Shoutbox

[Request] Open email in default browser - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Open email in default browser (/showthread.php?tid=61299)

[Request] Open email in default browser by AgentX on 06-25-2006 at 01:45 PM

Stuffplug-NG used to have this feature but the new version of that doesn't seem to be coming out for a while.  It should be reasonably simple to implement this feature and would be very useful... IE just annoys me.

RE: [Request] Open email in default browser by RaceProUK on 06-25-2006 at 02:14 PM

It won't be possible in a script, as the API doesn't expose that sort of functionality. However, it's possible to get a script interfacing with a DLL to do it.

RE: [Request] Open email in default browser by Mr. Bougo on 06-26-2006 at 05:52 AM

Stuffplug 3 will be ready around thursday or friday ;)

I understand, IE is really annoying :p

RE: [Request] Open email in default browser by TheBlasphemer on 06-26-2006 at 07:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Bougo

Erm... wtf?!
I never said anything like that!
RE: [Request] Open email in default browser by Ezra on 06-26-2006 at 09:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
quote:

Erm... wtf?!

:lol:

btw, TB, could you please release StuffPlug with a Live! wrapper (if possible), So we can still use it with Live!
RE: [Request] Open email in default browser by TheBlasphemer on 06-26-2006 at 09:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
quote:

Erm... wtf?!

:lol:

btw, TB, could you please release StuffPlug with a Live! wrapper (if possible), So we can still use it with Live!

It's impossible to write a wrapper around SPNG or SP1, I've posted the reasons somewhere else. And it's also impossible to write a wrapper around SP3, as it's waaaay more advanced than what scripting would allow it to be ;)
RE: [Request] Open email in default browser by Mr. Bougo on 06-26-2006 at 09:51 AM

quote:
Lord d'Eath and me are currently working on the final bits and pieces of the new website for StuffPlug 3. I think we'll get everything ready within a week, probably around thursday or friday even.

Jeeze, you were talking about the site xD

Sorry, confusion :p
RE: [Request] Open email in default browser by mathieumg on 06-26-2006 at 11:52 AM

That was posted on May 28th :D