Shoutbox

MenuButtonControl events - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: MenuButtonControl events (/showthread.php?tid=61332)

MenuButtonControl events by fatm on 06-25-2006 at 03:47 PM

I can't seem to pick up the event when a MenuEntry is clicked inside a MenuButtonControl. OnWndEvent_CtrlClicked is called when the button itself is clicked i.e. the menu is opened, but the same isn't called when an item in the menu is clicked.

Suggestions?

RE: MenuButtonControl events by matty on 06-25-2006 at 04:00 PM

code:
function OnEvent_MenuClicked(sMenuId, nLocation, ChatWnd){

}

RE: MenuButtonControl events by fatm on 06-25-2006 at 04:03 PM

That handles the scripts main menu on the Plus! menu. I'm talking about a menu button, hint: look at the options button in event viewer.

RE: MenuButtonControl events by deAd on 06-25-2006 at 04:19 PM

I don't think you can use those. It states in the documentation that the XML engine was created for Plus!, and many controls/events aren't completely ready to be used in scripts. I've tried to use a MenuButtonControl, and I believe that this (along many, many others) is one of the controls that cannot be used in a script.

I personally think Patchou should have just included all of the events for everything :^)

RE: MenuButtonControl events by fatm on 06-25-2006 at 04:21 PM

Hmm ok, at least I don't have to keep pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. :P

Plus! 5.0 maybe? ;)

RE: RE: MenuButtonControl events by segosa on 06-25-2006 at 04:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fatm
Hmm ok, at least I don't have to keep pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. :P

Plus! 5.0 maybe? ;)

I'm sure if you ask Patchou he'll add support in future versions.
RE: MenuButtonControl events by deAd on 06-25-2006 at 04:38 PM

Yeah, that was also mentioned in the documentation; events and support for more controls is added on request. =/