Shoutbox

E-mail Accounts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: E-mail Accounts (/showthread.php?tid=61342)

E-mail Accounts by bijon on 06-25-2006 at 04:15 PM

I enter in my yahoo email and password accurately but, it says it was mail server could not be contacted or has refused your information. can u help me?

RE: E-mail Accounts by Felu on 06-25-2006 at 04:18 PM

This forum is for MP!L, WLM and MSN Messenger not Yahoo Messenger.

Anyways the yahoo server maybe be down due to integration of Yahoo and MSN servers.

Forum for Yahoo Messenger- http://www.bigblueball.com/forums/yahoo-messenger-support/

RE: E-mail Accounts by matty on 06-25-2006 at 04:25 PM

If you are refering to the POP3 email checking; I do not think yahoo supports POP3.

RE: E-mail Accounts by acahoneyfresh on 06-25-2006 at 05:50 PM

what about GMAIL?

RE: E-mail Accounts by matty on 06-25-2006 at 06:34 PM

With GMail you need to enable POP3 checking in the preferences

[Image: attachment.php?pid=675813]

RE: E-mail Accounts by Shaggie on 06-30-2006 at 05:38 PM

I have this exact problem, but the mail server is definitely up.  It is my work mail server, and it worked properly with MsgPlus 3.63.

I even compaired the settings in the registry as best I could, and they are the same.

Any Suggestions?

RE: E-mail Accounts by RaceProUK on 06-30-2006 at 08:23 PM

Does the server use SSL? If so, you need to tell Plus! that. You can also try pinging the server to see if it's up.

RE: E-mail Accounts by Shaggie on 06-30-2006 at 08:33 PM

I didn't use SSL with MsgPlus 3, so why would I need it now. Oh I & I am the IT Manager here @ my company.

RE: E-mail Accounts by Shaggie on 07-05-2006 at 09:50 PM

So here is something very strange.  All of a sudden, Msg Plus Live can contact my mail server, and nothing has changed.  I had verified that my mailserver was up at the time, by going into my mailbox and our public mail folders (We use Exchange 2003 here).

I don't know what happened, but oh well, at least it works now.

RE: E-mail Accounts by bman on 07-05-2006 at 10:55 PM

I have the same kind of problem, but mine crashing, as posted in my other thread.

Mine is still not working, and I'm pretty sure I don't use SSL, never have. Is there another way to get WLM to check 2 different emails without plus?