Shoutbox

Problem with codes - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Problem with codes (/showthread.php?tid=61295)

Problem with codes by Matmat on 06-25-2006 at 01:25 PM

Hi all! i have a trange probleme with the new messenger plus! i dont know if this problem has been allready threated:S well i show you whats appening on the attachment!

i cant see any colours and all codes arent working! ive tried (!IP) and the over ones it doesnt work!! but i can see the colours in my contact list so it is strange! I hope youll be able to help me;)

thxxx

RE: Problem with codes by woeiiii on 06-25-2006 at 03:34 PM

I'm not sure if this is what adresses the problem. But I read on the forums that when one person has WLM and MP!L and uses the code format like you do ( [ b ], [c=10] etc ), and when the other person does not have WLM and MP!L, it doesn't work.

I reccomend changing your settings. In the MP!L Preferences screen, on the last tab, you can change settings from BBCode to IRC. That might solve the problem. (Maybe you need to create your screenname again using the new code, I'm not sure)

If it doesn't solve your problem, I'm sorry. At least it bumped your post to the top of the list :p.

RE: Problem with codes by tony on 06-25-2006 at 03:45 PM

Same thing is happening to a friend of mine, i couldnt help him.. here's a screenshot:

[Image: problemas12fg.th.jpg]

he has downloaded the latest versions of WLM and MPL! as i suggested him, i hope this can help improve Messenger Plus! Live, thanks.

RE: Problem with codes by Voldemort on 06-25-2006 at 03:58 PM

Check this two things are checked:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=675432]

RE: Problem with codes by tony on 06-25-2006 at 04:01 PM

yes, i have suggested them to activate those options, and the problem still happening, the colour format seems the only thing that isnt working for him :undecided:

RE: Problem with codes by Matmat on 06-25-2006 at 05:59 PM

well my probleme inst exactly that because as you can see on the following attacment i have colours but not everywere! and they over codes such as bold underligne , IP well no codes work in the conversation window:S

RE: RE: Problem with codes by sufcste on 06-25-2006 at 06:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by woeiiii
I'm not sure if this is what adresses the problem. But I read on the forums that when one person has WLM and MP!L and uses the code format like you do ( [ b ], [c=10] etc ), and when the other person does not have WLM and MP!L, it doesn't work.
If you have MP!L, then your name should be in colour. Make sure bb coding is selected when trying [c=14][/c] etc.
RE: Problem with codes by Matmat on 06-25-2006 at 07:11 PM

can some one help me?

RE: Problem with codes by cemo on 06-25-2006 at 07:57 PM

(H)hey, I've find the answer, now my msn  plus live is working very good, excuse me 4 my bad english
1. u have to uninstall all, windows live messenger and the messenger plus live!
2. erase all the folders of messenger
3. try to install all one more time the windows live messenger and the messenger plus live!
4. enjoy this wonderfull program :D

I've done it and now I can see the colors and to listen the sounds ;)

RE: Problem with codes by Matmat on 06-25-2006 at 09:49 PM

wow it was maybe the simpliest thing to do but it works now!! lol thx a lot:P   and dont worry for youre english lol im french
Smiliench