs by RaceProUK on 06-26-2006 at 01:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
I think haydn is right. I did a quick search for the members "Majin", "_Majin_" and "-_Majin_-" and the only one that came back with any results was the third one.
They should all return the same user. In fact, the first term finds four members, including -_Majin_-.
RE: Banned Signs by markee on 06-26-2006 at 03:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
They should all return the same user. In fact, the first term finds four members, including -_Majin_-.

I tried it again with just "Majin" and I didn't get any results :s

I went to search and typed "Majin" (without the "") into usrname and I didn't get any results, the only one it comes up with -_Majin_-'s username is when I write "-_Majin_-" (again without the "") in the username part of the search.
RE: Banned Signs by WDZ on 06-26-2006 at 03:45 AM

You searching on the memberlist, or for posts? :p

RE: Banned Signs by qgroessl on 06-26-2006 at 03:45 AM

quote:
I tried it again with just "Majin" and I didn't get any results

It all depends on where you search it... if you search it using the "search" feature you can only get it with the exact name.... if you go in the "member list" (both of them are at the top of the page) and search in there, any of those should work.

EDIT:... Dodgy WDZ :p haha... if I would've have been messing around with the quote by only getting that part and screwing up 3 times I wouldn't have been too slow!..... :p

Oh... and WDZ is lazy ;) haha
RE: Banned Signs by markee on 06-26-2006 at 03:51 AM

Oh ok, thanks for that.  I'll keep it in mind next time I'm searching for a member (Y)

Btw, UTI's explaination was more helpful (keep it in mind next time WDZ :P)